• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nicotine withdrawal kicking my a*s

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Has been 48 hours since my last "fix". On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being extreme 1 being unnoticeable), this is how badly the following symptoms are plaguing me:

Depression- 7
Anxiety- 10
Constipation- 8
Random, short lived positive mood changes- 10
Random, short lived negative mood changes- 10
Nausea- 7
Fatigue- 9
Restlessness- 8
Tobacco cravings- 5 (will almost certainly increase with time as physical symptoms lessen)
Cannabis cravings- 11...million.
Chest pain- 7
Depersonalization- 9
Bizarre and/ or unusually vivid and/ or nightmarish dreams- 10
Headache- 1 (thank god)
Irritability- 8
Diminished concentration/ perceived or legitimate cognitive impairment- 9

Overall averaged suffering- 687, 618 out of 10. That's exceptionally bad.

No particular reason for this post other than to bitch and ask for readers to wish me luck in my journey to permanent abstinence from this imprisoning habit!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Good luck!!! Hang in there, you can do it! It just takes time. Seemingly long, irritating, aggravating amount of time, but still, time. :)

gromit

likes this
OOOF wish I had some perspective to offer you, but all I can give is support. Hang in there!

baccheion

Has been 48 hours since my last "fix". On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being extreme 1 being unnoticeable), this is how badly the following symptoms are plaguing me:

Depression- 7
Anxiety- 10
Constipation- 8
Random, short lived positive mood changes- 10
Random, short lived negative mood changes- 10
Nausea- 7
Fatigue- 9
Restlessness- 8
Tobacco cravings- 5 (will almost certainly increase with time as physical symptoms lessen)
Cannabis cravings- 11...million.
Chest pain- 7
Depersonalization- 9
Bizarre and/ or unusually vivid and/ or nightmarish dreams- 10
Headache- 1 (thank god)
Irritability- 8
Diminished concentration/ perceived or legitimate cognitive impairment- 9

Overall averaged suffering- 687, 618 out of 10. That's exceptionally bad.

No particular reason for this post other than to bitch and ask for readers to wish me luck in my journey to permanent abstinence from this imprisoning habit!

Piracetam.

baccheion

No pills! I don't want my brain turning into scrambled eggs!

Piracetam is a nootropic (cognition enhancer). It enhances creativity, vision, appreciation of music, oxygen usage, and verbal fluency in addition to helping reduce nicotine cravings. Or it does nothing. It may give you a headache if you take it without choline (eggs), or make you irritable (then you'd need L-Glutamic Acid), but there are usually no problems.

Also, there are some suggestions here: Nootropics for Smokers trying to quit? : Nootropics

Jet Stream

Permabanned
MBTI Type
istp
Enneagram
gvf
Piracetam is a nootropic (cognition enhancer). It enhances creativity, vision, appreciation of music, oxygen usage, and verbal fluency in addition to helping reduce nicotine cravings. Or it does nothing. It may give you a headache if you take it without choline (eggs), or make you irritable (then you'd need L-Glutamic Acid), but there are usually no problems.

Also, there are some suggestions here: Nootropics for Smokers trying to quit? : Nootropics

"Nootropic" is nothing more than a glamorous synonym for "lobotomy" as far as I'm concerned.