• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favourite Sports for the Types?

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I know this sounds silly, but.. (ideally, if it could be popularized as a sport..) I'd choose:

1. Handball (I LOVE handball- slicees, splicees)
2. Tether ball
3. Nation Ball
4. Old school rollerskating (at the rink w/disco balls!)
... I know, they're all literally elementary.

Other than that:
5. Badminton
6. Indoor Rock Climbing
7. Boogie Boarding

Although I workout I'm not as athletic. #6 would be something I'd love to learn! #7? The water quality in my area's questionable (due to offshore drilling); it was a past-time favorite.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I know this sounds silly, but.. (ideally, if it could be popularized as a sport..) I'd choose:

1. Handball (I LOVE handball- slicees, splicees)
2. Tether ball
3. Nation Ball
4. Old school rollerskating (at the rink w/disco balls!)
... I know, they're all literally elementary.

Other than that:
5. Badminton
6. Indoor Rock Climbing
7. Boogie Boarding

Although I workout I'm not as athletic. #6 would be something I'd love to learn! #7? The water quality in my area's questionable (due to offshore drilling); it was a past-time favorite.

someone wishes they were back in high school gym class.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Great guess! ;P Actually, the first 4 were my favorites sports in elementary school.

yugyug

MBTI Type
I?TP
Many of my favorite sports were in high school gym class, too. ;) I liked floor hockey, field hockey, soccer and flag football the best. "Extracurricularly," I played golf.

Now, I enjoy individual sports/exercise best; I've read that's typical for introverts. I do aerobic dance and other dances, bicycling, dirtbiking (though I sold my bike when I moved), hiking, yoga and tai chi. If there was an adult soccer group around here, I'd consider joining. I think I'd enjoy racquetball, but need to find some other beginner to start with rather than bore a regular player while s/he waits for me to get to their skill level. I hope to try hang-gliding someday. I haven't gone golfing for a few years now, but do enjoy it. I'm pretty competitive in most games/sports now. Back in school, I held that back. Not sure why.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I enjoy certain positions in American football, which, on a professional team, would be called "special teams" or "safety". Being Quarterback was fun, too. I didn't like going out for passes I needed to catch and I hated being a Cornerback and having to prevent passes. There's no feeling like running down a field and faking out an entire team of people who are trying to knock you down. I loved watching Payton do his stutter step and was originally inspired by another Bear, Gale Sayers. Barry Sanders was great, too.

I'm not sure how to relate that to type. OK - here goes....These guys were fast enough and "big picture" enough that they could change intentions on a dime, when conditions warranted that, and even break the "J" rules sometimes, to winning effect, such as "don't ever run backwards". How's that ? :)

wolfy

awsm
Powerlifting.

I like it's autonomy. I also liked martial arts for the same reason.

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Dancing.

Does that count? I only excel at dancing. Poor me TT___TT

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I liked playing American football a lot in highschool when I actually got to play, bad grades kept me out. The Red Bull Air Races are probably my favorite sport to watch right now, amazing stuff.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Cross Country, and that's it..well I mean, I guess playing a few with friends is ok, but overall, I like to run!

Sinister Scribe

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
INTJ - former competitive swimmer, karate, I enjoy ice skating (whenever I can) and I walk almost everywhere. I really prefer solo sports.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i like watching the nfl. the strategic element is great. i'm not all that sporty though. eczema + being chubby as a kid really didn't help.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Lap swimming. Swim, swim, swim, WALL (turn), swim, swim, swim, WALL, turn, repeat.
lol typical (and i mean that in the absolute best way possible)

sprinting, biking, soccer, running-around-the-back-room-of-wegmans-like-a-chicken-with-its-head-cut-off, weight lifting...oodles of other stuff

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I am not surprised to see zero ENTP's here. If I had to play a sport it would be something lazy, like frisbee golf.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not particularly interested into sports right now, but there are a few I wouldn't mind learning a little better:

Bowling
Tennis
Pool
Poker

Other than those, I'm not really interested in sports.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
I'm currently rowing, though not very fanatical. I used to swim a lot.