• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eating insects; way of the Future?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's funny how much cultural standards affect our perceptions of food. Like, my wife moved to the South and thought it was weird people eat pigs feet. Yet she loves bacon. Some cultures eat chicken wings but would be shocked by people eating chicken feet. Etc.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People in Louisiana eat crawfish. I know it isn't an insect, but it sure looks like one

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Insects are consumed regularly in my culture, especially as street food. Tacos, seasoned with chilli and lime, or mixed into guacamole.

They are delicious but I don't blame anyone for being grossed out at first. I recall screaming the entire time I ate a grasshopper for the first time. I overacted, it was possibly one of the best tasting foods I've ever eaten.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's funny how much cultural standards affect our perceptions of food. Like, my wife moved to the South and thought it was weird people eat pigs feet. Yet she loves bacon. Some cultures eat chicken wings but would be shocked by people eating chicken feet. Etc.

I bought some pickled pigs feet once. I thought they were tasty. I would easily eat them again. Also, I don't have an issue with chicken feet or offal in general, and find blood sausage pretty tasty. Insects might give me pause, although I recognize it's an arbitrary thing.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe I should start eating insects. We don't have many grasshoppers or big ones here. I'd have to eat spiders and mosquitoes or buy grasshoppers from a pet store.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's a real neat idea with all the food crises in the world that we have at our finger tips a variety of spieces that are fast breeding and high in protein. Jus the other day I was out shopping and was tempted to buy a bag of dried meal worms meant for birds to try but thought this is disgusting.