• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How often do you floss?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
your teeth, that is.

Me... not hardly as much as I should. I really value good teeth so I need to start flossing more!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hardly ever. Although if there is a floss container around, then I'll probably floss.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think with teeth, the damage that occurs happens slowly so you don't notice until it's too late. You have to take care of your teeth. That way when you get old, they don't fall out. I like having teeth. lol

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My husband and I floss in tandem. It's a good activity for oldsters to practice and provides us with many a pleasurable evening of togetherness. Also keeps those index fingers flexible.

We have floss in the kitchen cupboards, floss in the glove box of the car, floss in our motorcycle saddlebags (ever floss with Hell's Angels watchin'? It's a trip.), floss in my handbag, floss on the bedstand, floss in the bathroom, (floss hidden in the livingroom), everywhere. At any given moment we may abandon ourselves to glorious flossing together.

We even have a flossing joke together to really spice up a Saturday night at home. We borrowed it from an old "Doonesbury" cartoon. A talk show host is interviewing one of the radicals from the turbulent sixties. He asks "What are the folks from your generation doing these days?" The answer? "Oh, mostly brushing and flossing."

Seriously. Have you seen what dentists are charging these days? I had major dental repair done a couple of years ago and my son paid less for a used pickup truck at the same time!

(Incidently for a small price we can sell you a discounted, adult video of what goes on at night in our house.) Hee. Gotta pay for all that floss.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Usually daily and I have never had a cavity!

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Maybe this is fodder for a new thread but it just occured to me that someone could make a fortune designing a CD entitled "Music to Floss By." Retro, you know. . . :cheese:

Snail

MBTI Type
INFP
I use a Waterpik instead of flossing because it seems to do a better job and also massages my gums.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once a day, in the morning, after brushing. Most of the time I brush in the evening, sometimes I slack off and forget (or am simply too tired to bother) :doh:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every night.

For awhile I did it after every meal (sometimes using the picks instead of string floss), but that was actually too often.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Every night.

I wasn't as consistent as I should've been, for a couple yrs. That was more due to unrelated chronic joint pain sapping my energy, so usually by bedtime, I just did the bare minimum (brushing teeth) & collapsed into bed. But I'm very consistent, now. Feels gross not to be.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Every night.

I wasn't as consistent as I should've been, for a couple yrs. That was more due to unrelated chronic joint pain sapping my energy, so usually by bedtime, I just did the bare minimum (brushing teeth) & collapsed into bed. But I'm very consistent, now. Feels gross not to be.

Same. My mouth is like a operating room when I get into bed. Water floss, brush, tongue scraper, Listerine Total Care...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same. My mouth is like a operating room when I get into bed. Water floss, brush, tongue scraper, Listerine Total Care...

I brush my tongue with my Sonicare brush, but yeah, same with everything else...

It's kind of relaxing to have an oral hygiene & skincare regimen at bedtime. Gets my brain ready for sleep.

I even brush my cat's teeth every night.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Never. I just went to the dentist and they said I had gingivitis with some 4mm gum stuff going on. Mostly 2s and 3s they said but some 4s. I didnt know wtf they were saying but apparently the mm stuff relates to the severity of gum disease. They said at this point it should be mostly reversible with flossing but that it... wasnt good.

I also have 5 cavities but thats not related to gum stuff, thats teeth stuff and I was expecting it to be worse since I havent been to the dentist in 3 years and my brother had 16 cavities in the same situation

The dentist lady flossed them and picked them pretty hard for me and there was blood everywhere. Like the pick thing was covered in blood and it was dripping down my bib thing.

So yeah. I need to floss.

Gingivitis moving into periodontis isnt good. My dad has periodontitis and it doesnt seem fun

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never. I just went to the dentist and they said I had gingivitis with some 4mm gum stuff going on. Mostly 2s and 3s they said but some 4s. I didnt know wtf they were saying but apparently the mm stuff relates to the severity of gum disease. They said at this point it should be mostly reversible with flossing but that it... wasnt good.

I also have 5 cavities but thats not related to gum stuff, thats teeth stuff and I was expecting it to be worse since I havent been to the dentist in 3 years and my brother had 16 cavities in the same situation

The dentist lady flossed them and picked them pretty hard for me and there was blood everywhere. Like the pick thing was covered in blood and it was dripping down my bib thing.

So yeah. I need to floss.

Gingivitis moving into periodontis isnt good. My dad has periodontitis and it doesnt seem fun

Other things can be a factor. Hormones, especially, and possibly your stress level.