• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is yerba mate like? I have some bags of it, and am a little skeptical... it's doesn't smell floral or anything like that.

Maybe that is a good thing?

Just brewed a half pot of it... it tastes... grassy? like a somewhat aromatic grass. It gets bitter if you use boiling water but if you use hot water (~160F like they say you're supposed to use for green tea) it's not too bitter.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Just brewed a half pot of it... it tastes... grassy? like a somewhat aromatic grass. It gets bitter if you use boiling water but if you use hot water (~160F like they say you're supposed to use for green tea) it's not too bitter.

Thank you!

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Has anyone tried Monkey Picked Tea?

How is it?

I'm curious, but the thought of it creeps me out/endears me to its cause.

Rikka

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I am currently in love with sencha green tea. It tastes delicious with 85% chocolate. I also want to get some matcha powder, since the stuff tastes great; creamy, earthy and smooth. The only tea i don't like is herbal tea- it tastes like apsartame and potpurri.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, I like the black Chai tea as well, but my favorite is the "Prince of Wales" tea by Twinings (although that's harder to find these days).

I usually don't tell people that I drink tea, though, ever since I got lambasted by one person who called me "Un-American" for drinking hot tea (rather than iced tea), saying I was basically spitting on the people who dumped the tea in Boston Harbor and fought for our independence.

This only had the effect of making me more secretive and doubtful of the intelligence of the people around me, rather than making me feel guilty.

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I like the black Chai tea as well, but my favorite is the "Prince of Wales" tea by Twinings (although that's harder to find these days).

I usually don't tell people that I drink tea, though, ever since I got lambasted by one person who called me "Un-American" for drinking hot tea (rather than iced tea), saying I was basically spitting on the people who dumped the tea in Boston Harbor and fought for our independence.

This only had the effect of making me more secretive and doubtful of the intelligence of the people around me, rather than making me feel guilty.

In general, I doubt the intelligence of those around me as well. However, humanity in general isn't all that bright, at least to me. Individuals on the other hand... *shrugs* Back to the point.

Don't allow one individual to hold sway over things such as that. It was a ridiculous attack on you. They have nothing more interesting to do with their lives than to harass others who have the slightest difference from them. That just shows how pathetic and close-minded they are.

Those that boycotted the tea did so more than 200 years ago. And I don't doubt that at least one person among them actually liked the tea. They were just making a statement. A statement which no longer stands in this day and age. So, drink up!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9

:shock: *Notes that your current avatar is the Tarot 8 of swords, however, which seems to fit with this line of reasoning ;) It seems a pity to let the surreal opinions of one certifiable nutcase hinder your communication like this, but if you're going to form a generalised expectation thus from a single weird experience...*

As for myself, I prefer some kind of Ceylon tea for everyday drinking, and occasionally lapsang souchong, darjeeling or chai for variation as black tea goes. Green tea is too bitter for the most part, but good white tea... mmm! I feel sure it must be doing me some deep and profound good somewhere with that delicate, rich, incredibly subtle flavour.

Fruit and herbal teas mostly smell enticing but fail to live up to their olfactory promise in quite a spectacular way, so I will happily give them a miss. Spiced teas of any kind can be another matter entirely, however. They actually have a flavour ;)

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ha By the way, I love both hot and iced tea. :) My favorite iced tea is raspberry. My favorite hot tea is India Chai Spice.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've been drinking vanilla truffle caramel flavored with some milk in it, tonight I decided to switch to to honey lemon hibiscus green tea, both deliscious I love tea.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For all those who love a perfect cuppa.

What's your favorite kind(s)?

I haven't met a tea that I don't like; black, white, green, red, herbal, I like them all. I have sooooo many different kinds. I love to try new ones, and I even buy books on tea. Not sure why I have this obsession but I do.

I was inspired to write this thread because I am sitting here drinking black chai tea and I haven't had that in so long, I forgot how delightfully spicy it is.

PS - For all you Brits, yes, I put the milk in first, then water. ;)

I'm a tea simpleton:

Constant Comment
Earl Grey
Green Tea

That's it for me! :)

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
For all those who love a perfect cuppa.

What's your favorite kind(s)?

I haven't met a tea that I don't like; black, white, green, red, herbal, I like them all. I have sooooo many different kinds. I love to try new ones, and I even buy books on tea. Not sure why I have this obsession but I do.

I was inspired to write this thread because I am sitting here drinking black chai tea and I haven't had that in so long, I forgot how delightfully spicy it is.

PS - For all you Brits, yes, I put the milk in first, then water. ;)

Ooh tea :) I think black chai is great too, but too much can be a bit sickly, it's nice once in a while. I love vanilla tea, mmm. I'm more of a black tea fan than a green tea lover, and I like milk in it (which I put in at the end, so I can see what colour it will turn).

I love tea so much, in fact, that for my current history dissertation I'm researching the Chinese tea trade with the Dutch East India Company, lol.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aww man. Why'd this thread have to be bumped today :(

I bought a teeny-tiny 2 glass tea pot for work yesterday but forgot to bring in some tea leaves, I'd consider cutting people up for some right now!

*considers cutting up tea bags instead*

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Tea. :blush:

I do love it.

• Chai - it tastes best when ye just make it from scratch with cardamon and everything.
  • Orange spice tea (herbal)
  • Really good Jasmine tea... (Thai/Vietnamese restaurants serve the version I like.)
  • 500 Mile Chai (Very, very nice.)
  • Ginger peach tea that has a mild black tea base...
  • Chamomile, sometimes...
  • For some reason I still dislike green tea. It might've been due to the memories of real green tea in Japan: I had it during a tea ceremony and I think my hair stood on end for three hours.
  • Tazo's 'Passion'
There's probably more. Love 'ze tea.

Need sleep. :ninja:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
On Friday, I had Tazo's 'passion' for the first time. It was soooooooo incredibly delicious! I was in tea haven!

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a tea simpleton:

Constant Comment
Earl Grey
Green Tea

That's it for me! :)

All of which are fantastic choices :D

If you're looking for something rather... hearty, try Assam black tea and brew it strong (double the bags, don't brew it longer). Nice malty flavor & aroma :D Add milk & honey and it tastes like a warm malt milkshake!

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All of which are fantastic choices :D

If you're looking for something rather... hearty, try Assam black tea and brew it strong (double the bags, don't brew it longer). Nice malty flavor & aroma :D Add milk & honey and it tastes like a warm malt milkshake!

I command you to make me tea sometime.

:rofl:

maliafee

What a delightful thread!

I love all kinds of teas, but lemon and other fruity herbals are nice. I like spiced teas and also just black tea with milk and sugar.

Mmm... I'm going to go make some right now...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Mmmm... my mouth is watering, and I'm ready for some tea with lemon!!! Anyone up for a tea party???