• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quick Muscles

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Hypothetical question: Let's say there's a certain layday who wants some oranges (OK, lemons) sitting on her humeri. BUT, she only has two weeks to get them (which has nothing to do with a short attention span... nothing at all). What's the quickest way to pump it up? Exercises? Foods?

please spare me the "babes with bulging bicepts aren't hot" scheiße...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well your gains will be minimal in two weeks. And if you don't taper off before you "need" to be strong, you could easily be weaker than you are now.

For max build find what you can do 10 reps of and not 11, then do three sets to failure three times a week. And eat lots of meat and veggies.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
And you're female?

Eggs. Lots and lots of eggs.

Some kind of disgusting cake batter supplement mix with 'whey' or 'accelerator' in the title wouldn't hurt either.

For a second when I read your title, I thought you meant 'fast twitch muscles' but now I get it.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hypothetical question: Let's say there's a certain layday who wants some oranges (OK, lemons) sitting on her humeri. BUT, she only has two weeks to get them (which has nothing to do with a short attention span... nothing at all). What's the quickest way to pump it up? Exercises? Foods?

please spare me the "babes with bulging bicepts aren't hot" scheiße...

Is that even possible? I mean while I was in rehab, I was at the gym every day except Sunday for an hour a day, eating almost no carbs (lots of veggies, fruit and protein) and working out in various different activities, etc. for muscle building for a month and I did not have lemons - I mean, I had improved dramatically, but no oranges or lemons.

Not trying to demotivate you!!! Just want to say you might want to calculate a bit more time. Is that possible?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It depends why you don't already have muscles. If you want to be ripped you need underlying muscle AND you need to shed some of that fat that hides those muscles. To shed fat, you need to burn up more calories than you take in, which means a) cardio/exercise b) eat lower calorie foods. A good way to do that without totally going nuts is to eat high fiber foods and cut out sugars, juice, soda, and white bread. For cardio/exercise, running or cycling (depending on your knees) for about 20-25 minutes at a time will work well.

Muscle-wise, you need to lift. That's about it. If your goal is fat-shedding, then you can ramp up the reps and use low-medium weight. If your pretty slim to begin with, then just go medium-high weight. Focusing on major muscle groups is a good way to kick-start your metabolism, which means you'll be burning more calories while rest, which means shedding excess fat. Select a weight that allows you to do 8-10 reps; if you're able to do 12 or more reps, increase the weight. For 4 sets and make the first set a bit lighter to allow your muscles to stretch.

SO, if you're slim, lift 2 days in a row, then take one day off for the next 2 weeks. If you've got some fat to shed, alternate running and lifting and take a day off every 4 days (if you can). Make sure to tweak your diet a bit. After you run, focus on proteins and go easy on carbs (fruits and veggies are fine). After you lift, eat a decent amount of sugar or white-bread (high-glycemic carbs) and a decent amount of protein (15-20 grams). The most important thing, I think, is to stay supportive of yourself and not to go so crazy that you begin to dislike your body. Looking at it like a game you're playing might be a good idea that prevents you from taking things too seriously. :)

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
It depends why you don't already have muscles. If you want to be ripped you need underlying muscle AND you need to shed some of that fat that hides those muscles. To shed fat, you need to burn up more calories than you take in, which means a) cardio/exercise b) eat lower calorie foods. A good way to do that without totally going nuts is to eat high fiber foods and cut out sugars, juice, soda, and white bread. For cardio/exercise, running or cycling (depending on your knees) for about 20-25 minutes at a time will work well.

Muscle-wise, you need to lift. That's about it. If your goal is fat-shedding, then you can ramp up the reps and use low-medium weight. If your pretty slim to begin with, then just go medium-high weight. Focusing on major muscle groups is a good way to kick-start your metabolism, which means you'll be burning more calories while rest, which means shedding excess fat. Select a weight that allows you to do 8-10 reps; if you're able to do 12 or more reps, increase the weight. For 4 sets and make the first set a bit lighter to allow your muscles to stretch.

SO, if you're slim, lift 2 days in a row, then take one day off for the next 2 weeks. If you've got some fat to shed, alternate running and lifting and take a day off every 4 days (if you can). Make sure to tweak your diet a bit. After you run, focus on proteins and go easy on carbs (fruits and veggies are fine). After you lift, eat a decent amount of sugar or white-bread (high-glycemic carbs) and a decent amount of protein (15-20 grams). The most important thing, I think, is to stay supportive of yourself and not to go so crazy that you begin to dislike your body. Looking at it like a game you're playing might be a good idea that prevents you from taking things too seriously. :)

Ha. Haha. No... this isn't a lose weight thing (actually, I've lost a bit and would like to gain it back... my bubbly butt is an endangered specie). It's definitely not a body image thing. No, it's far weirder than that. I... have a muscle fetish. I like to squeeze 'em, but have no ones' to feel up! So, I'd like to get some myself. Then I can touch 'em all I want. :blushing:

All these tips are mighty helpful. I added the 2-week thing just to make sure the exercises were for maximum efficiency. Yes, I'll have my guns yet! :2ar15: