• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

diet composition

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
NF -> acetylcholine dominant -> synthesized in certain neurons by the enzyme choline acetyltransferase from the compounds choline and acetyl-CoA.
thank you wikipedia ^

NT -> dopamine dominant -> a derivative of tyrosine

SP -> serotonin dominant -> a derivative of tryptophan

SJ -> GABA dominant -> a derivative of glutamine

you might be on to something with this theory if it werent for a Ti-dom SP like myself. where would i fit in, i wonder :alttongue:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i usually eat oatmeal for breakfast
and then i eat anything from homemade pizza to a salad with chicken to ramen noodles for lunch
i usually snack all day until dinner. I eat a lot of chips and salsa and a lot of turkey pepperoni and animal crackers. my sodium intake is probably ridiculous.
for dinner i usually cook something. the only meals i can cook are: enchiladas, chili, tacos, meatloaf, vegetable soup, pizza, spaghetti, stirfry, fajitas and some casseroles. Those meals usually alternate.I only eat lean red meat and chicken and turkey. I hate meat with high fat percentages, it makes me want to throw up. I rarely eat fast food, but i do enjoy taco bell and i really like curly fries a lot, even though they have trans fat.
During the winter i want to eat food that my grandma cooks. I want comfort food, and i want lots of it! During the summer, i want whatever will keep me cool. Watermelon is always a good summer food. :)

As far as drinks go, i drink A LOT of coke and dr.pepper, which i'm trying to cut back on. I also drink my fair share of water and lots and lots of strong tea.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
As far as drinks go, i drink A LOT of coke and dr.pepper, which i'm trying to cut back on. I also drink my fair share of water and lots and lots of strong tea.

i used to drink a lot of carbonated drinks... its easier if you work your way out of it. i went to diet, then to carbonated flavored water and sprite zero, and then to just water and light teas. :)

it's really bad for your teeth and muscles that control the entrance of food into your stomach. a friend of mine just had to have a lot of expensive dental work done because when we were younger, he works 14+ hour shifts out on a combine and would drink soda every day, so his teeth got all messed up :doh:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ok here is an example of this system: my ENTJ friend was having trouble sleeping and i figured out the order of her neurotransmitters and then did a little bit of brainstorming. her neurotransmitters looked as follows: dopamine (no problems here), acetylcholine (no problems), GABA (probably no problems) and serotonin (this was her problem). she had a pretty extreme serotonin deficiency. all she did was take some tryptophan (an amino acid) supplements and within a month she was sleeping for 8 hours every night with no problems and waking up feeling refreshed.

all this is in the Edge Effect by Eric Braverman...this an an EXCELLENT book. worth every penny. unfortunately it doesn't go into how he developed this enough. im surprised no one else read it. if you are a health nut/mbti nut this is a must buy. he literally relates MBTI to neurotransmitters then gives diet plans for each type.

im pretty sure pot gives a spike in acetylcholine btw lol

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
im an ectomorph and am not sensitive to carbs so i tend to eat a bit of (healthy) carbs. lean meat. lots of lean meat. really any kind of fruit. lots of fruit. veggies when i can. i never eat processed food if possible and never eat sugar. lots of water. lots of olive oil (yay acytlycholine boost, good for the NF). fish oil. eggs (a lot).

remember

NF -> acetylcholine dominant -> synthesized in certain neurons by the enzyme choline acetyltransferase from the compounds choline and acetyl-CoA.
thank you wikipedia ^

NT -> dopamine dominant -> a derivative of tyrosine

SP -> serotonin dominant -> a derivative of tryptophan

SJ -> GABA dominant -> a derivative of glutamine

sorry for my spelling

What is GABA?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Gamma-aminobutyric acid

basically it's a derivative of glutamine which is an amino acid. great for muscle building.
also linked to naturally created hgh.

now i haven't looked into it all that much but a lot of SJs i know tend to not have trouble creating muscle. one of my good ISTJ friends is a mesomorph and has little body fat. dopamine tends to have a direct link with metabolism also (an NT thing).

there is a lot you can look into with this

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
what does your diet consist of, categorically speaking? carbohydrates, proteins, fat, fiber, cholesterol, etc?

do you think you get all the nutrients and vitamins you need on a daily basis?

what types of food do you mostly eat? where or who do you get them from and why?

in the autumn and winter i tend to eat less carbohydrates and more protein, ive noticed it makes my metabolism go crazy (seems like im always hungry... like right now :sad:)

since im usually lazy about that sort of thing, although i eat well i have pretty poor variety... i try to take a vitamin supplement to make up for that. when i eat out, i like to get different things that i dont like to cook normally (vegetables, for one) so, for me, a fairly big part of eating at restaurants is having foods that i dont usually have access to since they take too long/too complicated to cook.

most of what i eat is simple foods, meat, bread, vegetables, fruit, etc. that are easy to prepare.

