• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The 2016 Healthy Habits Thread

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm trying to start a party- whoever wants to be in it, send me your email address in a PM and I'll invite you!

Actually, this might be easier- the party ID for the Typology Central Habitslayers is:

202b09d4-5373-4c39-91b9-3129810af7b9

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, this might be easier- the party ID for the Typology Central Habitslayers is:

:solidarity: Y'all should get on this! Because it's fun! And I'm not just saying that because three of my favorite things are 1) lists, 2) lists about lists, and 3) 8-bit RPGs!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp

Um, just want to say that I am there. Me, fair warning take it as you will...

(do it- come'on! YOU KNOW YOU WANNA...)

Really the app is cool though, i mean i dont know if i will ever use it but what is there to lose- easy to set up and feel good about yourself in the process.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ohmygod. Habitica is so much more than I could have ever dreamed. All these habits that it didn't even occur to me to start prioritizing, I am now motivated to prioritize.

Here are my lists:

Habits:
Drink a glass of water (+)
Make the bed (+/-)
More fruits and veggies/More grains (+/-)
Early bedtime/Late bedtime (+/-)
Nail-biting (-)
Keep bedroom tidy (+)
Eat snacks/Eat dessert instead of snacks (+/-)

Dailies:
Floss
Either exercise or stretch
Play Lumosity games
Knit
Email inbox maintenance
Maintenance-cleaning
Mandolin practice

I am KILLING IT. Already to level 3. Got my sword and armor and shit. Looking like a real warrior.

Side note: What I love about the Habits section is that you can do something a bunch of times per day and credit it each time. I've definitely been hitting the plus button every single time I drink a glass of water. Good, easy way to get more gold and xp. Might move maintenance-cleaning from Dailies to Habits as a similar tactic.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, hey! I joined that app a while back, did it for a while, and then let it die!

:happy2:

Playing with others would, knowing me, work out better. I'll make a new account with a handle you'll recognize, and let you know.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
nail biting... I've been trying to stop biting mine in my attempt to give some thought to my appearance. So far obsessively keeping them perfectly painted has kept me from biting them for 2 weeks now because if they're perfectly smooth I'm not as annoyed by them so I'm less likely to attempt to bite them

I'm even doing crazy things like putting on makeup and occasionally doing something with my hair that isn't pigtails or a pony tail :shock:

mostly this is part of my "figure out who the hell whatever actually is" thing as opposed to anything new years related though :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just got started with Bodyrock per [MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION]'s recommendation!

BodyRock 5 Day Beginner Challenge
Only two days in and I am SO SORE and SO HUNGRY. All the snacks, all the time, please, and no movement ever. Ughhh.

nail biting... I've been trying to stop biting mine in my attempt to give some thought to my appearance. So far obsessively keeping them perfectly painted has kept me from biting them for 2 weeks now because if they're perfectly smooth I'm not as annoyed by them so I'm less likely to attempt to bite them
I fall into a cycle where every time I DON'T paint my nails, I get obsessive about their length, and never have nail clippers lying around -- so I fall into the nail biting habit again out of some need to have my nails be perfectly even. Not sure if that's the problem you have -- hopefully you don't, because if it's just instinct and not related to anything, then it'll probably be easier to get rid of.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I fall into a cycle where every time I DON'T paint my nails, I get obsessive about their length, and never have nail clippers lying around -- so I fall into the nail biting habit again out of some need to have my nails be perfectly even. Not sure if that's the problem you have -- hopefully you don't, because if it's just instinct and not related to anything, then it'll probably be easier to get rid of.

Noooo! that's exactly what I do! :boohoo:

I've taken now to carrying a nail file with me so that I can make sure that they are even and have no snags on them (the other thing that drives me crazy) at all time... and I've kept them very painted as well... hoping it works, but I'm pretty sure I'll have to keep them painted for LIFE :doh:

Beorn

Permabanned
I think I have to subscribe to this thread.
I'm planning on having a very VERY big year this year and I rather not be fat at the end of it.

Beorn

Permabanned
I think I'm going to do this diet and substitute out some of the tuna meals for a fish with less mercury.

Day One

Meal 1

1/2 cup oatmeal (dry amount) made with water
1/2 cup strawberries
6 egg whites cooked with 1 yolk

Meal 2

1 cup green vegetables
8 oz. chicken breast

Meal 3

Tuna sandwich made with 6-oz. can tuna (in spring water), 2 slices whole-wheat bread, 1 Tbsp. fat-free mayo, 2 leaves romaine lettuce

Meal 4

Protein shake made w/ 40 g whey protein

Meal 5

Chicken salad made with 8 oz. chicken breast, 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing, 1/2 medium tomato, 2 leaves romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup broccoli

1,817 calories, 255 g protein, 98 g carbohydrate, 37 g fat, 20 g fiber
Day Two

Meal 1

1 medium bagel with 2 tbsp. reduced-fat peanut butter
6 egg whites cooked with 1 yolk

Meal 2

1 cup brown long-grain rice (cooked amount)
1 cup green veggies
6 oz. chicken breast

Meal 3

1 cup green veggies
6 oz. lean steak

Meal 4

Protein shake made w/ 30-–40 g whey protein

Meal 5

8 oz. red snapper or halibut
1 cup broccoli

1,959 calories, 254 g protein, 132 g carbohydrate, 39 g fat, 17 g fiber

You get the idea... the rest is continued here:

28-Day Fat-Burning Diet and Meal Plan | Muscle & Fitness

Beorn

Permabanned
Since I'm going to be looking at buying 18 pounds of beef over the next month I decided I might as well see if any local farmers have pastured beef left in the freezer. I might also finally try to get some people together to split a quarter or half steer in early summer.

Wish me luck.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I'm going to be looking at buying 18 pounds of beef over the next month I decided I might as well see if any local farmers have pastured beef left in the freezer. I might also finally try to get some people together to split a quarter or half steer in early summer.

Wish me luck.
God I miss this sort of thing -- finding ways to eat local meat. So reasonably priced in my hometown, and so insanely expensive where I live now.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The winter storm really messed up our routine. Still eating the house down, though.

I'm even doing crazy things like putting on makeup and occasionally doing something with my hair that isn't pigtails or a pony tail :shock:

mostly this is part of my "figure out who the hell whatever actually is" thing as opposed to anything new years related though :)

I like it. :) I have one of those square boards that makes your nails super smooth. Really glad biting nails was never a habit I developed, it seems really hard to break.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh hey, habitica in this thread

I'm in the TypoC party as botched flossing.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This Habitica thing is the tits.