• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Documentary on the roughest toughest race in the world

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This seems interesting... I'm a little bit fascinated by the concept of the ultra-marathon. I have a friend who does them- American expat living in Australia. I bet he'd be game to give this a try. He doesn't have the sense God gave a mule in that way. (For the record he's extremely intelligent and one of my favorite people on the planet but he seems to love putting his body through hell.)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Also I read the thread title in Yosemite Sam's voice. I think you should add "rootin'-tootin'est" to it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh my gosh, I have a new signature:

"You haven't tested your limit until you try something you can't do. Then you know where your limit is. Right there where I quit: that was it."

Beorn

Permabanned
This seems interesting... I'm a little bit fascinated by the concept of the ultra-marathon. I have a friend who does them- American expat living in Australia. I bet he'd be game to give this a try. He doesn't have the sense God gave a mule in that way. (For the record he's extremely intelligent and one of my favorite people on the planet but he seems to love putting his body through hell.)

There's a lot of smart people that run ultras. One of the guys that always won fastest fatboy (+200 lbs) in the races I used to do was a 6 foot 6 spartan-esque neurosurgeon.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just finished watching. That was neat. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm in awe of people who are not only in the physical condition to do this stuff, but have the mental gonads to attempt it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Also I would definitely get in an elevator with my ultramarathon friend. He's one of the most excellent people I've ever met.

Beorn

Permabanned
I wish I could express the extent of Barkley's craziness. I've run 40 miles in the blue ridge mountains in a failed attempt to finish a 50 mile race. Barkley might be twice as long as that race, but it is exponentially more difficult. If I had been able to train under better circumstances I would have finished that race quite handily. I think most people could run 50 miles with proper training. I don't think there's any amount of training I could do that would enable me to ever finish Barkley.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my exhusband did triathlons. he was completely nuts. he even decided to run to the airport instead of drive once while training. it's a good 25-30 min drive.

it's cool tho to see people so determined to accomplish goals they set for themselves.

Qre:us

Wow!! This is amazing. I've never heard of ultra-marathons but after watching this doc, I started looking it up online - and there's some pretty crazy races out there.

Most fascinating is people's motivation to take part in things like this. Crazy.

And, now I feel incredibly lazy.