• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can' t get fit...

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Your hips and breasts are part of your power. You should be proud of them rather than wanting them to go away. You can be the person you want to be and still have a womanly body.
Excuse me, but so far I haven' t seen any power they gave me. No extra brain sections, no extra strength, no extra speed. They only make it uncomfortable to move and give the attention I don' t want. Why should I not want them to go away? Also, you say exactly what my mother said, but what my mother said didn' t affect me a little bit.
I still dont understand.

What does all this have to do with having large hips/breasts?

Having large hips/breasts is just the way your body is, you cant do much to change that without seriously risking your health. Having large hips/breasts doesnt mean you have to depend on men. Why would it?

I think you're just associating this with being conventionally female/girly, which doesnt resonate with the way you are inside. But like Tiltyred said, you have to embrace how you are physically, that is the feminist thing to do here, not want to chage your body.
It' s not only about my outer image, it' s also about my body being practical to use. Like I said, my hips make it harder to poise, and also make it harder to do push - ups, and my breasts limit the angle of my hands' movement. Like nature gave me the functions for my body I wanted it to have the least.
I haven't read any replies, so sorry if anything I've said is being repeated.

- You're 17. My body was still drastically changing at 17, and I didn't get my lady like curves perfected until well into my 20s. You have a ways to go yet, the body doesn't stop developing at puberty, it just goes through its most radical of changes then. Also, the refining changes are what will define you.

- That said, you're still getting a pretty good idea of what you look like now. And clearly it isn't something you're happy with. While fat cannot really be lost the way you'd like it to, in the places you'd like it to (seriously, most of the time, if you want it gone somewhere, it'll melt everywhere else faster), and there has to be a moment where you realize that your body will never be perfect. You mentioned being a perfectionist... there's going to be a long, bumpy road of self acceptance with that attitude. Be a perfectionist in other areas of life--learning a new skill, getting good grades, doing things on time... this isn't really the place to be perfect. For many, many reasons. You really cannot choose your body type--I'll never be a big busted, tall, lengthy, lithe female. I'm very low-center-of-gravity, thick legged, small breasted, wild red haired woman.. and while I look at those sultry, sexy women with their deep mysterious tones and musical, full lips and perfect waves in their straight hair and think "omg sooo awesome", it isn't who I am. You have to find what will make you happy before you can start getting happy. And that happiness has to be a realistic goal.

- Your body is going through a lot of hormonal changes... and those changes could be completely natural. Or they could be signs of something wrong. There are a lot of thyroid issues in people with weight challenges, but I wouldn't jump right away to that. There are a lot of foods out there that trigger hormone receptors, and a lot of research is being done on inflammation and hormones and foods that mimic hormones. An anti-inflammatory diet might be something to investigate and look into, because many foods perceived to be healthy can trigger inflammation. It's something worth delving into some research face-time with, and scholastic libraries are a great place to look for that stuff. Just something to keep in the back of your head.

- You're 17. Chances are you don't have the funds for a personal trainer. What you do have, though, is time. And time is probably better than a personal trainer. There are a LOT of exercise routines, work outs, and things that are designed to make you lose weight. And they will all work--if you're doing them right. There's a lot of science and mechanics behind weight loss and toning, and muscle building (which is essential for shedding off pounds.. I don't think 5lb weights are going to be heavy duty enough for what you're looking for.) and TONS of free resources online that have a lot of fact-based material. You should build a balanced regimen of cardio, weight lifting, body-weight, and yoga/stretching exercises that challenges you each and every time but doesn't destroy your body and gives it time to recover. If something is killing you, it's too much. If you're panting, and tired, and sweaty, and feeling a little weak afterwards, that's about right. Listen to your body, and don't be scared to challenge yourself. Your weight loss you mentioned is great actually--change is slow and you WANT it to be (ever see those drastic short-term big-weight-loss ladies and men? The skin needs time to adjust to the weight loss too, otherwise it'll sag and fold) so your system can adjust to each pound being shed. it's a GOOD, healthy thing. Plateaus will happen too--where you'll gain muscle, lose fat, and it'll come out 'even' on the scale. Don't be scared of them. Just keep going--or change up your work out routine.

- Diet is a huge factor. There are people intolerant to all sorts of things, and those allergies can develop at any age--at 27 I'm suddenly allergic to hemp. No idea why, but I just magically decided hemp drives my body bananas. Changing a diet too drastically can shock your body, and take it a while to adjust.. start slow, keep a food diary and journal, pay attention to the ingredient lists, and do a simple calculation of what your calories should be for carbs, protein, and fats. See if that actually adds up on your food diary. There's a lot of cute, awesome apps to help you along the way.

- Sleep and hydration are important. Water and sleep are linked a lot to weight loss and health.. it's another important thing to keep in mind. Stay in touch with your doctor on this.

Most importantly, remember any effort is better than no effort, and you're on the right track. Stick with it, don't be discouraged, and if you want support we're all here for you. You could start a diary/journal here, and I know I and several other people on here would love to read it and cheer you on on this journey.

