• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Yoga advice?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seriously I just need some recommendations:

What are some good intermediate poses and does anyone know of any good videos to look into or get (that are intermediate)
It's surprisingly hard to find any recommendations out there.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use a free app called Yoga Studio that has good intermediate videos, if that helps.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Seriously I just need some recommendations:

What are some good intermediate poses and does anyone know of any good videos to look into or get (that are intermediate)
It's surprisingly hard to find any recommendations out there.

Yoga With Adriene
- YouTube
This woman has 30 days of beginner's yoga class free online, ranging from 45 minutes to a mere 10 minutes. It is a really good program for people who are not even a little bit flexible but can at least do basics (get up and down on the ground by themselves, sit on the ground comfortably, enough upper body strength to do a short plank, etc.)

I see the temp ban here... but maybe when you get back. Or if anyone else was interested in this subject. I'm def not a yoga pro, but I am a beginner and I know she has more intermediate stuff on her playlist as well.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
A few months ago I tried to get back into the swing of things and found Fightmaster's youtube channel. I found it to be pretty nice and the free part also helps.

Fightmaster Yoga
- YouTube

Cowardly

deactivated
Yoga With Adriene
- YouTube
This woman has 30 days of beginner's yoga class free online, ranging from 45 minutes to a mere 10 minutes. It is a really good program for people who are not even a little bit flexible but can at least do basics (get up and down on the ground by themselves, sit on the ground comfortably, enough upper body strength to do a short plank, etc.)

I see the temp ban here... but maybe when you get back. Or if anyone else was interested in this subject. I'm def not a yoga pro, but I am a beginner and I know she has more intermediate stuff on her playlist as well.
That's the one I watch. She's so bubbly... :) your avatar reminds me of her too.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ERm, intermediate means that you are between mastering and learning something :(

I can do beginner poses really easily, but it's just that to gain any real benefit I want to do intermediate I just don't know what stands for that or what is considered. It seems either like super hardcore yoga or intermediate (putting your foot behind your head standing up or some weird shit)

But I guess maybe you just have to find them yourself, but it's frustrating because there is all these different kinds of "types" too : (

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks to the widespread popularity of yoga, men everywhere can give themselves blow jobs. I don't know if blowing yourself makes you gay though.

Seriously, look it up on google, it's become a hot trend.

I highly recommend Ali Kamenova for intermediate and advanced classes. Heck, even her beginners classes can be challenging! Her classes are serene yet a$$ whooping at the same time. And her voice is so relaxing too. Here are a couple of videos to try out:

She also has club memberships for more videos on her website and sometimes gives inspiring talks on her youtube channel too. I learned all I know about yoga from her! She's definitely one of my favorite yogis. :)

stream26

A good sequence to practice at home that takes out the guess work is Ashtanga yoga. It is sequenced so that the poses build on each other and they get more advanced as your work through it. That will take out the guess work. A few good books on that would be Power Yoga by Beryl Bender Birch and Ashtanga Yoga: The Practice Manuel by David Swenson.

What you do is just learn the sequence pose by pose. You start out by learning sun salute A. When you memorize that and feel comfortable, add sun salute B. Just continue that way through the book. Don't go to the next pose until you feel you have a handle on the the previous ones. That doesn't mean that you do them perfectly, but that you feel comfortable with the pose and you have them memorized up until that point. David Swenson's book is really good at showing modifications.

Both books give good information for beginners and how to ease into the practice.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Sun Salutation, plank, chatarunga, upward dog,downward dog and child's pose are for everyone. I suggest any variation on vinyasa, because it's a holistic work out with variations. ...vinyasa and restoration are my favorite types of yoga. I suggest you work with real people and not the Internet if possible, but if online look up vinyasa routines.