• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm drinking lemon honey tea right now. but i also just got some green tea with acai and blueberry in it. so good. lots of honey and lots of lemon in decaf black tea

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Earl Grey Mmmmm. :wubbie: I don't have that often so it's really yummy to me when I do.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Earl Grey Mmmmm. :wubbie: I don't have that often so it's really yummy to me when I do.

I know what you mean. It's my favorite kind, but it has sort of lost some magic because I drink it every day.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am a bit of tea snob. I drink lots of loose leaf from local shops. I adore a good Earl Grey, especially the more floral varieties. I also love a fruity white, or jasmine green. And I'll pretty much always go for a nice oolong, especially if it's a bit toasty. :D

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I like green and herbal tea the most. It's wonderful. Most herbal teas really help me fall asleep too.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Been doing Yerba mate daily for a few weeks. I tried it years ago but didn't stick with it, just couldn't get into the bitter grass-clippings taste and my setup wasn't like the true south-american way anyhow. I ended up buying a nice stainless steel bombilla which sat in my desk @ the office for a few years.

This time around, I have a cup that (while it is fired clay) generally mimics the traditional gourds better, and there's a new international market in town that sells the mate. Got 1 kilo of Cruz de Malta, an Argentinian mate that is apparently known for being smooth/mild. Then I tried the "traditional" preparation techniques--like shaking the gourd upside down w/ mate and gently forming a mound on the side, adding cold water to the bottom to support the mound & protect the tea from burning at first infusion, and I'm happy to report it's pretty good! Cold water to buffer the temps gets rid of the bitterness and the shaking/sifting technique supposedly brings the stems to the bottom to act as an in-place filter to help the bombilla's filter so you don't ingest as much fines. Goes down smooth and tastes pretty good.

Anyway that was longer-winded than I intended :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know what you mean. It's my favorite kind, but it has sort of lost some magic because I drink it every day.

Well, I drink mint tea the most, and I feel the same way you do about it.

I'm trying not to drink so much black tea, because I don't want my tea to stain.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been drinking a lot of this loose leaf tea at work recently: Loyd Yunnan. I got it at an "international" supermarket (mostly middle eastern stuff), which had a crapload of fancy imported teas. I restrained myself and only got the yunnan, some british brand of assam bagged tea, and a big box of decaf tea (almost gone now). Will need to return soon...

I don't drink a ton of loose leaf teas because I usually make tea by leaving the bag in forever and adding milk and sugar/honey (I'm a barbarian, I know) which doesn't work so well with a strainer. A lot of teas taste bland/soapy/bitter to me without milk. I like this one on its own, though. It has a really strong, interesting flavour.

Also my sister got me a tin of earl grey for christmas, and besides being a freaking fantastic tin, I really like the tea - it's a lot more strongly floral/bergamot-y than the usual earl grey I buy (twinings or umm...some supermarket discount brand).

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just enjoying some Earl Grey tea at the moment.

Here is to the simple elegance of tea time.

R

Riva

I love tea and I'm addicted to it.

Because where I come from we make the best tea.

All thanks to the English who brought it here.

Long live the queen.

gromit

likes this
Been drinking a lot of this:

herb_v2_CS_3DBox_CPeach_0111.png

Celestial Seasonings should compensate me for all the promotion I do of their blends...

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll drink almost anything except for Earl Grey. I can't stand that stuff. But a few of my favorites are:

- Celestial Seasonings' Candy Cane Lane (seasonal)
- Chocolate Hazelnut (don't remember the brand)
- almost any kind of chai
- iced green tea

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, i wanna talk about tea!

some of my favorites include:
-white tea
-african red bush
-ginger
-darjeeling
-chamomile

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This may sound like a stupid question, but I really am curious...does repeatedly drinking green tea or mint tea make your teeth start turning green?

F

figsfiggyfigs

davidriotigerspicechaitin.jpg

I have this at work all the time, and think it is really yummy.

I generally don't like very fruity teas.

I love Earl Grey. I also like to mix Lemon Tea with Peppermint Tea, in the morning.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love tea and I'm addicted to it.
Because where I come from we make the best tea.
All thanks to the English who brought it here.
Long live the queen.

it was Asia which brought tea to England

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh, i wanna talk about tea!
some of my favorites include:
-white tea
I love white, but oddly enough, I find the middle grades better than the supposedly high grade stuff (which seems almost flavorless to me)

-african red bush
I suggest honeybush. it's a lot like rooibos, but a bit sweeter

yum (especially on a sore stomach)

-darjeeling
heard good things, but never tried it

-chamomile
overrated, but good

R

Riva

it was Asia which brought tea to England

I am from south asia not east asia.

It was 'probably' east asia that brought tea to england. Atleast it was them that discovered it.

And then in the 19th century England introduced it here.