• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Wrestling Is The Most Masculine Sport

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Full Article: Why Wrestling Is The Most Masculine Sport
by Tyrone Kingston

Muscular-Wrestler-667x445.jpg

I moved to Vermont in the middle of my seventh grade year from New Jersey. Up until that point I had been hanging out with gangbanger and drug dealers from Newark. For anyone who doesn’t know that part of the US, I’ll summarize: it isn’t very nice. You could walk down the street and have someone mug you and take your shoes. Although I learned a lot of good things in New Jersey such as resourcefulness, it left me with a permanent watchfulness and sense of aggression.

As middle school progressed into high school I moved on from being the shy new kid who looked a little hood, to being a kid well liked by his grade. However, I wasn’t doing any sports and had no outlet to vent out my pre-teenage frustrations. That is what lead me to the wrestling team.

In my school, the wrestlers were the most badass group of kids in the school. They worked hard daily, they were respected yet feared at the same time, and they were well liked by the teachers and faculty. I wanted to be one of those people, so I joined the team.

At the time I could not predict what was going to occur over those next few weeks. The first day the coach told me that I had to cut thirty pounds if I wanted to start on the team. Since I was an overweight 190-pound freshman I figured I should take his word for it and lose the weight.

The next few weeks were agony. I sprinted down the hallways morning and night until I puked. The coaches would have me and all of the other fat kids run outside in the snow and flip tires until our fingers froze. We would work out in the 105-degree wrestling room conditioning until half of the team quit. Somehow, I endured the training and I began to understand what kind of dedication this sport was going to take. The coaches had weeded out the weak and made a small group of elite warriors.

Last edited:

á´…eparted

passages
Don't really care, I'd definitely call it quite masculine. The term itself doesn't really mean much to me and the semantics arguments of what is masculine and feminine is very tired, and I pay little attention to it. That, and I don't find wrestling very interesting.

However, I find most wrestlers to be very, very attractive :wubbie: *swoon*. The sport definitely attracts a lot of guys who fall into the physical category if what is my type. It's sort of unfortunate that I find it not very entertaining to watch. Though it's nice to oggle at the gratuitous eye candy. That said, I feel bad/guilty for watching (and would never do so in person) as I feel it is wrong for me to sexualize something that isn't.