Thanks for advice, but I' m not going to accept my body as it is. Like I said, I deem my breasts and my hips impractical, and I must remove somthing that is impractical for my body. I can' t love something that is like a spare leg to me. And it' s not about looking at hot supermodels and wanting to be like them. I never gave a damn about being conventionally beautiful. It' s more about my own vision of myself and my practical needs.
Also, I drink a lot of water, but so far, unfortunately, a lot of sleep is a luxury for me, since I' m entering the university this year, and I have to study a lot.
And also, I didn' t consult with a doctor when I decided to lose weight. Doctors are too expensive and visiting them is time - consuming. I just knew that my weight is not normal for my height, and calculating my body index proved that, so I have no doubts that I need to get fit.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Excuse me, but so far I haven' t seen any power they gave me. No extra brain sections, no extra strength, no extra speed. They only make it uncomfortable to move and give the attention I don' t want. Why should I not want them to go away? Also, you say exactly what my mother said, but what my mother said didn' t affect me a little bit.

It' s not only about my outer image, it' s also about my body being practical to use. Like I said, my hips make it harder to poise, and also make it harder to do push - ups, and my breasts limit the angle of my hands' movement. Like nature gave me the functions for my body I wanted it to have the least.

Thanks for advice, but I' m not going to accept my body as it is. Like I said, I deem my breasts and my hips impractical, and I must remove somthing that is impractical for my body. I can' t love something that is like a spare leg to me. And it' s not about looking at hot supermodels and wanting to be like them. I never gave a damn about being conventionally beautiful. It' s more about my own vision of myself and my practical needs.
Also, I drink a lot of water, but so far, unfortunately, a lot of sleep is a luxury for me, since I' m entering the university this year, and I have to study a lot.
And also, I didn' t consult with a doctor when I decided to lose weight. Doctors are too expensive and visiting them is time - consuming. I just knew that my weight is not normal for my height, and calculating my body index proved that, so I have no doubts that I need to get fit.

Re the body acceptance: Breasts and hips will shrink with the rest of the body. I'm saying there is a possibility that your body and natural components were designed to be a bit bigger than some women's. Even at my height of fitness, at 119 lbs (I'm 130 now), and ripped with muscle, I still had tiny tiny breasts and thick legs and caboose. You might make a goal weight, and lose that weight, only to find that your breasts are still bigger than you'd desire, and your hips wider than you'd like. I'm just saying that if you make a goal weight, lose it, and like what you see it'd be a lot easier on your heart than making a goal weight, losing it, and realizing you weren't being realistic in how your body would change.
Your breasts, if they are extremely large, might call for a breast reduction--especially if they cause pain to your back eventually, or something like that. But unless they go past DD cups, I wouldn't worry about that, they'll reduce a bit with weight loss.
When I hit 155 I knew I was too big. Even though I was a normal size for the people around me, and no one judged me at all for it, I knew it wasn't a healthy weight, and I started a weight loss routine as a result. But I had a goal that was based on things that weren't what I saw in the mirror--If I could do so many push ups, run so far, and be a certain weight and body fat percentage.

I understand about the sleep thing. What I do, which isn't much, is go based on circadian rhythm sleeping. I don't ever get 8 hours of sleep. I go for 90 minute intervals. I aim for 6 hours absolute minimum, 7 1/2 hours, and 9 hours, because the sleep rhythms usually happen on those intervals. It's an easier way to get well rested during times of stress. I go to college full time in an accelerated bachelor's degree program for nursing, I take care of two sick parents and family members, I cook all of my meals myself, and I'm active in my community.. so I know lack of sleep sucks and happens frequently. But you have to make time for it whenever possible, and get it consistently.

Re doctors: There are usually free resources in many communities that offer nutrition advice from dieticians and such. I'd research that and just occasionally drop into something like that and see how it's moving and grooving for you, and if they have anything to say on the matter. I use free resources for all of my health care needs, and while it costs me a bit of my time, I save all of my money to make up for it, which is a more precious commodity in college.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=19831]Elaine[/MENTION]

Fastest way, join a kickboxing class and combine with weight lifting (there's other ways, but hitting shit is fun).

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So people equals shit?:D

So they make these things called "punching bags." Silly guy.

bBVS9Cf.jpg

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyway, in all seriousness, I've tried every workout, exercise, diet under the sun (Ok maybe not Zumba). But I've never seen people become more fit, lose more weight quicker than being active at an MMA gym. several guys I know lost 60lbs in 3 months. And you don't ever have to hit someone or get hit, if you don't want to.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Anyway, in all seriousness, I've tried every workout, exercise, diet under the sun (Ok maybe not Zumba). But I've never seen people become more fit, lose more weight quicker than being active at an MMA gym. several guys I know lost 60lbs in 3 months. And you don't ever have to hit someone or get hit, if you don't want to.

