• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

sophiedoph

MBTI Type
INFJ
For all those who love a perfect cuppa.

What's your favorite kind(s)?

I haven't met a tea that I don't like; black, white, green, red, herbal, I like them all. I have sooooo many different kinds. I love to try new ones, and I even buy books on tea. Not sure why I have this obsession but I do.

I was inspired to write this thread because I am sitting here drinking black chai tea and I haven't had that in so long, I forgot how delightfully spicy it is.

PS - For all you Brits, yes, I put the milk in first, then water. ;)

If you haven't had Amacha tea (Hydrangea tea) from Asia you are missing out! My friend brought me some from Korea and I am addicted--it turns sweet and no sugar needed! I just wish I could find it in the US!

Anyone else ever have this?

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I'm drinking a new apple and ginger tea from Dr Stuart's Extraordinarily Good Teas range. 19% apple, 19% ginger!

Yum! :)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I'm drinking a new apple and ginger tea from Dr Stuart's Extraordinarily Good Teas range. 19% apple, 19% ginger!

Yum! :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I happen to turn on the TV and this is staring back at me. I'm watching it right now and you're not. Nanner, nanner.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
There was a very light-tasting tea I've had recently at a friends called Silverneedle, I think it was a white tea sort. Very very subtle flavor, but if your tastebuds were clear of anything harsh you could taste it and enjoy it. Apple Pomegranate was also very good, but surprisingly bitter.

We also are the proud owners of a Teavana here in the mall close to my house. Ive been a few and liked what I saw, though I suppose I will be more advent about it when I actually get to settle into my house. I do have a small contraption from there where you can brew tea and set it on a cup and itll drain into your mug.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lapsang Souchong- smoked tea which tastes like drinking a campfire

jasmine tea- loved the stuff I got here, then my friend brought me back some from china- the type that comes in a ball and opens into a flower when it's steeping :holy:

Irish Breakfast- seems rounder and more flavorful than English Breakfast to me

Peppermint

In Brazil and Argentina I had Mate, served in the traditional style, where you pass around the glass with the bomba, or straw with a filter on the end, and everyone drinks- it's a social beverage

Also in Brazil the first time, fresh lemongrass tea

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yum honey lemon hibiscus green tea. straight, though wouldn't be bad with honey it

yugyug

MBTI Type
I?TP
Latest discovery: Hot vanilla tea with 2 or 3 dried pears dropped in for sweetness and a bit of milk.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This morning, my staple: Assam + 2tsp honey. <3 it.

V

violaine

All decaf:
- English Breakfast
- Irish Breakfast
- Russian Caravan
- Lady Grey
- Green
- Jasmine

I have a love/hate thing with Earl Grey... sometimes it tastes like a cup of perfume.

Midget

MBTI Type
ENFP
All decaf:
- English Breakfast
- Irish Breakfast
- Russian Caravan
- Lady Grey
- Green
- Jasmine

I have a love/hate thing with Earl Grey... sometimes it tastes like a cup of perfume.

I usually put some milk in my Earl Grey, if I'm home at home! :p

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow...where are all the Southerners?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hey, I love Iced Tea! I probably have it every day. I've just never had Luzianne.
Naww, I'm talking about Georgia tea. That's where I'm from.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Naww, I'm talking about Georgia tea. That's where I'm from.

Ahh, I thought you meant iced tea. I'm not familiar with Georgia tea. Does it involve peaches?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, you were thinking of the right thing. Sweet, iced tea. :yes: I just didn't want you to think I was talking about some specially spiced tea (due to it being from New Orleans and whatnot).

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, you were thinking of the right thing. Sweet, iced tea. :yes: I just didn't want you to think I was talking about some specially spiced tea (due to it being from New Orleans and whatnot).

Oh no, I know that sweet iced tea is very southern. You can't go wrong with it. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tonight I had a nice cup of Earl Gray in front of the fire, it was delicious! :)