• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird Food Intolerances

Cygnus

I was tested by scientists as a young child and they confirmed that I have some sort of nutritional intolerance to Casein (a milk protein). I took a blood test.

Every psych I saw at that time said it was highly probable that I was an autist and that I matched many of the traits of what was then called Asperger's Syndrome.
Food intolerances and autism have been allegedly linked by fringe theorists and homeopaths, which means it's probably garbage, except my results came from a fucking lab test.

Years later I've done some personal testing and discovered that every time I eat any milk, I go completely batshit in my mind and start storing up all this anger that's otherwise completely inexplicable by any apparent cause in my environment. And about 24 hours after I consumed said Casein-containing product, the effect wears off and I'm normal and unflappably optimistic again. Could this really be caused by some outlandish food intolerance?

Is this bullshit?

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
I was tested by scientists as a young child and they confirmed that I have some sort of nutritional intolerance to Casein (a milk protein). I took a blood test.

Every psych I saw at that time said it was highly probable that I was an autist and that I matched many of the traits of what was then called Asperger's Syndrome.
Food intolerances and autism have been allegedly linked by fringe theorists and homeopaths, which means it's probably garbage, except my results came from a fucking lab test.

Years later I've done some personal testing and discovered that every time I eat any milk, I go completely batshit in my mind and start storing up all this anger that's otherwise completely inexplicable by any apparent cause in my environment. And about 24 hours after I consumed said Casein-containing product, the effect wears off and I'm normal and unflappably optimistic again. Could this really be caused by some outlandish food intolerance?

Is this bullshit?

Actually, it's not. Have you heard of GMOS? They alter your brain and body and are KNOWN to cause cancer. It's still legal in the US, and 70% of all foods are GMO. Chances are. It's the GMOS. I may not be correct, but just putting that out there.

Cygnus

Actually, it's not. Have you heard of GMOS? They alter your brain and body and are KNOWN to cause cancer. It's still legal in the US, and 70% of all foods are GMO. Chances are. It's the GMOS. I may not be correct, but just putting that out there.

No, that's not it. The blood test confirmed that I have an intolerance to the milk protein Casein. As in, a lab-performed, scientific medical test by qualified professionals.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't see why not, and i say if casein is the culprit just avoid it.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
No, that's not it. The blood test confirmed that I have an intolerance to the milk protein Casein. As in, a lab-performed, scientific medical test by qualified professionals.

Woah that's actually kinda badass. It's like you're in a sci-fi movie.

Cygnus

Woah that's actually kinda badass. It's like you're in a sci-fi movie.
It's nothing major, it's just that I exhibited all these weird aspergery behavior patterns and nothing could explain it. My parents were run-amok trying to find a solution and we went to a simple medical testing center.

Kinda annoying, I can't just say "I'm lactose intolerant" because it's not Lactose at all, it's Casein, and the intolerance is so specific, rare, and undocumented that no one else ever reports the symptoms I had. So you either have to explain to every dumb stranger you meet that you just "can't eat milk," or you do eat milk to be socially acceptable, and then you descend into your own mental hell for 24 hours.

As an added bonus, you have to get dumped in with the health freaks who praise the Sun and do spirit dances for the Dirt Gods and other bullshit I don't believe in, stuff that wasn't confirmed by a professional medical blood test. Yay for social popularity.

I don't see why not, and i say if casein is the culprit just avoid it.
I'll commit to it.

Mychemicalkilljoy

MBTI Type
NOPE
It's nothing major, it's just that I exhibited all these weird aspergery behavior patterns and nothing could explain it. My parents were run-amok trying to find a solution and we went to a simple medical testing center.

Kinda annoying, I can't just say "I'm lactose intolerant" because it's not Lactose at all, it's Casein, and the intolerance is so specific, rare, and undocumented that no one else ever reports the symptoms I had. So you either have to explain to every dumb stranger you meet that you just "can't eat milk," or you do eat milk to be socially acceptable, and then you descend into your own mental hell for 24 hours.

