• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Irregular sleeping patterns.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
For this whole summer I've been staying up for 18-20 hours and sleeping for 10-12 hours, essentially living 28-32 hour days. As I look back on this sleeping style, I have to say I enjoy it. When I go to bed, I'm tired, I fall asleep fast, and when I get up, I'm completely ready to get out of bed. There's no bed-related angst! I'm not sure on any health issues related to this though.

If I keep this up, when people my age are 80, I'll be like 64. :smoke:

Does anyone else have weird sleeping patters? How do you feel about it?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah. I have had weird pattern since teenage. Biology is supposed to adjust the clock in my head but it doesnt seem to. If we start from the ideal condition, I would be in bed at ten or something like that, I wake up at seven. After this... the next day I wont feel sleepy until midnight and I'll wake up at nine. Ok, this goes on and I will have a situation where I go to sleep at morning and wake up at night. Then I skip one sleep and reset the clock.

I don't really like this pattern, but it's fine.. I know it would go pretty normal if I had a job that would absolutely require me to be awake at some time.

Chaotictheorist

MBTI Type
Wolf
I actually go to bed around 3 am and wake up at about 8 am. I don't really sleep well at all. Plus I don't need that many hours of sleep. I sometimes find myself wakeing up after just two to three hours and not being able to go back to sleep.

Didums

I went to bed at 3am yesterday (technically today) and woke up at 4pm, I need to change that, school starts next week lol.

Negative_

:shocking:

Dude, I have almost the exact same sleeping pattern. My 'days' (as in, from when I wake up to the next time I wake up) are around 28-34 hours. It's been like this for a while, sorta comes and goes. Makes it hard to function on most peoples schedule.

ygolo

My termites win
I have an incredibly similar natural sleeping pattern. I work a job that is basically 9 to 7, so I cannot keep to that pattern.

There was a nice resource describing this phenomenon on the web.. It has been a long time since I read it, so I don't know where it is.

This resource is OK however:
SleepChart: Formula for Healthy Sleep