• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Running Forever

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
DID YOU THINK I WAS GOING TO GIVE UP? HELL NO.

Just finished my 4th run in a row. Half an hour a day everyday. Start small. Win big.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm a seasonal runner. I only really train with running in the summers. I hate running in the cold. So it's always a battle of building myself up again from the 1 to 1 1/2 mile area to 2 1/2 - 3 miles on a lucky day. To me nothing feels better than sweating and running in hot weather. Running in the cold feels like I'm just working to try and feel slightly warm, which never works 100%, I don't want to drink water after, sweat freezes after, etc. etc.

It used to be summer time: train every single day, eat light, lots of water, activities.
Winter time (which was only 3 months really): chill mode, train 2-3 times a week and in shorter amounts, eat a bit heavier food, lots of reading and studying.

But now? I live in an area that's cold more often than it is hot. (Well.. cold to me anyways.) so I'm trying to find the motivation to train differently. It is a serious challenge.

Yeah this is why we have a treadmill. I don't run, I walk. Briskly but still it's a walk. My husband runs outside until he absolutely can't (snow/ice) then he uses the treadmill. I never walk outside because of the issues with my back - doc says he doesn't want me to fall. So I up the incline and stay at a good pace for a couple miles most days of the week.