• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypothyroidism and Undereye Circles

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone know what to do about this?

I've had a thyroid problem for a number of years due to an infection, and while that has largely resolved, it has left dark double rings under both eyes that seem to be permanent. These rings are very noticeable (I'm not just angsting here), and have the effect of making me look very degenerate. It's actual discoloration, not "bags". On bad days, the entire area around my eyes is discolored (meaning the top lid, too, is dusky). It's bad enough that it's drawn fire from my bosses that I need to start "taking care of myself better" and insulting remarks about how I need to "make myself up".

Thing is, I DO make myself up, with very thick concealer. It just doesn't do much for me because these rings are very noticeable. I've also tried rubbing vitamin E around my eyes for several weeks now, but the rings continue to sally forth. Vitamins aren't working. More sleep isn't working. Eventually, I just started walking around with my hair over my face since it's obviously such an issue to larger society.

There's got to be a better solution.

What creates these rings, and how can I diffuse it? Any ideas?