• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I got a tower of christmas teas by republic tea in my stocking for christmas, there's a red, a black and a green and i'm drinking the green delicious

Unique

Enjoying Japanese Matcha every morning

matcha-finish-japanese-green-tea.jpg

judidudi

MBTI Type
INFJ
Mm.. Tea... love it. Love different kinds of it, especially green with a touch of lemon or mint tea. I dislike black tea a little just 'cause it's too bitter for me if I don't put any sugar.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love green tea and matcha, or just plain earl grey for something quick. I like some of the blends from Davidstea as well - Alpine Punch and Exotica in particular.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Love Rooibos.

Had Honeybush too, but some good vanilla rooibos from a small local french tea shop here has a lovely variety.
If you can find it loose leaf, it's generally better.

And I've been enjoying myself with matcha with a bit of almond milk, honey and ice these warmer days.

gromit

likes this
Mm I am recently really enjoying this green tea blend by Tazo that has lemongrass and maybe spearmint (called Zen). Very refreshing.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I probably said it a dozen times in this thread, but Japanese tea is just so great. I am still drinking some apple black tea which I bought there on my last trip. (I rationed it out). It was cheap tea from a cheap store...and it's so lovely. Actually, I also have a little left of the Champagne Rose black tea I also bought there. AMAZING (more expensive than the apple tea.)

There are so many reasons I'd love to go to Japan again but I want to go even just to stock up on tea - and I live in England where the tea is pretty darn good!! Maybe I can get my friend who lives there to send me a care package... ;)

Permabanned
I just had cheapish apple, cinnamon mixed with cheapish black tea with milk and cookie.

PS:I hear Japan is where INFJ's are made.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just had cheapish apple, cinnamon mixed with cheapish black tea with milk and cookie.

PS:I hear Japan is where INFJ's are made.

MMMM :)

Japan is an INFJ wonderland in many many ways. My INFJ BF lives there (she's Canadian, married a Japanese guy). I think in a lot of ways it suits her no end, but she finds it challenging too. I think it is a culture where people will always be very nice and polite but often it's hard to "get in" (ie. if you're a foreigner you tend to be an outsider). She has found some good friends, though (both Japanese and foreigners). She has said she couldn't possibly live in London, where I live - too tough and cold and stressful. On the other hand, I think London is a super-diverse and accepting city, and I wouldn't find that in the same way in Japan.

Permabanned
MMMM :)

Japan is an INFJ wonderland in many many ways. My INFJ BF lives there (she's Canadian, married a Japanese guy). I think in a lot of ways it suits her no end, but she finds it challenging too. I think it is a culture where people will always be very nice and polite but often it's hard to "get in" (ie. if you're a foreigner you tend to be an outsider). She has found some good friends, though (both Japanese and foreigners). She has said she couldn't possibly live in London, where I live - too tough and cold and stressful. On the other hand, I think London is a super-diverse and accepting city, and I wouldn't find that in the same way in Japan.

I wonder if they have any slamming doors there :thinking:
:sartre:

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if they have any slamming doors there :thinking:
:sartre:

It's such a high-tech country! When INFJs in Japan want to doorslam, it probably has to be an...emotion-sensitive whooshing on silent silver wings door, or something like that. (The toilets practically sing and dance.)

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trying to remember which of the decaf teas I've found to be the best so far. They do tend to be disappointing. Edible, but disappointing. I think the Marks and Spencer one was pretty good...must try it again.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i looooove whittard teas.
the apple one. oh my
almost as good as
turkish apple tea <3

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i looooove whittard teas.
the apple one. oh my
almost as good as
turkish apple tea <3

I LOOOOOVE WHITTARDS!!! :)

You live in Thailand, right? Do they have Whittards there or have you found it in travelling? They are all over the UK. As well as awesome tea, they make really nice plates, mugs, teapots etc etc and the prices are great.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
I LOOOOOVE WHITTARDS!!! :)

You live in Thailand, right? Do they have Whittards there or have you found it in travelling? They are all over the UK. As well as awesome tea, they make really nice plates, mugs, teapots etc etc and the prices are great.

they have it here too. but i discovered them when i lived in london.
another good one is fortnum & mason.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they have it here too. but i discovered them when i lived in london.
another good one is fortnum & mason.

Oh you lived in London! THat's awesome. :) And great that you can get it in Thailand. Fortnum and Mason is lovely, but expensive! I'm more likely to shop there if I want a nice gift for someone ;)

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
Oh you lived in London! THat's awesome. :) And great that you can get it in Thailand. Fortnum and Mason is lovely, but expensive! I'm more likely to shop there if I want a nice gift for someone ;)

love their classic tea bag selection, always get that, they have the royal, queen anne, darjeeling,
breakfast, afternoon and my fave earl grey classic--which is wonderful to make earl grey cupcakes
with lemon frosting. mmm soooo fragrant.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmm, I might just have to hit FOrtnum and Mason soon. I haven't bought much tea for a while. Partly because I had a lot. ;) But after I move house in a few days, I can start buying a few things again. Like more varieties of tea. ;)

Sky

So many teas to try now! I dunno if anyone posted Hibiscus tea, but it tastes a lot like cranberry juice when you put sugar in it except its not really tart. Its delicious.