• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chemotherapy

Dannik

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Let's talk about
Chemotherapy.

Anything you have to say about it.

Fucking Hemorrhoids.
I never knew thee held such terror!...
Sitting down becomes a problematic intricately-planned multi-stage endeavor, at best.
I don't ever leave bed unless I have to. I sit and stink and fester in bed until dark horrors writhe and grow terrible from my body and rip the world asunder.
And only then;
CLEAR MY SCHEDULE, JANET:
I am going to attempt to sit down now.

And once I've sat down -
Fuck every stupid dumb shithead dumb person who ever lived if they think I'll ever get up for any reason EVER again.

And let me describe the intricate tapestry of the GEOGRAPHY of the hemorrhoids of my asshole...
Like a Swiss mountain range. Such valleys and peaks, such soaring splendor! such piquant NUANCE... Like plate tectonics. Oh boy golly!
Forget everything you knew about hemorrhoids!

...and let's talk about ANAL FISSURES.
GAMECHANGER.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know very little about chemo therapy. Thank you for starting this thread. I'm very sorry if you have to go through this. With so many undergoing chemo in the world, I'd love to be better aware of the effects it has.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Chemotherapy sucks. I'm sorry you're having to go through it. My mom has had it twice, ten years apart, for unrelated cancers. The first time she tolerated it pretty well, but this last time it was brutal. I don't know if it was a stronger type or what- she doesn't tell me much about her treatment. I think she's only going through the treatment to get us off her back anyway. She had horrible swelling all over her body. Her legs looked like tree stumps. And she's not a large woman (she's about 5'5 130). If she had hemorrhoids she didn't tell me about it, but I wouldn't expect her to.

My sister-in-law was a lot more upfront about her experiences with chemo. She had A/B, Gemzar, Xeloda, and a couple more I am forgetting. The A/B I think was the worst for her. The Xeloda was pretty mild; I think it only made her tired. What kind are you taking?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Some interesting and possibly relevant information from the National Cancer Institute:

"Laboratory studies have shown the following:

Treatment with high-dose vitamin C slowed the growth and spread of prostate, pancreatic, liver, colon, malignant mesothelioma, neuroblastoma, and other types of cancer cells.

Combining high-dose vitamin C with certain types of chemotherapy may be more effective than chemotherapy alone:
Ascorbic acid with arsenic trioxide may be more effective in ovarian cancer cells.
Ascorbic acid with gemcitabine may be more effective in pancreatic cancer cells.
Ascorbic acid with gemcitabine and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) may be more effective in malignant mesothelioma cells.

Another laboratory study suggested that combining high-dose vitamin C with radiation therapy killed more glioblastoma multiforme cells than radiation therapy alone.

However, not all laboratory studies combining vitamin C with anticancer therapies have shown benefit. Combining dehydroascorbic acid, a particular form of vitamin C, with chemotherapy made it less effective in killing some kinds of cancer cells."

Questions and Answers About High-Dose Vitamin C

á´…eparted

passages
I'm very versed in this area. I'm an organic chemist and my work is directly linked with chemotherapy. Mainly, we seek to synthesize and develop new novel chemotherapy agents.