• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Motion Sickness

Did you use to get motion (car) sickness? Rate 1 to 5, 5 being very often...

• Total voters

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
:( Unfortunately, I can. I got very, very sea-sick when I was on a large boat once.. however, small boats seem fine with me. Also, never when I'm driving.. Usually I get a little car sick when I'm riding passenger over hills and dips, and almost always in the back seat of extended rides.

yeghor

:( Unfortunately, I can. I got very, very sea-sick when I was on a large boat once.. however, small boats seem fine with me. Also, never when I'm driving.. Usually I get a little car sick when I'm riding passenger over hills and dips, and almost always in the back seat of extended rides.

I don't seem to get affected that much when I am the driver but affected more when at the back seat too...

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Not from cars. Planes don't bother me, either. I can't handle spinning or watching video that spins or does other weird things. And I've been seasick.

Ingrid in grids

I seem to only get motion sickness from riding in cars, and sometimes buses. The lower the car is to the ground, the worse it is. I can avoid motion sickness if I drive, which is why I prefer to drive whenever I can.

W

WhoCares

Not experienced motion sickness in my life. I attribute it to sending an inordinate amount of time being dizzy as a small child. I love spinning...:happy2:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd have to say this doesn't have to do with type at all. Some people are more or less prone to it based on a host of physiological factors.

I'm fine on rollercoasters and anything like that.

I only experience motion sickness if I read in a car/bus/boat plane, or if certain people are driving instead of me, & weaving unpredictably through heavy urban traffic, where there's that combination of aggressive motion side to side but also the abrupt stop n' go as well. That puts me right over. Never happens if I drive myself.

Meclizine (over-the-counter medication - trade name Bonine) helps counter the imbalance perceived by the vestibular system when we experience motion sickness or vertigo, etc. Taken 15min-1/2 hour before you get in the car prevents the motionsickness altogether, ime. Relieves existing symptoms of motion sickness within 15-20min. Bonine comes in a chewable tablet, which works a bit faster than other OTC meclizine products. Mentions drowsiness can occur, but I've never experienced that, & I'm rather sensitive to sedatives.

Anyway, hope this is useful. Carsickness sucks.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Only when unable to sight a skyline (or distant set point) while moving. When riding as a passenger in a vehicle during low light times, and inside ships (Space Mountain or the teacups in Disneyland).

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I absolutely hate roller coasters.

And yet a car on the highway goes faster than the average roller coaster.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only if I'm reading or focusing on something inside the car. I've always been that way.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wuss. ;)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As a kid I would get carsick if I was reading. Also, my dad was usually smoking in the car.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
As a kid I would get carsick if I was reading. Also, my dad was usually smoking in the car.

Yeah me too, particulary when reading in a car. (But my dad doesn't smoke.) He had to stop the car once in France because I was vomiting after about 18 u-turns while reading comics. I also vomited on board of a ferry once, but so did about tens of other people. It was due to rough weather.

I love rollercoasters. Never make me sick. But things that continuously go round and round make me sick. And the pirate boat is a nightmare.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I get motion sickness at least once a day or every two days. All the fucknig time. I carry around anti-nausea pills in my purse just as I carry mints or gum.

I used to throw up all the time as a child. As an adult, I never throw up, although at times it gets so bad, it causes me to become very very faint, and immediately need to lie down or stop moving.
It's even worse when I'm on birth control.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Never happened to me

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Only when I was sick in the first place. One time I was recovering from the stomach flu as a kid and went on a field trip to a small nearby amusement park (which I would have normally loved) and was just popping Pepto tablets the whole day, praying I wouldn't barf on anyone.

Motion sickness runs in both sides of my family. My dad's sisters and most of their children have it moderately, and my mom's side of the family has it awful to the point where seeing a boat rocking on a TV show makes them agitated.