• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mah feets is cold.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I searched the forum for any advice on this subject, but I couldn't find anything. So:

My feet are always cold. Almost year round. I mean, they're basically foot-shaped blocks of ice. I can soak them in hot water, and within minutes they're cold again. I can put on socks that are hot from the dryer, and my feet will make my socks cold. (Figure that out, if you can.) I do have pretty low blood pressure, and poor circulation, so I'm sure that's the cause. I just don't know what to do about it.

Are there any supplements I could be taking? Anything at all that might help? I'd appreciate any tips, guys.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I love your username.

I could probably rig something up with a car battery and blow drier heating coils you lug around all day.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Okay, I searched the forum for any advice on this subject, but I couldn't find anything. So:

My feet are always cold. Almost year round. I mean, they're basically foot-shaped blocks of ice. I can soak them in hot water, and within minutes they're cold again. I can put on socks that are hot from the dryer, and my feet will make my socks cold. (Figure that out, if you can.) I do have pretty low blood pressure, and poor circulation, so I'm sure that's the cause. I just don't know what to do about it.

Are there any supplements I could be taking? Anything at all that might help? I'd appreciate any tips, guys.

I have low BP too, I always have so hands and feet are issues. Even in summer with the ac on, I step outside just to warm them up. I have some slippers filled with rice that can be microwaved. Those help. The other thing are these socks...

heat-holder-socks-ladies-4-8-652-p.jpg

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
When dealing with the body I prefer the esoteric, psychoanalytical, holistic, new age, medical-astrology approach.

The feet symbolize pisces...and pisces is a 12th house sign which rules the unconscious and spirit energy.

Cold is the absence of heat and is often personified in several ways.

Coldness is associated with winter so we can look to winter demons and angels to tell the best personifications since ultimately all things are limited and derived by time when it comes to how people integrate with myth.

So....coldness....hmm....Jack Frost is a personification of the cold...have you been having any dreams or nightmares with Jack Frost?

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION] I understood "Cold is the absence of heat."

93JC

Diabeetus. Check your blood sugar and check it often.

Serious answer, buy some slippers and non-elastic wool socks.

á´…eparted

passages
Best thing I could suggest is to speak to your doctor about it. There is always the possibility there is a medical reason for it, and therefore perhaps a solution through it. Not sure what to say beyond that as the go-to methods I'd suggest you've already pointed out don't work.

While sitting at a desk a good tool would be a small air-blown space heater. Also might be helpful to turn the heat up in your house in general.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
[MENTION=23213]GarrotTheThief[/MENTION] I understood "Cold is the absence of heat."

Well don't worry too much about what I said other than perhaps there is a holistic cause.

Intuitively, I'm getting a sense that maybe working on headstands and doing upside down yoga may assist as the blood may reverse it's flow and since your hands are warm, maybe putting your feet where your hands are will heat them up, and in the meantime you can put your hands where your feet are until they get cold.

Not very practical though, but in the long run, maybe it will help as an exercise in yoga and expand your circulatory system.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Could be Raynaud's. Vascular issue. I got it. My feet (and hands) get painfully cold.
Warm them up with hot water then bundle up in thick socks immediately after drying.

Also increase cardio to help with circulation.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, [MENTION=23115]BadOctopus[/MENTION]- I got these socks (battery heated). They're a bit expensive, but awesome.

yhst-11545572856523_2271_12995800

They take one "D" battery each, which makes them a bit clunky, but they're good for winter indoors/outdoors, and for other seasons indoors at home.

They don't "feel" warm like a heated blanket would feel.. your feet would get sweaty/gross eventually like that.. but they keep your feet from getting cold, as well as protect them from frostbite.

A set of rechargeable D batteries is a good investment. The socks run for 12 hours.

They're discontinued, but I found some here on this site for sale if you're interested: Lectra Sox Nordic Gear Electric Heated Socks - The Warming Store
Use promo code "Thankyou" for 5% off the order, if you do order. There may be some free shipping promo codes floating around google, too.

Expensive for a pair of socks, but seriously worth it. That store has a great return policy, too.

:drwho:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION], [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION], and everybody else for the tips. I have talked to my doctor about my cold feet, and I've been assured I don't have diabetes or Raynaud's; I don't exhibit any of the other symptoms. I just have poor circulation in my feet. (But not my hands, for some reason.) I do a cardio workout three times a week to improve circulation, but it's never made much of a difference.

