• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Medical video conferencing

redpilot

Is this something you would consider? It means that you can communicate with your doctor for consultation online. I just heard about it i would like to know your opinions. Thanks!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Telehealth services have been around for some time now. The biggest barrier is and will continue be patient privacy and security followed by reimbursement issues in the US, which is the reason it's not more widespread. Since this is my field, I love the idea because it encompasses so many possibilities and making healthcare accessible to anyone, from anywhere. From talking to your doctor on the phone to video conferencing to robotic surgery via video, not to mention provider consultation in emergency situations, natural disasters and so on.

belgianvalid

Is this something you would consider? It means that you can communicate with your doctor for consultation online. I just heard about it i would like to know your opinions. Thanks!

Yes, I think, video conferencing is quite popular nowadays especially using a phone or a wifi. Maybe, you are referring to that? I presume, it could help the medical staff & doctors to connect with patients and other medical staff instantly.

redpilot

When I told my doctor about my concerns regarding security, she told me to check out their website and they have top security and are HIPAA compliant.

This is from their website. What do you think? Good enough?

OmniJoin® web and video conferencing software delivers highly secure voice, video and collaboration through online meetings in our public cloud or your own private cloud. Our cloud is designed for security-conscious businesses with military-grade end-to-end encryption, host authentication, SSL3/TLS/HTTPA transmission security, and multiple levels of meeting password controls.

Video Conferencing Software & Online Meetings - OmniJoin(R)

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
We actually do this all the time. Patient calls in asking about a med, or some side effect, or anything really. We could see them in the office. But it's often easier to just handle certain things over the phone.

I'm not sure what the advantage is to having the words "video" and "conferencing" in the mix have to do with it. That sounds more like a marketing gimmick.