• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The tea thread

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG, TEA? IS IT AWESOME OR TOO AWESOME? IS IT PURE WHITE GODLY LOVE OR IS IT THE SEDUCTIVE VAGINA OF THE DEVIL SATAN LUCIFER HIMSELF???? IT IS MYSTERY.

Well, when you put it that way...

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Totally unrelated, but there's something lovely about someone named SilkRoad commenting in a tea thread.

It's funny...back in my hometown, where I have not actually lived for nine years, there is now a speciality tea shop called Silk Road! I took the username from one of my favourite travel books, Shadow of the SIlk Road by Colin Thubron, but the tea connection is good too. ;)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's funny...back in my hometown, where I have not actually lived for nine years, there is now a speciality tea shop called Silk Road! I took the username from one of my favourite travel books, Shadow of the SIlk Road by Colin Thubron, but the tea connection is good too. ;)

Tea shops make me happy. There was a tea house down the way from my uni called Ching Chang Cha that I adored. Always got into the best conversations there. It's also where I discovered the magic of blossoming teas :)

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJWXOOUvsds&feature=related"]PRETTY!!![/YOUTUBE]

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Earl Grey tea... love this. Also quite like green tea and herbal teas.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OMG I totally bought some fancy and hopefully romantic tea when I was at Dean & Deluca today!

"Eros Tea Bags
Eros may be the Roman counterpart of Cupid, but we don't think he'll need to shoot any arrows to coax you into loving this terrific black tea scented with floral notes. In convenient tea bags for simple, one-cup brewing - and fragrant, this is one tea you will want to send to someone you love. France"

Eros Tea Bags - Dean & DeLuca

Had this again today. Yum.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Gingerbread Spice herbal tea by Celestial Seasonings + milk/cream + sweetener =

liquid gingerbread cookies :cookie:

:drool:

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gingerbread Spice herbal tea by Celestial Seasonings + milk/cream + sweetener =

liquid gingerbread cookies :cookie:

:drool:

Celestial Seasonings, is that the company with the adorable pictures on the boxes? Love those! There was something magical about them when I was a kid.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
TWINGS Apple Mint Tea has always been my favorite.

Oh, I'm also a big fan of Japanese Green Tea.

Kriash

Resident Apple Hoarder
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
My favorite is Earl Grey, though I like pretty much anything. I don't do well with really floral teas though, and some herbal teas make my mouth itch(not sure what is in them that do it though.) I have some black current tea that's pretty good now, as well as some orange spice that is nice too.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Celestial Seasonings, is that the company with the adorable pictures on the boxes? Love those! There was something magical about them when I was a kid.

Yep, that's the one!

They used to sell it at Christmas time, so I would stock up. Then one year it was really hard to find, but I finally found it somewhere, so I stocked up and rationed them to myself. Then the next year I couldn't find them at all in the stores anymore, noooooooo!

:overreact: :panic:

Then my (then) boyfriend found them online and ordered a bunch for me as a Christmas present. So I married him and we lived happily ever after. The End.

:heart:

N

NPcomplete

I adore Earl Grey but to keep it special, I drink other types of tea more often (Orange Pekoe [disappointing name btw]). Earl Grey with milk and cookies = :heart::heart::heart:. I also like jasmine green tea and chai (well what they sell as chai..not sure how to call it since chai really just means tea).

I've never really tried herbal teas though as I'm not sure which ones to try.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you guys go to specialty tea shops or what? Most grocery stores in my area just have the regulars - orange pekoe of course, earl grey usually, english breakfast or chai sometimes, and then a massive assortment of herbal teas.

My favourite is either earl grey or english breakfast depending on my mood. I have about 10 boxes of tea that I drink regularly, mostly herbal variety-wise but volume-wise I drink way more black tea.

My tea habit has worsened now that I no longer have a coffee pot, not that I used it much anyway.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never really tried herbal teas though as I'm not sure which ones to try.

It depends what you're in the mood for. I like drinking peppermint tea (either alone or with milk and/or honey), it's refreshing and along the same flavour lines as earl grey, somehow. Camomile tea is nice with milk and honey for relaxing although it is very mild tasting. I like the bedtime tea blend for when I don't want to drink caffeine but I want a more interesting flavour than camomile. I like the various fruit teas for when I want to drink more-interesting-flavoured hot water (I don't add anything).

I like herbal teas because even the amount of caffeine in black tea can sometimes make it hard to sleep if I drink it in the evening. And warm drinks are awesome, in winter especially.

N

NPcomplete

It depends what you're in the mood for. I like drinking peppermint tea (either alone or with milk and/or honey), it's refreshing and along the same flavour lines as earl grey, somehow. Camomile tea is nice with milk and honey for relaxing although it is very mild tasting. I like the bedtime tea blend for when I don't want to drink caffeine but I want a more interesting flavour than camomile. I like the various fruit teas for when I want to drink more-interesting-flavoured hot water (I don't add anything).

I like herbal teas because even the amount of caffeine in black tea can sometimes make it hard to sleep if I drink it in the evening. And warm drinks are awesome, in winter especially.

Oh nice! Thanks! I'll write down the names and check them out next time I go grocery shopping. :D

N

NPcomplete

I just read about lavender tea. Seems delicious.

There's also bubble tea (aka one of the loves of my life)!

Mitsuko Souma

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
My favorite tea is White tea though I do like Green tea as well from time to time.