• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This may sound like a stupid question, but I really am curious...does repeatedly drinking green tea or mint tea make your teeth start turning green?

Giggly... Do you have green teeth?

I am from south asia not east asia.

It was 'probably' east asia that brought tea to england. Atleast it was them that discovered it.

And then in the 19th century England introduced it here.

And they did so to form a base of their own production so as to stem the constant flow of silver out of Britain's coffers and into China.

I come from a community of constant tea drinkers and I don't really drink it very often myself. Which puts people off and makes me an outcast here. :sadbanana:

I occasionally like a nice strong cup of Assam tea. Milk and sugar, please. I like my Darjeeling without milk though as it is much more delicate.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like red tea

red-tea20for20hair20growth.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i jump around, but right now I'm enjoying this blueberry,pomegranite, and acai green tea. But it verys

I absolutley can't stand aged earl. i like normal earl

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
right now hibiscus with calendula flowers

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Black. Tazo Awake, Bigelow's Ceylon, and East Frisian are all good.

I don't like Earl Grey a lot by itself, but my husband uses a little when making iced tea and it is delicious.

lunareclipze

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of my favorites would be regular green tea, apple cinnamon spice tea, pomegranate herbal tea and also this pumpkin spice tea they sell during the fall here in Canada at Tim Horton's. I usually buy a couple of boxes in the fall when they're selling it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
My new favourite is this mix i make that is 50% green tea and 50% of this already mixed mate with some papaya, mango, pineapple and quince blossom leaves :drool:

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
good fortune

Enjoying Dragon Oolong Tea
v00698.jpg

The Tea of Good Fortune?
Here's hoping.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Enjoying Dragon Oolong Tea
v00698.jpg

The Tea of Good Fortune?
Here's hoping.

I'm drinking Bai Hao oolong from Smith Teamaker. Delicious.

ing_baihaooolong.jpg

Steven Smith Teamaker is very quickly becoming my favorite tea supplier. It's a local Portland company, owned and started by Steven Smith, the man who started Stash and Tazo before selling them.

Gamine

in-game
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
My current obsession is Teavana's Sakura Allure

31355_d.jpeg

Country of Origin: not listed
Leaf Appearance: small, dark green with lots of flower petals
Ingredients: Green tea, hibiscus blossoms, cherries, artificial flavoring, candied mango pieces (mango, sugar), candied pineapple pieces (pineapple, sugar), rose blossom leaves, lemon peels, rosebuds, cranberry pieces
Steep time: 2 minutes
Water Temperature: 175 degrees
Preparation Method: Teavana Perfect Steeper
Liquor: deep red

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been reading this book lately-http://www.randomhouse.com/book/198181/the-story-of-tea-by-mary-lou-heiss-and-robert-j-heiss
It's a pretty good tour of how tea is made and the history behind it. I didn't realize that coffee, despite having been drank by humans much later than tea, was little-known among the "western" world until later than coffee drinking became commonplace (since coffee was discovered in Africa, with its proximity to the western world, whereas tea is indiginous to the Yunnan province (China) / Assam (India) / Myanmar / Laos region)

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm not too avid a tea drinker, I used to abhor it as a kid, but I managed to finally get the acquired taste for it when I was in college and I can finally enjoy it now.

My absolute favorite was Snapple's Green Apple White Tea...I grew addicted to that shit in college, but they discontinued it. :mad:
76183170236.jpg

Besides that, I really enjoy Arizona Sunbrewed Style with Lemon tea. It's my personal favorite.
41-oRj2zsvL._SX425_.jpg

Lately I've been drinking a lot of the Diet Arizona Green Tea since it's 0 calories. I know it's not actually zero calories, but it still tastes pretty damn good for being a diet beverage.
k2-_13982cab-61b7-4175-80cb-f52073189267.v1.jpg

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can say now that I've tried pu'erh tea. It's ... Not bad, but probably an acquired taste ...

My wife described it as "horse manure", or at least "hay" like.
I can basically see where she's coming from, and my boss said it smells like a barnyard. Very hay-like.
But no bitterness at all, no reason to add milk. Very interesting. Mine came in a 2oz tin of small single-serving cakes. Not sure if it's the quick-fermented kind or the "aged" form, I think it's the former, so it would be interesting to try the latter sometime.

The aforementioned book I posted said the Chinese consider Pu'erh tea the true "Black" tea, what we all call black tea over here they consider "red tea" due to its real brewed color. I can see that ... the pu'erh has a very inky dark reddish-black liquor.