1/4 cup of almonds - 170 calories, 5g carbs[4g fiber, 1g sugar] 7g protein, 15g fat

Vegan patty - 110 calories, 4.5g fat, 13g carb[4g fiber, 1g sugar], 5g protein

Edamame - 1.5cups(3 servings, or entire bag) 360 calories, 15g fat, 24g carb[15g fiber, 3g sugar], 30g protein

Almonds, I usually do 1/4 cup in morning, afternoon, and evening.

and drink lots of water 100oz.

and various fruits[grapes apples and bananas]

and various steamed vegetables[broccolil, carrots, green beans].. usually around 1200-1300 calories total by the end of the day. :)

3 times a week though, i'll go up to 1900-2100 when im doing tennis.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Breakfast- medium bowl of raisin bran and 3 glasses of orange juice, and a bowl of strawberries.
Snack- 4 Fig Newtons.
Lunch- 1/2 Roast beef sub, can of Dr. Pepper or Lemonade, snack food of some sort, like cheez-its.
Snack-Ice Cream or other crap, and an apple.
Dinner-Main food varies, over the course of the week it's probably 1/3rd Red Meat, 1/3rd White Meat, 1/6th Pasta, 1/6th take out/pizza Usually two other items as well, such as: Stuffing, corn, potatoes (I'm irish, there are potatoes cooked some way with about 5/7 dinners a week.), peas or rice. Generally I drink milk with dinner.
Snack-Toast w/butter, cinnamon and sugar or English muffin w/butter.

Not a terrible diet, especially considering what most people my age eat...

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
typical day in my diet:
weekday
breakfast- one packet of oatmeal (prepared), one cup of coffee
snack- cheez its
lunch- salad with vinaigrette dressing and croutons or something from the burrito cart, usually tamales.
next snack- chocolate of some sort
dinner- whatever my son says he'll eat for dinner. examples: pizza, chicken nuggets, taquitos, other popular toddler faire. plus one pop.
water intake for the day- 2 liters

weekend
brunch- scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, turkey bacon, english muffin, one giant cup of coffee
dinner- whatever my boyfriend says he will eat for dinner. examples: oven fried chicken, creamy pasta and chicken, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, or take out.
late night- approx 6 beers.
water intake for the day- a glass maybe?

i'm not picky and that's good because my child and boyfriend both are. luckily they have similar taste. i tend to skip red meat because i don't digest it well, but every now and then i'll make my boyfriend cook steaks.

i think i'm doing ok on with fulfilling intake and crap if you take a week into consideration rather than one day. i take a food based multivitamin to pick up the slack. plenty of vitamin d!!

also, i forgot my once weekly cheese bagel and cream cheese + mocha breakfast.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
if anyone wants an awesome diet look at eric bravermans version of the rainbow diet...its badass

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
i could eat Chipotle daily. they make excellent burritos.

Chipotle is my cheat food lol. best freaking burritos. and cheap. and in retrospect really not THAT unhealthy, im pretty sure its completely organic.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
basically you eat foods that cover the entire spectrum of the rainbow. high in fruits and vegetables, moderate in fiber rich grains and protein, low in sat fat, cholesterol, sodium, refined grains, non-healthy oils (olive oil is considered healthy), sugar rich foods and drinks. NO transfat, and absolutely NO partially hydrogenated anything.

go to google and type in "the rainbow diet braverman" and click the first link. by far the best diet system. it helps your body by first helping your mind. wonderful book as a diet plan (The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman). I saw him speak once and he knew his stuff big time. according to my mom, who happens to be a nutritionist, this is the perfect diet plan. give it a looksy

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
Chipotle is my cheat food lol. best freaking burritos. and cheap. and in retrospect really not THAT unhealthy, im pretty sure its completely organic.

not cheap compared to the burrito cart ($3!), not as good either, but far more healthy.

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
basically you eat foods that cover the entire spectrum of the rainbow. high in fruits and vegetables, moderate in fiber rich grains and protein, low in sat fat, cholesterol, sodium, refined grains, non-healthy oils (olive oil is considered healthy), sugar rich foods and drinks. NO transfat, and absolutely NO partially hydrogenated anything.

reminds me of this

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

go to google and type in "the rainbow diet braverman" and click the first link. by far the best diet system. it helps your body by first helping your mind. wonderful book as a diet plan (The Edge Effect by Dr. Eric Braverman). I saw him speak once and he knew his stuff big time. according to my mom, who happens to be a nutritionist, this is the perfect diet plan. give it a looksy

Oh, you mean "the common sense diet".

I'll take a look. Thank you!

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol i dont know if thats sarcasm or a real diet but yes its pretty easy to follow, idk why people have so much problems with diets. or why people go on these crazy diet plans. its pretty freaking easy if you think about it.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Gamma-aminobutyric acid

basically it's a derivative of glutamine which is an amino acid. great for muscle building.
also linked to naturally created hgh.

now i haven't looked into it all that much but a lot of SJs i know tend to not have trouble creating muscle. one of my good ISTJ friends is a mesomorph and has little body fat. dopamine tends to have a direct link with metabolism also (an NT thing).

there is a lot you can look into with this

This sounds fascinating. Is this book specifically type-related or does it just mention types? I've noticed that certain types seem to do better with certain foods and have certain metabolic/muscular/etc eccentricities. Your observation about SJs and muscle development makes a lot of sense--my husband is ESFJ and can't build muscle for anything (he does A LOT of physical activity--lifting, pitching, etc--yet never gains much muscle outwardly, while I, on the other hand, don't do much muscle-building exercises and gain muscle and tone very easily).