• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you take things up only to drop them again?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to do this with sports all the time, until I found Krav Maga and Kickboxing. I have no urge to drop either and they give me a good workout, so I don't think I'll ever give up. I'm determined to get a black belt in KM now.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
All the time. I usually start something, am super engaged and interested in it to the point of obsession, then randomly one day I'll wake up and have no interest in doing it anymore. Then, sometimes, just as randomly as I decided to stop I just pick it back up again, rinse and repeat. I don't even feel bad about not completing it, really. I'm always in search of that new thing, activity, or idea to get excited about -- I get pretty depressed when I don't have that.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m pretty single-minded with my interests/passions. In that, once I commit to them, I don’t lose interest or drop the commitment. Only thing that has messed with my momentum or continuity has been medical issues, but I try to maintain a routine & contact with my interests in spite of that. I feel better knowing I have those to reach for.