• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most athletic and least athletic MBTI Types

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zero correlation. I could list about ten people that I meet in everyday life that defy MBTI stereotypes about athleticism.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
And this is the exact kind of stereotype that confused me all these years. Se has nothing to do hand-eye coordination, hand eye coordination and reflexes have more to do with with nervous system and physique, not your cognitive functions. All functions are are personality traits. Se is a function that constantly needs to be on the move doing practical things and seeking new physical sensations. This does not mean that he who wants to go skydiving is automatically Se, unless he specifically mentions that he wants to see what it feels like instead of talking about what it might be like and wanting to test out that imagined pleasure in reality. The main difference between Se and Ne is that Ne searches for new possibilities and opportunities, Se looks for new sensations and experiences. The easiest way to determine which one you are if you are ExxP is to know that Ne users are interested in ideas and what isn't real as well as present opportunities. Senors will be strictly pragmatic and won't care about ideas or creativity unless there is some sort of immediate use for it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't speak for others, But as an INTJ I'm far more athletic than most athletes. Ni take over can lead to some really intense coordination.

I agree with this. A lot of specialized INTJs that end up in extreme sports.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Free Running, Ballet, and Wake Boarding tight here.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And this is the exact kind of stereotype that confused me all these years. Se has nothing to do hand-eye coordination, hand eye coordination and reflexes have more to do with with nervous system and physique, not your cognitive functions. All functions are are personality traits. Se is a function that constantly needs to be on the move doing practical things and seeking new physical sensations. This does not mean that he who wants to go skydiving is automatically Se, unless he specifically mentions that he wants to see what it feels like instead of talking about what it might be like and wanting to test out that imagined pleasure in reality. The main difference between Se and Ne is that Ne searches for new possibilities and opportunities, Se looks for new sensations and experiences. The easiest way to determine which one you are if you are ExxP is to know that Ne users are interested in ideas and what isn't real as well as present opportunities. Senors will be strictly pragmatic and won't care about ideas or creativity unless there is some sort of immediate use for it.

This is somewhat true, and some what false. Intuition has alot to to with pattern recognition. Being coordinated is all about making your body find that rhythm. In the case the mind has to be perceived as the engine, and the body is no more than just a tool or hardware... When you catch a baseball you don't think about how to catch the ball... You watch it, and your glove naturally goes to the ball. This is because that part of your brain is automatically calculating the arrival time and destination of that ball, and your body can be naturally placed to intercept at that point. It's all a pattern. This idea also applies to driving a car.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It would seem that Se is the function that would assist the most in sensory awareness in real time needed for sports. I would say that Ni is the function least suited for spontaneous physical interaction with the concrete world.

I can't speak for others, But as an INTJ I'm far more athletic than most athletes. Ni take over can lead to some really intense coordination.
My first inclination is to think the opposite, but as a musician, I do a kind of micro-athletics. I still think that my Si-dom counterparts are more precise in the details of execution. I'm not sure what role Ni plays in expressing concretely its abstract concepts. I think it is what devices the internal system of meaning and interrelationships, which makes it of limited use when interacting with others. Ni is useful for individualized strategy, but would be problematic with concrete interaction in real time. I would suggest that skill in interactive sports would be relying on whatever Se a Ni-dom possesses. Ni can express individually into the concrete realm, but inferior Se limits the amount of awareness a person can have with what is going on around them.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well the beauty of it all, is that the Intuitive is 5 steps ahead. They are focused on real time, and I'm already down the field. Really people look at this concept all wrong. INTJs have this unique knack for seeing things before they happen. INTJs and ENTJs are known as trail blayzers. Both types can have really extreme tunnel vision... The "now" really doesn't matter... We've already been there and beyond it the second we have seen the opportunity. The advanced planning happens almost simultaneously. We try to see what's going to happen before it happens as a means to strike into the future. The INTJ has such a weak Se, because our strategy doesn't require it.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is why INTJs and ENTJs are so used to people not being able to keep up.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Generalization of types most LIKELY to enjoy sports, and which I would guess would be more likely to enjoy what

ESTP: Team contact sports (football)
ISTP: More individual contact sports (wrestling)
ESTJ: Consistant aerobic training (running)
ESFP: Expressive individual focused fast paced sports (Dancing)
ESFJ: Heavily team focused sports (cheerleading)
ISFP: Individual team sports (baseball)
ENFP: whatever sport grabs attention, generally mixture of team and individual. (uhhhh... Volleball- kind of a difficult one could be anything)
ENTP: Similar to ENFP, maybe showier slightly more individual (school mascot?)
ISTJ: consistant individual aerobic training (swimming)
INTJ: individually paced mentally and physically stimulating sport (Golf)
ENTJ: Team sport with heavy emphasis on individual performance (basketball?)

Too much work to do the rest... Maybe later. Turned into what sprt is what MBTI type of thing anyways. Sterotypical as all hell. I personally could never do any sport, hated them but was always forced into them. Today I pretty much avoid any and all physical activity. Don't much see the point, I am healthy enough and There are so many ways to die that it seems the output of energy needed would not be worth the possible lessening of causes of death. Cannot prepare for everything so why try to prepare for one thing. I could die tomorrow, why be miseable today. I suppose it is all about mitigation and ignorance, trying to fight the biological tide if anything. A mass delusion that the more control you have over yourself and the world, the less control it has on you. Anyways, I would suppose that types with any amount of Se would be more likely to enjoy them, higher order hight likeliness. High order Si might enjoy them less but be more likely to stick to routine schedule for them and gain enough skill in order to become satisfied with their progression in them, higher order more likeliness.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'll play this game. :)

Least athletic ime: INFPs
Most: ESxx

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I probably should have Brought this up on the Health and fitness section, but For INTJ's that struggle with their Se. I found that a strong cardio is your best friend. This is a warm season, So jump in the pool, go kiaking, ride a bike. Even simply taking a walk everyday will help tremendously.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
According to one meta-analysis, the Big Five traits of extroversion and conscientiousness (roughly MBTI E and J) are positively correlated with physical activity. Neuroticism (no MBTI correlation) is negatively correlated.

Note that this study was looking at physical activity, not necessarily skill or aptitude.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To some degree this question is in connection with the "What motivates people?" question, and motivators can change a lot as time passes. I had shorter-longer periods in my life when I didn't really care about physical activity. However, even when looks, physical activity and health aren't in your focus, good habits (eating, walking to work instead of driving) can help you staying in good shape.

People who genuinely find health and/or good looks to be a valuable thing will always make the necessary steps from time to time to keep their body fit.

P

PhoenixFeather

Maybe it's not type related.

I've historically been more agile when facing a physical challenge alone than when others are watching, but still better alone with spectators than on a team, which was miserable. But getting more confident with age.

What being in sync with the environment means to me is a lot more broad, simply getting a sense of what to do when face-to-face with a task that you can't get in the abstract. Any situation where you might say, "I'll know how to handle it once I jump in."
I agree that being in sync with the environment doesn’t necessarily mean you are better at sport. For me, it just means that you are more aware of the world around you, living in the present, being open-minded, enjoying practical and physical experiences but not necessary excelling at them?
I mean, I am an INFJ and Se is my lovely inferior function here haha. Then again, I lack athletic ability, strength and stamina lol. Have an amazing day everyone!