• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Leggings = Pants?

Are leggings recognized as pants?

• Absolutely never. Ew gross.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Sometimes, maybe.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Neutral. I don't care as long as they're wearing clothes.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Leggings are usually acceptable. There are a few occasions when they are not.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • You get leggings! YOU get leggings! EVERYONE GETS LEGGINGS!

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love them and wear them all the time (except at work). And I don't really mind if other people do or not.. regardless of what their body type might be. If someone likes them, let them be.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I voted "yes except for some occasions." I love leggings! I just wouldn't wear them to work or a wedding.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I used to be against it but then I realized how foolish I was and how oppressive wearing pants are. it is tough to find a pair that isn't see through though. but they're soooo much more comfortable. I'm not allowed to wear leggings at work so I buy jeggings to fool them.

I do love jeggings in the winter with boots and sweaters.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I live in Los Angeles. People wear some wierd ass shit here. So that debate never comes up, nor is what you wear really important.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
I voted "yes except for some occasions." I love leggings! I just wouldn't wear them to work or a wedding.

12534113_1108628989181337_1471300030_n.jpg

BAM

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Truth.

[MENTION=5470]Gamine[/MENTION]

Practically, I agree with [MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]. Some body types are more suited to leggings/jeggings than others. I might see someone in a grocery store and think that their figure would be better flattered by wearing a yoga-type pant than leggings :shrug:

But, people can wear whatever they want. And, I'll never judge someone who has a more substantial figure for what they wear to work out! I am just talking about - what I personally see as 'aesthetically pleasing' - from a fashion standpoint.

You're an equal opportunity leg covering kind of person, I dig that. Whenever I survey the damage my lululemon addiction has had to my wallet, I know I'm sacrificing everything for comfort. It's like leggings/yoga pants are the new sweat pants.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Those look something like tights with stuff on them, not leggings.

I know, I stretched too far :p

I was really hoping that someone had gotten married wearing legit leggings AND shared the evidence on the internet. I'm determined to find it, it must exist.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Leggings for days. Let people do what the fuck they want. Long as it isn't shooting 50 people for being who they are...

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
[MENTION=5470]Gamine[/MENTION]

I was really hoping that someone had gotten married wearing legit leggings AND shared the evidence on the internet. I'm determined to find it, it must exist.

I pride myself on being able to find anything on the net but this one was tricky! The first pic is the only IRL one I could find. The other's are fashion pics...

Wedding%20leggings_zpsh7hs1phh.png

Wedding%20dress%20with%20leggings_zpsmdfydutt.jpg

Leggings%20Bridal_zpse6jnbzyv.jpg

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NO, THEY ARE NOT PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY EVEN WEAR CLOTHES OR SPEAK COHERENTLY ANYMORE!!??

LETS ALL NOT WEAR pANTS AND SPEAK IN INTERNET SLANG FOREVER.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
For the most part, where I am at, they are socially acceptable in most situations. Not just the gym, but grocery-shopping, shopping, lounging around the house, yard-work, anything casual. The only time they come in on my radar as innapropriate (which btw, I don't even personally deem innapropriate, but find a bit more humorous - the lack of social awareness and the proceeding quiet outrage in response) is when people wear them to a nicer restaurant, a work meeting, etc. I don't fall into the camps that think its somehow more okay when fitter people wear it, because to me that implies that the main focus is aesthetics. I might even argue that the sole function is protection, then comfort, then aesthetics and individual expression. In this case, it is reasonable that heavier people wear leggings, as they often struggle more-so to find clothes that are designed to fit them well, as many stores that carry their size. But really, I just don't care about it. I think I am actually triggered more by people who criticize what others do (finding that to be a greater 'deficiency') than anything people actually wear. Which of course, is part of my own shadow. lol

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
YOU CANNOT TELL ME LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS. I think this is probably more of something my age group grew up with, but everywhere you go you'll see girls wearing leggings. with anything, athletic or not. they're comfy and a good thing to wear when you don't want to wear a skirt/dress or jeans (which is most of the time for me) but you can't wear sweats. you can also dress them up or down so much, there's a lot you can pair them with. but, at the same time, I think there's times where you should not wear leggings. I've seen super see through pants on girls everywhere or pants that did not fit them well. I do not want to see your slimy ass crack when I'm walking behind you on stairs, thanks. but otherwise I say fuckin go for it.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do wear nicer leggings as pants though usually with longer tops that reach my butt.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
do whatever the fuck you want and don't let anyone stop you

i don't wear leggings and i don't care if anyone else does or doesn't

who cares

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes on the bandwagon for leggings. I chose the last option before it was cool. :cool: :party2: :smoke:

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol fuck, I hit tab and fucked up my answer on the poll xD

Virgo1987

MBTI Type
Infp
Leggings are legit and I could care less because I'm not some sort of fashion police in the slightest, but when women wear leggings to work and their job insists of bending down and moving around... generally their shirts aren't long enough and frankly I don't think it's needed to see somebody's ass in skin tight leggings.

If their job isn't physical then there is no problem, but if you're bending snd stretching that is just not work appropriate.