• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Ideal body

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Funnily enough, Chris Pratt is playing you in.TypologyCentral the Movie...

I've never had an idea for my perfect body (I do not look after it enough, I've never not been fat), started doing some form an exercise regime though.

Really?! I hadn't heard that one. Yea I used to do Mma several years ago, but it's looking like I'm gonna need to start lifting again. Those pics of me are from the old Mma days. I'm 6'2" and I got down to abt 192lbs at my lowest, which is less than I weighed when I graduated high school. I think that's a little thinner than I want to be anymore. I'm pushing 250 now, my sleep apnea kicked in over the last year and I gained 30lbs in like 8months before I got my Cpap machine. I probably need to lose abt 40lbs to 50lbs, then I want to gain back 20-30. I'd like to be 225-230 with some good definition.

Pratt actually got up to 300lbs for a role before he slimmed for Guardians.

873094-ecbcb5d0-57f2-11e3-8753-b885d06300c5.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I'm glad you started this thread on gyms etc. I randomly walked in a gym yesterday on a whim and found myself with a membership ._. and now I'm kind of stuck in the air of what to do with it. They have pole dancing classes they wanted me to take but I had to politely refuse. Alas, a sense of personal integral respectability repels pole dancing for me. I'll stick with some of the other gym classes.

As long as you start doing something and stick to it to make it a habit, its all good.

Congrats on taking the first step though.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I was told if I lost my fat I would have this body right now. I am currently 5'9" @ 205lbs in size 34 pants and XL shirts.

This is probably my ideal as it's not crazy to maintain this amount of body fat and looks nice. I do have more lats though so would have more of a taper

That kinda definition, especially on Jackman, would take a lot of self control and eating right. More power to you if you could get there. That's probably more definition than I could manage. Eating clean is most of what makes you look good, obviously lifting will build mass, but to cut the lbs its all about diet. Unless you are doing some crazy intense cross training stuff that would allow you to eat less clean and still look good.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like my body. I'm slightly overweight, but if I get too thin I will just look lanky like Napoleon Dynamite or Michael Cera, so fuck that.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am currently at 85Kgs but with a 34inch waist.

I would like it to be at 28 inches waist with the same weight. Which means losing around by 10% and gaining a lot of muscles. I know it's freaking hard, which is why it's my ideal.

However, something like 85Kgs, 10% body fat with a 32 inch waist sounds more achievable.

I DON'T do a lot of lat exercises. I only do upper lats.

Lats are ugly.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lats are beautiful

If you have chest shoulders triceps and legs to go with it Yes. But if those aren't as impressive, your lats are going to make you look odd.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^

Actually lats put you off balance. Have you noticed lats tend to develop faster than other muscle groups proportionately?

It's best to develop all what I've mentioned and then work on lats. Lats should come last though. That's for sure.

wolfy

awsm
^

Actually lats put you off balance. Have you noticed lats tend to develop faster than other muscle groups proportionately?

It's best to develop all what I've mentioned and then work on lats. Lats should come last though. That's for sure.

No.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Similar to [MENTION=9486]gromit[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]: I like my body as it is now, though it isn't perfect.

Similar to [MENTION=5076]nonsequitur[/MENTION]: My ideal body is more of an ideal set of strengths and skills -- and muscle to show for it. Current goals are 1) running a 10k, 2) hitting an 8-minute mile, 3) getting to actually be good at yoga, and 4) 10-15 real push-ups!

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like my body as it is now, though it isn't perfect.
:wink: It IS perfect (I say that from a biology perspective, our bodies are all frikkin' miracles). We're just not at our goal yet. And goals change with time, and age.

Hooray for girls with muscles! :happy2:

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where the hell did my post go? Anyway.

Exactly as it is, though I could stand to part with 10lb or so.

That tends to happen naturally for me. I'm relishing in that now, because that won't happen when I get old.

I'd also like to be a bit taller, but that's not happening. Drinking lots of milk to grow big and strong stopped working when I was, like, 5.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where the hell did my post go? Anyway.

Exactly as it is, though I could stand to part with 10lb or so.

That tends to happen naturally for me. I'm relishing in that now, because that won't happen when I get old.

I'd also like to be a bit taller, but that's not happening. Drinking lots of milk to grow big and strong stopped working when I was, like, 5.

Yeah, if I could change anything about my appearance, it would be my height. Unfortunately, exercise can't fix that, so I have to live with it.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Long live the elliptical, [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]. And sleep apnea is a pain, been on my machine 3 years now.

The first homework I was given by my therapist three months ago was 3 days a week of exercise. I usually hit 6.

I hit the gym half the days, elliptical the rest. Starting to define nicely.

At 6'5" with a muscular build, I can't really go below 250, but it would be nice to be there. At 265 people said I looked unhealthy, so who knows. Crazy how everyone thought I was ill.

Still need to address the diet. Did no carbs last year for a bit and dropped 20 lbs in a month with no exercise. Need to go back that.

Of course, some of it is dropping due to learning to better protect myself emotionally. I recently read that highly sensitive folks like me tend to gain weight unconsciously to minimize the emotional impact.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want something along the lines of this: