• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite Sports for the Types?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I like every kind of sport that requires gross motor units involvment, dislike those that are centered upon fine motor unit involvment.

HomeSlice

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My favorite sports to play are probably tennis and soccer.
zomg!?! congruence of the typezs!!!
Owning people at these sports is soooo.... EXHILARATING.
Really boring to watch though, whats the point of watching sports when you can get up and actually experience it?? MADNESS!!! :eek:

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
ISTP- Ski, Bike/Mountain Bike, Swim, Hike, and Racquetball. I don't watch sports often at all.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
zomg!?! congruence of the typezs!!!
Owning people at these sports is soooo.... EXHILARATING.
Really boring to watch though, whats the point of watching sports when you can get up and actually experience it?? MADNESS!!! :eek:

When I was a kid, I would watch about a quarter or so of a game, basketball, football, baseball, whatever, and then I would get up and go in my bedroom (or outside) and start acting out my own game by myself. I would always get pissed because one of my brothers or my parents would take over the tv and I couldn't come back to the real game after I had worn myself out playing my version of it. It's called intervals, people! ;)

Nowadays rather than act out the game (although I still do occasionally), I usually get on the internet on a forum that is discussing that game or chatroom and focus on that more than the game and then go back to the game. Just sitting and watching a game straight through without taking breaks to do other related activities? Never done it. Ever. :D

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hockey, ACC basketball, most any Olympic sport. I just like to watch. :) I was a competitive swimmer years ago but no more.

Littlelostnf

MBTI Type
ENFJ
beach volleyball, snowboarding, roller skating (ok not a sport but I do enjoy it) basketball, soccer

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I heard somewhere (don't know how true it is) that eating celery requires more energy to eat and digest than the energy that comes out of it.

So the only exercise I really do is eat celery.

This statement combined with the avatar is very fitting. :)

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I enjoy watching sport (participating is an entirely different matter!). Favourites are the cricket, rugby union, swimming, polo, and athletics.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
adolescent years - baseball, football, tennis

as an adult - ice hockey, paintball, snowboarding

sports i plan to get into in the near future are rally racing and skydiving/BASE

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I love to watch NFL football.

I like to play hockey.

I want to pick up curling.

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
I like hiking through the woods, cycling, and I would have probably also enjoyed wrestling if it had been offered for little girls when I was in school. Unfortunately, it was only offered for boys. I would have loved to have writhed around with sweaty, muscular teenaged boys in skin-tight spandex when I was that age. It's not that I like the idea of competition, but being allowed to experience human contact in a socially acceptable way would have been nice. As it was at that time, I didn't even hug my best male friend until the day before he had to move, and when I did, I started shaking. I was touch-starved, and wrestling would have been the perfect outlet. I'd like to learn defensive martial arts, but I have never had the opportunity. Does anyone here have any recommendations about what kind would be most useful for self-protection without involving seriously damaging the other person?

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't enjoy spectator sports unless someone I know is playing.

In high school I played baskeball and was good at it but team sports are difficult for me. Distracting. And I confess to the INFP clumsiness.

I prefer one-on-one sports like billiards and ping pong. And solitary sports like hiking, motorcycling, swimming that I can do alone or with others. Don't know if you could call what I do with those three "sports" at all.

Don't like sports much at all actually - that win/lose stuff was never my focus. Keeping score is an aggravation. I'm all about, "Hey! Lookit! We're all having fun together."

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I have a history of karate, squash, badminton, chess and bridge. And now I do a lot of cycling.
Any correlation with type? They all fit my I side... that's all...

Fascinated by athletics, all kinds. Love the purity of it. No idea what it means :)

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Walking (probably hiking)
Solitary long distance running
Kayaking (haven't done it in ages, but on calm water)
Swimming
Weight training

I'd like to try climbing, I think I'd be good at that.

I don't really see them as sports. More hobbies. A kickabout with friends is always fun, too.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Soccer
and Frisbee if it counts... lol
Frisbee rocks haha. I went out with my little bro and a friend recently to a Target store parking lot, late in the evening and threw some frisbee. :nice: