• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

Lark

I'd really like to see the Japanese Tea Ritual in the native environment. I dont really think there is a coffee equivalent.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tea

I drink tea, every now and then.

I drink Earl Grey with milk 'you're not meant to do that.'

I like tea, milk, sugar.
Or tea and sugar.
Or just tea.

I'm fussy with my ocha 'green tea', ever since I had it powered at a tea ceremony thrown for my Japanese class in college at the Japanese embassy; Ever since then it's been like this:

Seymour Skinner
sknner.gif

The year was 1968. We were on recon in
a steaming Mekong delta. An overheated private removed his
flak jacket, revealing a T-shirt with an iron-on sporting the
Mad slogan
"Up With Mini-Skirts."
Well, we all had a good laugh, even though I didn't quite
understand it. But our momentary lapse of concentration
allowed Charlie to get the drop on us.
I spent the next three years in a POW camp, forced to subsist
on a thin stew of fish, vegetables, prawns, coconut milk, and
four kinds of rice. I came close to madness trying to find it
here in the States, but they just can't get the spices right.​

... I can't find powered ocha anywhere.

CournteyCoppernollTea1.jpg

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This Tea's the Shizznizz :D

120_twinings_everyday_tea_1.jpg

And I have never actually paid attention to the box before; I will now.

I don't usually drink PG Tips, but I loved these old adverts.

gromit

likes this
51UCvd6qz0L.jpg

This is amazing. It somehow tastes sweet without any added sugar. Spicy and sweet and fragrant. It's like an herbal chai!

W

WhoCares

I'm quite fond of rosehip spiced with star anise, cinnamon and clove and topped off with a touch of honey.

W

WhoCares

I use any old brand of Rosehip tea and throw the whole spices myself into a pot on the stove. I heat it a little longer than just a regular bag in a teapot. 1 stick of cinnamon, a teaspoon of cloves, 2 star anise flowers and two teabags for a pot. Pour into a cup when ready and add honey. :coffeeluv:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This isn't actually tea -- more like a tea-based product -- but I love it so much. :wub:

tumblr_medku7knUe1rbzizlo1_500.jpg

It may say "just add water", but it's FAR better with milk.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I drank mint tea (purely herbal) everyday for several months, will that make my teeth start turning green?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah she was a little nuts. Too bad for her though.

The most I'd ever drink is 3 cups using 3 bags in a day. Heck, I might even reuse 1 bag.

Same here. I saw the headline for this article and clicked on it thinking it might be relevant to me. I guess not. :laugh:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Drinking herbal tea with honey out of this mug:

PHOTO_15787805_150186_22451264_ap_320X240.jpg

Because if I trick my sore throat into thinking I'm a gun-toting Wyoming lawman, it'll get the hell outta Dodge and never come back. (Right? That IS how germs think, isn't it?)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Drinking herbal tea with honey out of this mug:

PHOTO_15787805_150186_22451264_ap_320X240.jpg

Because if I trick my sore throat into thinking I'm a gun-toting Wyoming lawman, it'll get the hell outta Dodge and never come back. (Right? That IS how germs think, isn't it?)

:laugh: Yes it is, actually! I drew a beard and an ax on my mug once and chased off a mild episode of the flu once.

EEW

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I love selfmade tea! My grandmum is best in making tea.

I drank oolong tea yesterday evening.:D

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mentioned this tea in the 2nd post in the thread, but I've since started reacquainting myself with it and I'm still amazed at the "medicinal" qualities it bears-

http://jiaogulan.net/
http://www.ijrpbsonline.com/files/RV12.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynostemma_pentaphyllum

I just can't quite get past the flavor, though I may try a different variety soon (and/or use smaller doses). I am currently experimenting with taking it in "pill" form where I take capsules of the crushed leaves, and I definitely feel the calming & de-stressing effect (not to mention sleep better). My blood pressure is also lower as I've tested.

serenesam

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
For all those who love a perfect cuppa.

What's your favorite kind(s)?

I haven't met a tea that I don't like; black, white, green, red, herbal, I like them all. I have sooooo many different kinds. I love to try new ones, and I even buy books on tea. Not sure why I have this obsession but I do.

I was inspired to write this thread because I am sitting here drinking black chai tea and I haven't had that in so long, I forgot how delightfully spicy it is.

PS - For all you Brits, yes, I put the milk in first, then water. ;)

I love Green tea and Chrysanthemum tea.