• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your exercise routine.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hello all,

I'm working on a blog that is loosely based off of Suzanne Brue's work. She has some really good points. The goal of my blog is to write different workout routines for each type, along with a diet that is optimized using Eric Braverman's book The Edge Effect.

It would be a HUGE help if you guys posted your workout routines, why you do what you do, what do you enjoy about it, etc. Talk about your workout routine basically.

I really appreciate the help ahead of time :)

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5
ok, my workoutroutine:

i´m doing 4 times a week fitness/ strentgh training with cardio training
2 x Karate training

Some Details:
Strentgh training routine: 3x a week, always 10-15 repetitions

Legs: Legcurl, legpress x2,
chest: benchpress, flyers x 3
back: chin ups 3x 6 repetions, and 3 different exercises for the lower, upper back and for the lat
Shoulder: shoulder press 3x
Arms: Trizeps/ Bizpes- Superset 3x
( I change work out routine every 2 months)

1x week
6x superset Chin ups / Push- ups

Cardio:
25running / bycicling, after that 20 min crosstrainer

(on Karate Training: I kind of suck in it because of my lack of interest, concentration and focus but whatever...)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It would be a HUGE help if you guys posted your workout routines, why you do what you do, what do you enjoy about it, etc. Talk about your workout routine basically.

I lift a can of coke every few minutes, then I pick up the heavy phone to order some pizza, then I walk to the elevator, go down, walk for aproximately one minute and get it. Then back up. There you have it. My nutrition and my execise all in one ;) They are, so to speak, in symbiose :blush:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1

i was kind of hoping for some reasons on why people worked out.

thanks though, that still helps :)

I lift a can of coke every few minutes, then I pick up the heavy phone to order some pizza, then I walk to the elevator, go down, walk for aproximately one minute and get it. Then back up. There you have it. My nutrition and my execise all in one They are, so to speak, in symbiose

lol nice

Lexlike

MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
4w5

well, I can give you some:
- after an exhausting day, sports "pushes" me someway to feel better
- I feel healthier
- I can eat more (haha)
- I basically want to say that training your body is nearly as important for me as training your mind.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Does wonders for your self esteem, and if your as avoident as I am it gives you a chance to get escape from your problems, even if just for a short while.

for me its purely a form of escapism so i understand ya there 100% though i do enjoy being healthy and fit/strong

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
From September to December:
Running 2x week, total 120 mins, various types of running (sometimes one session of running is substituted by a soccer match with some friends)
Weight lifting/Dancing 3x week; of those, one day I lift "heavy" weights - which means that I go for weekly progression - whereas the other two days I prefer a lighter approach not to burn out.

From December to February:
Running 1x week, 120 mins approximately
Weight lifting/Dancin 3x week, same as above

From March to August
Cycling 5x week, the amount of time and kms varies a lot in a quadratic way with the peak around mid june
Weight Lifting 1x week, exclusively to keep strenght

I find exercise absolutely essential for my well being, both emotional and physical. It also greatly improves my mental functioning, which is of course a nice plus. My fav kind is cycling, I used to be on track to become a pro cyclist but I haven't followed through due to the fact that we were pushed towards taking performance enhancing drugs.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
I used to be on track to become a pro cyclist but I haven't followed through due to the fact that we were pushed towards taking performance enhancing drugs.

good for you! :) props.

and thank you for your response

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ

My reasons aren't that sophisticated. I want to lose weight. For the brief period that I had worked at my last job, I lost 9 pounds. I want to keep losing, but without an active job, that requires that I park my butt on the treadmill and go. I use the caloric count to set the time that I exercise for, starting at 100 calories and working my way up each day.

Today, I did it for 140 calories. The trick for keeping up with it, though, is to build it into my routine. I have a three-hour requirement for my day, and the rest is gravy. I clean for an hour, work out/shower in an hour, and study for an hour. (These are all minimums, of course. Some days I clean more, other days I study more, etc.)

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hmm I think some people did mention that. Maybe not. Anyway to answer your question, I currently do soccer, volleyball and kung fu every week, and thinking about trying taekwondo as well in the fall. Oh and I intend to start playing squash once or twice a week again as well, if I have the time, even if I have to make time.

I do them because they're fun, because they force me to get out of the house and be social, and most of all for the health reasons - because I love food and hate "normal" exercise like working out so much that I have to do sports, just so I have some form of physical activity. And I feel better afterwards. I feel like crap if I haven't been active in a week.

