• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many Determinants of Health do you have in your life right now?

What was your bracket?

• 0-6. My health is pretty much awful according to you and these guys.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 7-10. My health is meh according to you.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • 11-14. wow! I did okay.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 15-18. Yeah, I figured I'd score this.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Okay. To make this sort of easier I'll list some general parameters, guess as best you can based on it. Let me know your thoughts too.

Basically, there's a list out there of the 6 main determinants of good health published by the Washington Center for Nursing. One is not more valuable than the other on the list.

- Food
- Exercise
- Employment
- Health Insurance
- Education
- Supportive Family

Score yourself based on my arbitrary made up scoring system and let me know what you make! Measure this based on the last ... oh.. Month of your life. Even if you're going to get 'better' tomorrow, look at the previous month of your life and see.

Food:
- 0 points if you can only get access to food as it becomes available to you for free. This does not count if you live with someone who feeds you for free all the time.
- 1 point if you eat once a day because you must or most of the food in your diet is low quality food (i.e. lots of eating out, no vegetables, high amounts of sugar, etc. You know if you eat horribly all the time or not.)
- 2 points if you eat 1-6 meals a day out of choice and most of the food in your diet is a balance of healthy and unhealthy foods. (this is the average person. Eating ice cream right after a salad and all that jazz.)
- 3 points if you eat 3-6 meals a day, monitor your nutrition intake, and most of the food in your diet is what you consider to be clean/healthy eating for your age group. (No arguments about if someone's diet is cleaner/better than another's. This is subjective.)

Exercise:
- 0 points if you live an entirely sedentary life and do not drink at least 1 glass of water.
- 1 point if your lifestyle allows for/forces light/mild exercise (like walking/biking to work which is close by, gardening because you like flowers, etc.) but does not put emphasis on exercise for the sake of it in with your daily routine and you drink adequate fluids, but not necessarily water alone. You may exercise 1-2x a week, but frequently forget or quit exercise routines.
- 2 points if you take time out of your day to integrate exercise/activity into your life at least 2-3x a week, and try to drink adequate water throughout the day even if you didn't succeed yesterday.
- 3 points if you exercise on a routine or have an exercise group you participate in, and you succeed in getting adequate hydration most days.

Employment:
- 0 points if you are not employed, going to school full time, or doing at least part-time volunteer work.
- 1 point if you are employed part time at a job that is not a career, going to school part time, or doing volunteer work part time.
- 2 points if you go to school full time, are working in a job that makes you happy and/or have started a new career, or you do volunteer work in a field you enjoy.
- 3 points if you have an established career, are attending school to further your current career, or are a part of a non-profit organization on a regular basis.

Health Insurance:
- 0 points if you have no access to care, do not attend free clinics, and are in a state of health that requires care of some sort but have not. (This includes dental work.)
- 1 point if you do not have access to care, but attend free clinics when you need something and occasionally cough up money for an emergency.
- 2 points if you do not have access to adequate care, but may have health insurance, and you may have to pay out of pocket for some things.
- 3 points if you adequate access to health care for your needs.

Education:
- 0 points if you have not been actively learning anything on a consistent basis in the last month and did not complete high school. Or you have completed high school but have actively avoided educational pursuits outside of it (i.e. not reading any books, etc.)
- 1 point if you graduated high school and do some educational pursuits out of fun (reading books, khan academy, free lessons at libraries, learning a new language in your spare time, went to college for a while, etc.)
- 2 points if you attended community college/technical training/apprenticeships of any sort after high school or in lieu of finishing high school.
- 3 points if you achieved a degree from a university of any sort.

Supportive Family:
- 0 points if you do not consider yourself someone with any friends or family in your life that support you.
- 1 point if you have a family member or 1-2 friends that truly supports you (these friends had have been in your life at least 1 year already). (If your family is only your husband, extend this to your extended family.. inlaws, your parents, etc.)
- 2 points if you have a circle of friends OR if many of the members of your family support you.
- 3 points if BOTH your circles of friends and many family members support you.

0-6 points = man that sucks.
7-10 points = Not in great health but not in the "man that sucks" bracket either
11-14 points = Average citizens of society.
15-18 = Super healthy yo!

If you don't like my scale too bad because it's super unscientific and made up on the fly. Have fun!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

only lost points because I don't really have many people I'd consider friends :doh:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I scored 12, average minus a few relationships.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

My bike ride today was not a huge success. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the shop tomorrow to get my rear wheel trued. Again. :azdaja:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
17 (I don't have an "estabilished" career at the moment)

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Average diet in small portions, lots of walking but no deliberate sport, good health insurance, university degree and supportive but small social circle.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
14 or 15, couldn't make up my mind on one of 'em.
I think I'm doin' pretty well. :)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
14. Average citizen ! Lol

I'm very selective with who I accept in my life as "a family".

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

I need to exercise more, but it's so incredibly boring and not mentally stimulating in the slightest. I should also encourage my mother to buy healthier food, but we are poor and healthy food is apparently quite expensive.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
13. so average. my score will go up once i figure out my health insurance situation. also, i used to be better about exercise than i am currently. those were my two lowest scores.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
15. I'm still unhealthy though.