• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Veg*an Keto

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
For a variety of reasons I need to adopt a strict diet. Ketogenic and it's stricter Sugar Crush cousin seem appropriate, there's one main problem: I'd like to go and stay vegetarian or better, vegan, but it seems impossible to combine the two. Seeing as many veg*an staples like grains, beans, soy (which I should really stay away from due to thyroid issues) and fruit are actually incredibly harmful, I don't see how it's possible to eat healthfully and ethically without basically living on vitamins....I doubt I could last a week eating like that, much less the rest of my life.

I also worry about the "low-carb flu", especially the depression aspect. I've been dysthymic for half my life, and I'd like to not jump off a bridge over a diet. All the fora say that its a normal part of transitioning, then you can basically go days eating very little and feel full. Seeing as I can't even fast, I doubt I could manage this.

That said, does anyone have any experience with maintaining these kinds of ultra-strict diets for years at a time?

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Today I had pan-cooked padrone peppers with vegan garlic aioli with a glass of ripple (because the unsweetened version has 0 carbs, 5 fat, 8 protein). Some people think the texture is a little chalky, but I really like it.

The garlic aioli I used was:
622ad14f26566a046778ded5be0346d2.jpg

I put a pan on heat 6 out of 10 and waited for it to get hot, I poured in olive oil and then put in the padrone peppers (you should cut off the stem area first and put the largest ones in first so the spice can cook out, don't remove seeds though) I then salted it and when it was almost done cooking I squeezed part of a lemon over it. You want the peppers to blister pretty well so you know the spice is cooked out otherwise you are in for a shock.

I then dipped the peppers in the aioli, it was really good.

ripple:
th

Could not be easier to prepare or more keto friendly. I will post more recipes as a find them however I am not vegan and my diet is not high fat, and since I don't want to post things I haven't tested out myself it might be a while. I remember when I did keto (for a week lol) I stumbled upon a vegan keto blog. I can't remember the name but if you google it you should be able to find it.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seeing as many veg*an staples like grains, beans, soy (which I should really stay away from due to thyroid issues) and fruit are actually incredibly harmful

Do you have any citations that says that? I'm not provoking you, haha, genuinely curious.