Oh and I also walk/bike most everywhere in the summer/spring/fall, but that's cause I'm a cheap, broke student. If I had the money I'd probably get a car.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
Cycling
app. 45 min., 3 times / week

It makes me feel less guilty about health
I hope to lose weight, somewhat
It is a perfect moment of solitude, no one can reach me, I don't have to talk to anyone, I reliefs me from stress and gives me uninterrupted time to think or to stop thinking :)
I get lost everytime, finding my way back home is always a nice challenge/adventure...

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
I exercise to lose weight. I hear a lot of people say that exercising lifts bad moods and provides all kinds of mental health benefits, but I myself can't vouch for that. I don't exercise regularly, although that's something I've wanted to start doing for a long time.

When I do exercise, I run up and down the stairs while listening to music; either I plug the earbuds of my mp3 player into my ears, or I set up my stereo at the top of the steps. I don't like exercising without listening to some of my favorite songs.

littledarling

MBTI Type
INFJ
I love to run. Running for me is like my antidepressant. It helps clear my head. If I'm ever upset about something I just need to go for a run and I'll feel a million times better. I've tried other kinds of exercise...pilates, yoga, kickboxing, biking, etc. But nothing even compares to running for me. Nothing else gives you that endorphine high so easily. I run to stay in shape, but mostly I do it for the psychological benefits.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
there's lots of reason for regular physical activity (i wont say exercise... it's better to find a fun, physically intensive activity that you enjoy and can do on a regular basis)

for me, it's the mental and physical well-being, as well as staying in shape for other activities i like to do.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Honestly, I love exercise but I hate dieting. I eat a variety of foods, both healthy and otherwise, because any one sort of food bores me too quickly. I can't eat the same thing day in and out, or even week in and out! (Edit: Typos) I constantly mix-up fast food as home cooked food, and think up of dinners to cook on the fly since I don't really have a schedule for what I eat. (end edit) It's pretty much whatever my body craves, since I'm pretty in tune to what my body wants or needs.

Working out though! When I was in Iraq, it was mandatory to run every morning, and go to the gym at night. I realized that, with music, I love running and daydreaming off into the distance.. it's something you can forget about while you're doing it, which happens to also be an essential part of doing it thoroughly and correctly for me. The problem was it was considered unprofessional to run with Ipods in your ears, so it was banned from the base.

Weight lifting is SO boring to me. I would rather do floor exercises, dancing, swimming, watching Oprah, anything but weight lifting. I can handle a few arm exercises with them, but otherwise they induce a yawn from me faster than a lecture about sleeping patterns. I was frequently bouncing around and clowning about instead of following the circuit of weights.

I'm about to get my gym membership now that I'm back and not so lazy XD, there are a lot of classes to take and a swimming pool ontop of it there. I'm VERY environmental, so I can't work out in the backyard on a set, or run down my block. I take my dogs to the dog park to walk/run them, and I have to go to a gym of sorts to do anything like that.

I was in Kickboxing for about a year and a half in high school and I loved it, only stopped because when I got back from basic the gym had shut down due to the owner contracting cancer.

OH! and I drink a LOT of water! It's pretty much my favorite beverage aside fruit juices, smoothies, and tea. .... .....and rum..

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I've just recently gotten back into exercising, so I haven't got a well-established routine yet.

I'd estimate I get about 50-70 minutes 2x per week between walking/jogging/running, and sporadic use of an exercise ball for abdominal work and a tension strap for upper body work at home.

As for why I do it...it just makes me feel good. I work about 50% out of a cubicle and 50% standing at a copy machine every day, and while I sorta move around while I'm at the copy machine (much to the amusement of my coworkers), I don't feel like I'm really using my body, so I kinda feel bunched-up and tired by the end of the day. The excess movement makes a nice release of tension and energy, plus I like being physically tired at the end of a day. Plus, I'm trying to lose weight right now and it really helps (obviously).

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Mostly cardio for at least 25-30 min/day 5 days a week. People at the gym tell me I should get a job there..

Pilates/light weight circuit training for at least 20 min once (or twice) a week.

Sometimes I like to mix it up by walking/jogging at the beach.

I used to work out 1 1/2 hours a day 6 days a week. Got so skinny that I'm now trying to reduce the workout time/increase healthy fats/salts (avacado/salmon/some cheeze for Ca+). For whatever reason, I have EXTREMELY low-blood pressure. With exercise, it gets even lower (which isn't good).

My motto: enjoy whatever your taste buds feel like. Moderate. Don't excruciate. Just relax. Exercise shortly at least 5 days a week. The key thing is to go with the flow..our body will maintain itself just fine.