• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why butter and eggs won't kill us after all

Xann

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why butter and eggs won't kill us after all: Flawed science triggers U-turn on cholesterol fears

For decades they have been blacklisted as foods to avoid, the cause of deadly thickening of the arteries, heart disease and strokes.

But the science which warned us off eating eggs – along with other high-cholesterol foods such as butter, shellfish, bacon and liver – could have been flawed, a key report in the US has found.

Foods high in cholesterol have been branded a danger to human health since the 1970s – a warning that has long divided the medical establishment.....

See Full Article Here

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeaahh!

*proceeds to eat a million pounds of poached eggs on buttered toast*

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ah, the trusty Daily Mail. Next week, "Butter and eggs causes cancer".

dog

MBTI Type
infp
its just a basic endocrinological fact: most (if not all hormones) love good fat. (i think the hormones use the fat molecules as some sorta delivery system thru out the whole body - even breaking the blood brain barrier)......but the pharmeceudical companies dont make money off people who are endocrinologically fit. so the studies aren't in your face.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was training for state wrestling finals coach made me drink eggs raw like some shit out of rocky

dog

MBTI Type
infp
When I was training for state wrestling finals coach made me drink eggs raw like some shit out of rocky

and rocky's STILL kickin it!!! (damn those eggs were gross. what was your record in one chug?)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to make raw egg smoothies but my wife is so appalled....

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Raw eggs, hot rice, salt and stir it up and enjoy.