I agree, I felt completely in shape when I was part of a kickboxing gym in my area that let me attend classes for free because I was too poor. (They shut down, go figure, because people were too poor but wanted to go anyways lol.) I really loved just pouring sweat after Krav Maga classes too. They sometimes have 'boot camp' style classes for free in local areas if you check meetup.com

Zumba's kiiiinda fun...

I found it horribly boring. But it might be less.. er.. aggressive than MMA. :D

I found Contra dancing to be more fun than Zumba... and Zumba was really bad on my hips, since there was a ton of hip movement the whole time :( and my hips are bad. I did one class and was like "never again." Contra dancing you dance with other people, even if you don't know how, and I found I worked up more of a sweat doing that than I ever did with Zumba.. more of your mind being used with your body.

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Re the body acceptance: Breasts and hips will shrink with the rest of the body. I'm saying there is a possibility that your body and natural components were designed to be a bit bigger than some women's. Even at my height of fitness, at 119 lbs (I'm 130 now), and ripped with muscle, I still had tiny tiny breasts and thick legs and caboose. You might make a goal weight, and lose that weight, only to find that your breasts are still bigger than you'd desire, and your hips wider than you'd like. I'm just saying that if you make a goal weight, lose it, and like what you see it'd be a lot easier on your heart than making a goal weight, losing it, and realizing you weren't being realistic in how your body would change.
Your breasts, if they are extremely large, might call for a breast reduction--especially if they cause pain to your back eventually, or something like that. But unless they go past DD cups, I wouldn't worry about that, they'll reduce a bit with weight loss.
When I hit 155 I knew I was too big. Even though I was a normal size for the people around me, and no one judged me at all for it, I knew it wasn't a healthy weight, and I started a weight loss routine as a result. But I had a goal that was based on things that weren't what I saw in the mirror--If I could do so many push ups, run so far, and be a certain weight and body fat percentage.

I understand about the sleep thing. What I do, which isn't much, is go based on circadian rhythm sleeping. I don't ever get 8 hours of sleep. I go for 90 minute intervals. I aim for 6 hours absolute minimum, 7 1/2 hours, and 9 hours, because the sleep rhythms usually happen on those intervals. It's an easier way to get well rested during times of stress. I go to college full time in an accelerated bachelor's degree program for nursing, I take care of two sick parents and family members, I cook all of my meals myself, and I'm active in my community.. so I know lack of sleep sucks and happens frequently. But you have to make time for it whenever possible, and get it consistently.

Re doctors: There are usually free resources in many communities that offer nutrition advice from dieticians and such. I'd research that and just occasionally drop into something like that and see how it's moving and grooving for you, and if they have anything to say on the matter. I use free resources for all of my health care needs, and while it costs me a bit of my time, I save all of my money to make up for it, which is a more precious commodity in college.
I don' t think breast reduction is possible for me so far, because I' m underage, it' s expensive, and the quality of plastic surgery isn' t always good in my country( I mean, there are scam clinics that, instead of making it better, can make it worse) .
Also, I don' t think dancing in pairs or with someone else would work for me, because I' m bad at it. I used to attend hip - hop classes 3 years ago, so I' m not that bad in dancing on my own. Dancing in pairs, however, is a disaster for me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found it horribly boring. But it might be less.. er.. aggressive than MMA. :D

I found Contra dancing to be more fun than Zumba... and Zumba was really bad on my hips, since there was a ton of hip movement the whole time :( and my hips are bad. I did one class and was like "never again." Contra dancing you dance with other people, even if you don't know how, and I found I worked up more of a sweat doing that than I ever did with Zumba.. more of your mind being used with your body.

yeah i've only done it like twice, but it was fun to shake it a little :)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I don' t think breast reduction is possible for me so far, because I' m underage, it' s expensive, and the quality of plastic surgery isn' t always good in my country( I mean, there are scam clinics that, instead of making it better, can make it worse) .
Also, I don' t think dancing in pairs or with someone else would work for me, because I' m bad at it. I used to attend hip - hop classes 3 years ago, so I' m not that bad in dancing on my own. Dancing in pairs, however, is a disaster for me.

I wouldn't recommend any kind of surgery unless it was a last ditch effort anyways. You're far too young to worry right now.

I am also bad at pair dancing. Contra tells you what to do and is fairly easy even for people with two left feet like me. If that makes you feel any better. Not selling it to ya but it is the easiest dancing I've done in a group setting of any sort.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'm no expert so please be careful if you want to pursue a chemical route to weight loss.

5-HTP: Is This Right for You?

"Would It Work for Me?
5-HTP has been studied for over 30 years. Several clinical trials have shown that it works to lower the number of calories eaten and aids in weight loss. One study compared overweight women who took 200 mg of 5-HTP before each meal to those who took a placebo. The women who took the supplement ate 1,084 fewer calories per day and felt less hungry during the day. In another study, women who took 5-HTP lost 10.3 pounds over 12 weeks, compared to 2.2 pounds in the placebo group.

Experts and researchers agree that 5-HTP works best for those who constantly crave food around the clock – especially carbs."