• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In the name of God how do I fix my arms?!?!

Lark

This is the second day of real muscle pain in my arms, I've not pulled any muscles or causes a dislocation or anything like that, they are just roaring with pain.

I know the whole no pain and no gain business but are there any stretching exercises before or after doing reps with dumbbells which I'm missing out or does this just go with the territory until you develop more muscle tone?

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is the second day of real muscle pain in my arms, I've not pulled any muscles or causes a dislocation or anything like that, they are just roaring with pain.

I know the whole no pain and no gain business but are there any stretching exercises before or after doing reps with dumbbells which I'm missing out or does this just go with the territory until you develop more muscle tone?

It goes with the territory until your body gets used to using those muscle groups on a frequent basis unfortunately, the second day is commonly more painful than the first after working out. The best thing to do to heal your arms and reduce the pain is actually to increase blood flow to them, either via light stretches and exercises or via applying cold, cold showers usually work best for me, they have a variety of other benefits as well that are worth looking into. Stretching before and after can be helpful as well, but the important thing is to not just go nuts one day and then doing nothing the subsequent days as this is a sure way to minimize your gains and maximize your pain. :shrug:

Edit: Oh yeah, protein. Right after working out or else you'll feel it bigtime. There are great shakes you can make to help with this.

Chrysanthea

If you prefer more natural remedies, try Turmeric. You can look up the wonderful benefits for yourself. ^_^

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
If you haven't lifted in a while it's normal*.

Just wait. Stretch if you want but it doesn't do any good, your muscles are literally destroyed. Go a little easier next time.

gromit

likes this
It is called delayed-onset muscle soreness (DOMS), and it occurs when you overload your muscles. Overload = performing a higher intensity or duration of an activity than the muscles are accustomed to.

It should go away within a few days, but in the meantime, you want to increase blood flow and decrease inflammation.

Xann makes some good suggestions. I would also add that light active movements using those same muscle groups (as well as overall cardio exercise) will also promote healing.

I have also heard of turmeric's anti-inflammatory properties, but haven't ready any scientific evidence about it in regards to muscle performance, but it could be worth a shot!

-Student Physical Therapist

wolfy

awsm
You should stretch. It is also good to train again, lightly. Like the hair of the dog, only with weights and not liquor.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
You'll get used to it. You should do some line, non-aggressive stretching just to keep fresh.

As a side note, I love that feeling. Nothing feels better than being made immobile by DOMS.

wolfy

awsm
You'll get used to it. You should do some line, non-aggressive stretching just to keep fresh.

As a side note, I love that feeling. Nothing feels better than being made immobile by DOMS.

lol, in the arms, I especially like the triceps. Like a rock has been surgically implanted.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
lol, in the arms, I especially like the triceps. Like a rock has been surgically implanted.

Aww yisss

b4e7fb9ec55eea282e7454281bbcb00f.png