As an added bonus, you have to get dumped in with the health freaks who praise the Sun and do spirit dances for the Dirt Gods and other bullshit I don't believe in, stuff that wasn't confirmed by a professional medical blood test. Yay for social popularity.

I'll commit to it.

Woah that sucks. I'm lactose intolerant

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

I'll commit to it.

yeah but isn't casein in just about everything even non-dairy creamer? even things that aren't dairy may contain casein? used as an additive. I'm not saying you shouldn't commit but if it makes your life easier and you less angry......it makes sense to put out the effort

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My understanding is that casein is an intolerance to milk protein. This could be any milk or any product made from milk. Lactose intolerance is a bit easier to deal with because you can still have the protein, just not the lactose, or you can take lactase.

So yeah, I'd get retested to know for sure. :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Gluetin and Casein, though my mother did not notice a huge difference in my ability to pay attention with those cut from my diet, so I went back to eating them anyway. [MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION]

Cygnus

Gluetin and Casein, though my mother did not notice a huge difference in my ability to pay attention with those cut from my diet, so I went back to eating them anyway. [MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION]

Gluten also showed up on my results of the intolerance blood test. Odd.

The Casein, though, is noticeably worse for me. I can literally feel all this murderous rage stockpile out of nowhere when I eat it.
Gluten only makes me zoned-out or lightheaded at its very worst, tho. Hardly a difference.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

The Casein, though, is noticeably worse for me. I can literally feel all this murderous rage stockpile out of nowhere when I eat it.
Gluten only makes me zoned-out or lightheaded at its very worst, tho. Hardly a difference.

I get angry sometimes when i drink milk because my nose starts producing so much mucus that I can't breath. I wouldn't consider it anger so much as frustration. I kick my leg as if I'm drowning ot get more in inside of me. I notice it doesn't happen unless i drink past a certain amount.I can have some with coffee but no more than that or else my throat and nose close up not to mention the wicked farts.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Same here. What about egg whites?

Cygnus

Same here. What about egg whites?

No.

Tests also said "soy," but that's in everything -- unavoidable. And the intolerance was significantly smaller on the blood test.

I get angry sometimes when i drink milk because my nose starts producing so much mucus that I can't breath. I wouldn't consider it anger so much as frustration. I kick my leg as if I'm drowning ot get more in inside of me. I notice it doesn't happen unless i drink past a certain amount.I can have some with coffee but no more than that or else my throat and nose close up not to mention the wicked farts.
Not that kind of thing at all.

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yes, everything you're saying is correct...lol
I have severe allergies and they keep getting worse as I get older. I'm allergic to shellfish, tree nuts, and all animals with fur... :'(. But that isn't the point. My body also reacts mentally and physically horribly, to process foods. I feel heavy and drained of all my energy, I actually get very depressed. My mom drank a lot of diet coke when she was pregnant with me, and was pretty over weight...both my parents are. So I had two unhealthy parents, one drinking diet coke like it was water. And now years later there is tons of research linking diet coke to allergies. But my point is, when you live unhealthy and are already vulnerable or experience some sort of negative reaction to food, chances are you're body as already enough of those chemicals/whatever the hell they are, and now is getting poisoned by it. Or never developed enough due to bad foods to be capable of digesting it.

obviously I'm no genius, but I am very spiritual and have gotten myself out of being unhealthy through, organic foods, yoga, working out. that lame new age stuff everyone hears lol. but the simple fact at the end of the day is...you are what you eat.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not saying you have autism, but i do know that casein has been removed from some children with autism's diets because it helps their behavior. i've worked with therapists on feeding, sensory processing, and communication who had gobs of experience with these issues, and they all reported that it works for some people. it's not the area i work in, so i don't have much first hand evidence, but it's definteiy practiced professionally.

so if it can effect the behavior of some, i don't see why it's unreasonable to think it could effect yours too. i have no idea if it's *linked* to autism or if it just changes the chemistry in some people, and people are really interesting in changing people with autism's behavior :shrug: