• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For all those who love a perfect cuppa.

What's your favorite kind(s)?

I haven't met a tea that I don't like; black, white, green, red, herbal, I like them all. I have sooooo many different kinds. I love to try new ones, and I even buy books on tea. Not sure why I have this obsession but I do.

I was inspired to write this thread because I am sitting here drinking black chai tea and I haven't had that in so long, I forgot how delightfully spicy it is.

PS - For all you Brits, yes, I put the milk in first, then water. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oo! oo! great thread :D :D

Currently drinking Keemun black tea - looseleaf from the Baltimore Coffee & Tea Co.
Big fan of their loosleaf teas. It's a local establishment but they do mail-order too.

Also like their-
Apple Cinnamon & Vanilla (flavored black tea)
Red Bush Blood Orange (blood orange-flavored rooibos)
Egyptian Chamomile (haven't had it in a while, funny seeing a tin full of small dried flowers)
Black Currant (flavored black tea)
Earl Grey Green (haven't tried earl grey black yet, but I dig earl grey twinings)
Orange Mango (flavored black tea)
Pai Mu Tan (chinese white tea)
Chai Bengali (black chai tea)

For the US Twinings teabags I dig earl grey and lapsang souchong once in a while (lapsang souchong is great from the Balt. Coffee & Tea Co. but 4oz is way too much--that's something you can stand to drink *once in a while*)

I have some black chai tea in teabag form at home, think it's from "nature's promise." It's alright.

I've tried Jiaogulan tea before, that stuff actually has medicinal properties from what I've read (vaguely similar to ginseng in chemical makeup but different). I felt really fucking good after drinking it, I know that much. Very calm and "centered" for lack of a better word. I got it from here

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
<3 spirilis

I am drinking some homemade chai tea. It has small chunks of ginger and whole spices floating at the bottom of the tea and that is what's making it taste spicy.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
<3 spirilis

I am drinking some homemade chai tea. It has small chunks of ginger and whole spices floating at the bottom of the tea and that is what's making it taste spicy.

ooo, that sounds splendid. Never tried concocting my own tea before. Sounds like fun :D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah yeah, there's always the infamous "chai latte" you find at most coffeehouses; my favorite has been Pacific Chai. I've bought the powder for home-use before but it's just not the same without the steamed milk and I don't have a machine to make that.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Green tea with burnt rice.

Mmmm.

I like that too, I think it's called gen ma chai. Good hearty green tea. It takes a few cups to get used to the rice, if you've never had it before.

Amongst the bad and mediocre teas I have right now, I have some good teas (coincidentally, all loose, but I'm not against a good bag):
- Some jasmine green tea mom gave me -- Very nice tea, but unfortunately I don't know the brand
- Oolong Black Dragon -- good flavor
- Earl Grey -- not the best Earl Grey I've had, but it's good
- Jasmine Pearls -- very fun and good flavor
- Yerba Mate -- bought from a local vendor
- Rooibos with dried flowers in it -- Good stuff but a little too flowery to drink every day

And although I'm out right now, it's hard to beat a good cup of Stash English Breakfast Tea. :coffee:
Yogi is also a fine brand. I enjoy their Kombucha green tea.

I don't usually drink them with milk, cream, sugar, honey, etc. Just black (or green :)).

Hmm, I think I'll make a cup now. :coffee:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yerba - oy, that's some pretty bitter, intense stuff. That'll wake you up really fast!!:shock: (I'm thinking it must grow on you. I love strong bitter black tea, but the first time I tried yerba, it was akin to eating a lemon -- my taste buds were protesting)

I like some green tea blends

I mostly drink black tea though. For grocery store brands, favorites are Tazo 'Awake', and a brand called Taylors of /(and?) Harrowgate. Assam is usually what I get, although I enjoy Darjeeling as well. They also had a 'Scottish Breakfast Tea' that I loved, although it's not stocked at the grocery store anymore.

Earl Grey is nice on occasion.

There are also a couple of small tea companies (one called 'Teavana', another called 'Teasource') that I've gotten loose tea from.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yerba - oy, that's some pretty bitter, intense stuff. That'll wake you up really fast!!:shock: (I'm thinking it must grow on you. I love strong bitter black tea, but the first time I tried yerba, it was akin to eating a lemon -- my taste buds were protesting)
Hmm, I might need to try that...

I mostly drink black tea though. For grocery store brands, favorites are Tazo 'Awake', and a brand called Taylors of /(and?) Harrowgate. Assam is usually what I get, although I enjoy Darjeeling as well. They also had a 'Scottish Breakfast Tea' that I loved, although it's not stocked at the grocery store anymore.
Ahh yes Assam -- that's one I forgot to put in my list above. The looseleaf Assam from the balt. coffee & tea co. is fantastic.

Darjeeling is tasty if you're into floral/aromatic teas. It was a bit much for me but I see why they call it the "champagne" of teas.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my favorites is a loose leaf black tea I have with rose petals. When you drink it, it has a common black tea taste, except it smells like roses. With every sip, it's like smelling a bouquet of fragrant roses. Mmmmmm so nice. :)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I like tea and I like this thread. :)

I like Arctic Fire tea - couldn't remember what was in it, so it's apparently a china black tea with a hint of mint and blue cornflowers. It's really pretty to look at as well!

Other highly enjoyable teas:
- apple tea
- Oolong tea such as pu erh and tieh kuan yin ("Iron Buddha")
- Japanese green tea
- green teas in general

Oh, and Earl Grey tea is lovely!

And I'm at that stage where the word 'tea' is looking really strange to my eyes..

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I like loose leaf english breakfast tea for morning & afternoons. Heavy cream, no sugar.

I love cha yen, too.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a fan of Earl Grey. I drink it with a lot of cream and sugar.

I've had other things here and there that I like. There was this peach ginger green tea that was really good.

AscendingFlame

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I find that it varies with me. But I usually like to stick with one blend for a certain time (at least half a year) and then change to a new one.

At the moment, I prefer Earl Grey to any other tea. Especially since I found out that it helps my metabolism and also helps when I'm in a bad mood. Earl Grey is my crack! :D

Last year, I went for vanilla flavoured green tea. And the year before it was some fruit tea blend. Let's see what's next.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I go through phases. My current addiction is Lady Grey (a milder version of Earl Grey). I also really like white tea, green tea, English Breakfast, Prince of Wales, Dilmah black, black tea flavoured with vanilla and a chamomile blend. I also like Fujian tea (can't remember it's actual name) because it reminds me of meditation classes when I was at college.

I drink all tea with milk, no sugar. The only exceptions are peppermint tea (I've tried it with milk and it really doesn't work) and lemon/ginger and fruit teas (the milk curdles and yes I have tried it).

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP

I like some green tea blends

Earl Grey is nice on occasion.

There are also a couple of small tea companies (one called 'Teavana', another called 'Teasource') that I've gotten loose tea from.

Teavana isn't a small company. :)

Yerba Mate has a strange flavor, but I don't think it's bitter. Tazo makes some pretty good teas -- I like their Chai. Darjeeling is good stuff. I might buy some next time I buy tea.

MBTI Type
INxJ
If I had a chance to drink the kind of tea Hmm makes, I'd consider drinking it more. Hmm, your like a tea chef.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am! And I'd love to serve you some. :smile:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
This thread inspired me to buy English Breakfast and some of that Yogi Kombucha Green tea I mentioned earlier, in addition to the Darjeeling I bought earlier today. Now, once again, I have way more tea than I could possibly drink. Thanks a lot...

Does anyone have some self-control they could spare?