• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What to do with your down time or rest days?

Lark

I recently took up more strenuous physical training, including weight training, its still pretty moderate by most or other peoples standards because I'll be honest I've got to lose another two stone in weight, replacing fat with muscle, before I can begin work proper on my physique.

Anyway, I've found that my rest days are a challenge, I am sore and physically tired but restless and want to do cardio, so do you just have "rest" days on which you do light cardio like half and hour or an hour of moderate cycling or eliptical training or do you really need to knock it off and get a hobby instead?

What do the rest of you do that are into fitness?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I use a foam roller every day, I just avoid joints and bony areas. You could also try yoga/Pilates/stretching on off days. My husband alternates running and cycling but he likes the foam roller too, especially for the IT band/outer thigh.

S16M4

Permabanned
Let repair your musculoskeletal system on rest days, but there's nothing wrong with cardio.

I like to roadbike around town dodging cars and exploring the urban landscape.

Or practice boxing combinations while clutching 1 pound weights.

Brazilian jiu jitsu is my 'regular' non-weight training.

Running isn't my thing as it is boring.

Longboard cruising is always fun as it requires balance and coordination.

Or simply go for a hike. Nature is always good, especially when 420'd.

I also enjoy a little bit of b-boying.

Speedwalkers crack me up. I commend their effort, but they look ridiculous. Oh well, they're old.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
sleep till 4 in the afternoon, eat something a taco bell, the go back home and go to bed at around 6 in the evening

redpilot

I read a book, clean the house, cook/prep food that'll last me for a week, go grocery shopping, etc