I'll definitely look into some heated socks, though. Those sound amazing. I also ordered a heated mattress pad that just covers the foot of your bed, which would be perfect for me. My feet get especially cold at night, but a full-length heated mattress pad or blanket would just make me too hot. I'll let you guys know if it helps, in case anyone else here suffers from cold feet when they're trying to sleep.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Have your thyroid levels checked. I'd probably take some kelp tablets to boost the iodine levels. There are supplements like nattokinase and serrapeptase that help circulation, but consult your doctor first. I use a block of soapstone as a bedwarmer. Put it in the oven for 30 minutes and it stays hot/warm for about 3 hours.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Thanks, [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION], [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION], and everybody else for the tips. I have talked to my doctor about my cold feet, and I've been assured I don't have diabetes or Raynaud's; I don't exhibit any of the other symptoms. I just have poor circulation in my feet. (But not my hands, for some reason.) I do a cardio workout three times a week to improve circulation, but it's never made much of a difference.

I'll definitely look into some heated socks, though. Those sound amazing. I also ordered a heated mattress pad that just covers the foot of your bed, which would be perfect for me. My feet get especially cold at night, but a full-length heated mattress pad or blanket would just make me too hot. I'll let you guys know if it helps, in case anyone else here suffers from cold feet when they're trying to sleep.

I second having your thyroid checked. I had all kinds of tests run but I just have low BP. It's better than having hypertension any day. I had a heated mattress pad too but I got too hot and my poor husband was dying. Now I just heat a rice bag before bed and put it at the foot. It stays warm for a long time under the covers right where I need it.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Now I just heat a rice bag before bed and put it at the foot. It stays warm for a long time under the covers right where I need it.

Ditto here. My feet are like blocks of ice going to bed, and you can't fall asleep with cold feet! Mine's called a "Magic Bag" and I think it has oats in it. Stays warm for a good 3 hours or so.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ditto here. My feet are like blocks of ice going to bed, and you can't fall asleep with cold feet! Mine's called a "Magic Bag" and I think it has oats in it. Stays warm for a good 3 hours or so.
I do have one of those bags o' rice that [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] was talking about, but it doesn't stay warm for very long. And like I mentioned in my original post, my feet possess this strange ability to suck the heat right out of warm things. What I need is a constant source of heat. Which is why I have hopes for the heated mattress pad.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
hmmm heatable socks? do they catch fire is that why they discontinued [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION].

(I do have my feet go numb if i do a sort of "L" shape on the couch well more like squiggle my head is at the knook of the where the back meet then my legs are drapped over the arm, and i'm not wearing socks, but i think that has to do more with my position but it is comfortable til my feet go numb)

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I do have one of those bags o' rice that [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] was talking about, but it doesn't stay warm for very long. And like I mentioned in my original post, my feet possess this strange ability to suck the heat right out of warm things. What I need is a constant source of heat. Which is why I have hopes for the heated mattress pad.

I was thinking of you and this thread as I lay in bed this morning lol! Here is the bag I like best, because it does have some longevity to it: Amazon.com: Magic Bag Pad Hot/Cold Pack , 28x24cm: Health & Personal Care.

Plus, as I lay there warm and roasty, I wanted to tell you, I wear leg warmers to bed. I wear them from the top of my calf down to the middle of my foot, with only the toes peeking out basically. This added layer, keeping my calves warm, seems to collaterally help keep my feet toasty (once they get toasty).

Also, the only slippers that seem to strike the right balance between keeping my feet warm vs getting sweaty then cold again, are these Isotoners: Amazon.com: Isotoner Women's Classic Satin Ballerina Slipper: Clothing. With a pair of socks and these on, my feet stay happily and passably comfortable all day. (I work from home, so I am in slippers rather than dressy work shoes/boots).

I am sure the heating pad will help though too. I just find I tend to get sweaty from them, then my feet get cold because they are sweaty! Good luck finding a solution, with this much attention focussed on the issue, you are bound to find something of help. :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Massage. Massaging the feet to help move things along and more primarily provide contact with something warmer (like your hands, since those warm up quickly again after).

Compression socks too can help for bad circulation. I know the diabetes thing was sort of a joke, but diabetics are notorious for having bad circulation, so treatments used for them can be very useful for you too.