• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stretching videos that aren't preachy?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Stretching = yoga = lots of preaching about mind, body, spirit. Which is cool for people into it.. but I cannot stand only getting 20 minutes of stretching for a 40 minute video. I watched one today where I hit 10sec fast forward no less than 20 times.

I really like people who just get right into it. The most preachy I can tolerate:

What I prefer is something like that mixed with this:

Anyone have any recommendations they like that are more based in stretching and flexibility?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Why bother with the videos at all? Once you've watched a few you'll have picked up all you need to know. Just make up your own routine and put some music on in the background.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Why bother with the videos at all? Once you've watched a few you'll have picked up all you need to know. Just make up your own routine and put some music on in the background.

I'm pretty dependent on videos for a few reasons like the time factor.. I have a terrible sense of time while exercising, the amount spent on particular stretches and the overall time spent. Some is better than none, and I do sometimes stretch on my own, but for seriously trying to focus on flexibility I do far far better with pre-measured time spans.. left to my own devices, I will feel like I have done 30 minutes of yoga and it will literally be like 7 minutes later.. Stretching is boring for me, so having the video keeps me from zoning out.. plus, videos tend to remind you of things like posture, and breathing, which I frequently forget.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The preaching comes with yoga.

;)

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
from yoga wisdom springs,
lacking yoga wisdom wanes:
having known this two-fold path
either to progress or decline
so should one exhort oneself
that wisdom may increase

Or did I get this backwards

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The preaching comes with yoga.

;)

I know, its a real pain. I like some of the stretching with yoga, but the long holds in certain poses is just something I'm not ready for, and listening to them talk about centering your heart just makes me gag.