• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Soya and lady-bits

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Okayyyyyy, let's rein this in, the original posts were about soya!

SOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAA!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now as a guy, should I worry?

I'm going to have to start drinking something because I can't drink milk :steam:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP

I'm going to have to start drinking something because I can't drink milk :steam:

I probably am not going to worry about it, at least until I start looking like Bob in that clip I posted.

Why can't you drink milk?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lactose intolerant, damn asian genes...

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

No. Really, it is horribly overblown. Even if there *was* a concern, it has such a small effect that it is essentially pointless to adjust behaviour for it. You could do hundreds of things to improve your health more than avoid soy -including not drinking milk/etc.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought milk was supposed to be good for you? Or has the dairy lobby corrupted our elementary schools?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. Really, it is horribly overblown. Even if there *was* a concern, it has such a small effect that it is essentially pointless to adjust behaviour for it. You could do hundreds of things to improve your health more than avoid soy -including not drinking milk/etc.

I haven't drank milk in over a year and a half.

I thought milk was supposed to be good for you? Or has the dairy lobby corrupted our elementary schools?

It is, when you're body is ok with some of the sugars in it.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think about it this way. Every man in Japan would have breasts by now if soy were that much of a danger.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
jj74ag.jpg

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
There is a difference of opinion. I am on the "good for you" side.

I'm on the "everything has mixed elements" side :D

There aren't nearly as many advantages as we think - almost anything milk does, other food does better, and with less rejection. However, there are also less disadvantages than the other side makes it out to be.

It certainly is better than drinking pop and the like!

A good overview - CBC Marketplace: Milk

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm not even gonna pretend to.......

......whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ah! That's a classic Japanese joke! hahaha! Good times!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Think about it this way. Every man in Japan would have breasts by now if soy were that much of a danger.

Eh, you're right there; and so would I, looking back on the food I was brought up on.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Soy is fine. There will always be a counter argument for practically every food in existence consumed in excess. Moderation and balance is key.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Interesting visual :D

There's a difference between fermented and unfermented soya however.

Unfermented is tofu, soy milk and infant soy formula which are the products that have question marks over them. Japanese tend to consume more fermented products like miso and tempeh which are fine.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
i still havent figured out what soy is exactly.

Allow me.....it's plant protein. Is that good enough? Just say the word and I will gladly write you a little essay on soya and soya related matters.:cheese: