• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dance?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I am looking for some fresh dance inspiration. I don't have time to do classes right now and want to stay limber while not partaking. Free stuff is great but I don't mind to pay if you think it's really worth it.

Have ballet covered but would love any hip hop, swing, latin influenced stuff. I am most lack hip hop background and would really LOVE some fresh instruction vids/tip recommendations in that genre (to incorporate into how I dance when I go out).

Thanks!!

>^.,.^<

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Favourite online choreographers:

OH my stars! THANK YOU so very much.

Tricia Miranda is so fierce. This is exactly what I need tonight to blow off some steam.

Mandy Jiroux & Kyle Hanagami are great for dissecting timing and steps.

Seriously, thanks!

Tazzie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
I love zumba as add my own moves or pace if I want more of a workout. but mostly if I want to change it up i look up like core workouts and others on Youtube. Youtube free lol.

few I like for zumba:
Summer Time Vybz Kartel Zumba Routine - YouTube -summer time more jamacian style I think
"Cumbia Tribalera" for Dance Fitness - YouTube -"Cumbia Tribalera" for Dance Fitness or search tribalera or tribal zumba if you want more of a challenge or go faster pace lol.

Mole

Permabanned
5X5X5

The best kind of dancing is interval dancing.

We dance fast for five minutes, then we sit for five minutes. We do this five times. It takes fifty minutes.

As we dance fast for five minutes, our metabolism rises, and we feel euphoric.

And as we sit for five minutes, our relaxation response kicks in automatically, leaving us relaxed.

And as we repeat this five times over fifty minutes, we set up a metabolic wave in our body, and we set up alternance in our psyche.

And we know, when we are flatlining, when our metabolic wave is zero, we are dead. And we know that a high amplitude metabolic wave is a sign of good health.

And we know alternance in our psyche leads to happiness.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Fitness Marshall is pretty fun. I echo a few of the above as well, they're great channels.

I did go to a swing dance class recently and learned a lot in 40 minutes of time, I actually feel a little confident to look swing-y at the most basic of beginner levels. :3 The most important part is to pulse to the music. That jump-y sort of pulsing really sets the tone for the style. It feels like toddler dancing when you're not used to it.

Also worth mentioning since it is very fast to pick up: Contra Dancing is sometimes held in cities all over the country, and they usually do a small tutorial for beginners just before the dancing commences. The basic idea is that you have a caller, someone who sort of sing-songs what you're suppose to do... you start out really slow, the caller says do this.. then that.. then this.. then that.. and you do 5-7 moves, and then you do the same thing over and over again, and eventually they stop calling it out because the floor has memorized it by then. A new song will start a new sequence of the same. More experienced people will push you in the right direction when you mess up (you will mess up, even if you've been doing it a while) and it's a really fun bluegrassy way to go about things.. sort of like square dancing, but in lines that you work your way up and down. Easier to learn in person via doing it than by instruction, and the dances are usually pretty cheap to go to as long as you don't mind some pretty crunchy people being there.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Favourite online choreographers:
Tricia Miranda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQraeOG-3L8
Mandy Jiroux (most of her vids are slowed down tutorials of choreo from music videos) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPNOA8KZCx8
Kyle Hanagami https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TZYvud_ngY

OH my stars! THANK YOU so very much.

Tricia Miranda is so fierce. This is exactly what I need tonight to blow off some steam.

Mandy Jiroux & Kyle Hanagami are great for dissecting timing and steps.

Seriously, thanks!

Yes Tricia and Chris Porter