• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can' t get fit...

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
So... I never was particularly thin. Most people in my family are big boned and plump, and so was I. It didn' t really bug me until recently, since beauty and attention of opposite sex never were my first priorities, but other reasons appeared for me to lose weight. Currently my weight is 79 kilos, and my height is 168 cm. My fattiness isn' t seen that much with my clothes on me, but there is one thing: I have large boobs and hips. I know, many other girls my age would like to have these, but not me. My mom also says that I should be proud of my boobs, but I hate them. To me it always seems uncomfortable( my breasts always rise every time I run, and it' s embarrassing) and disgusting. I' m only 17, I am a feminist, I try to look strong and confident, but I end up looking like some shy housewife( And that' s while being only 17! ) . There were certain events in my life that made me shy, but I can work it out myself, and I guess I' m succeeding at that. But with my weight, things aren' t that successful. I' ve been working out for about a month, but I haven' t achieved much. I' ve been doing different kinds of exercises, I did twice the norms of these exercises per day, I stopped eating sweets, I hardly ever eat bread, I don' t consume fatty meat at all, and eat red fish instead, I replaced all the fatty meals I usually eat for dinner with boiled rice or buckwheat, and yet I lost only about 3 kilos this month. This might already be a progress, but being the self - demanding perfectionist I am, I want to lose more.
I can' t do any kinds of surgery, since I' m underage, surgery costs a lot, and in my country it' s quality isn' t always the best( I mean, there are bigger chances the surgery would be unsuccessful, and a list of horrible side effects might follow) .
Any advice on reducing weight?

yeghor

So... I never was particularly thin. Most people in my family are big boned and plump, and so was I. It didn' t really bug me until recently, since beauty and attention of opposite sex never were my first priorities, but other reasons appeared for me to lose weight. Currently my weight is 79 kilos, and my height is 168 cm. My fattiness isn' t seen that much with my clothes on me, but there is one thing: I have large boobs and hips. I know, many other girls my age would like to have these, but not me. My mom also says that I should be proud of my boobs, but I hate them. To me it always seems uncomfortable( my breasts always rise every time I run, and it' s embarrassing) and disgusting. I' m only 17, I am a feminist, I try to look strong and confident, but I end up looking like some shy housewife( And that' s while being only 17! ) . There were certain events in my life that made me shy, but I can work it out myself, and I guess I' m succeeding at that. But with my weight, things aren' t that successful. I' ve been working out for about a month, but I haven' t achieved much. I' ve been doing different kinds of exercises, I did twice the norms of these exercises per day, I stopped eating sweets, I hardly ever eat bread, I don' t consume fatty meat at all, and eat red fish instead, I replaced all the fatty meals I usually eat for dinner with boiled rice or buckwheat, and yet I lost only about 3 kilos this month. This might already be a progress, but being the self - demanding perfectionist I am, I want to lose more.
I can' t do any kinds of surgery, since I' m underage, surgery costs a lot, and in my country it' s quality isn' t always the best( I mean, there are bigger chances the surgery would be unsuccessful, and a list of horrible side effects might follow) .

I have a negative perception of this whole feminism business... "I try to look strong and confident" -> How does this affect your interaction with men?

2-4 kilos a month is the suggested weight loss rate... Regulate your meal portions... Don't eat bread... Avoid oily\fatty food... Eat rice and macaroni or similar stuff in portions the size of your fist... Get protein from lean meat... Eat low fat dairy...

Eat almonds or fruits (in moderation) in between meals to keep the body from slowing down your metabolic rate (the body wants to conserve energry when hungry)...

Most of the weight loss process is about diet... exercise helps too... Do cardio 60% of the time in gym and strength training with free weights 40% of the time...

Have your thyroid and other hormone secreting organs checked for hormonal imbalance (thru blood testing)... Thyroid dysfunctions affect metabolism...

gromit

likes this
What are your goals? Do you want to be fit (healthy, strong body, well-trained cardiopulmonary and aerobic systems)? Or do you want to be skinny with small hips and breasts?

The former is definitely achievable with effort. It sounds like you on the right track, cutting out sweets, doing exercise and that sort of thing. Which exercises are you doing, if you don't mind sharing the details? If you have access to one, I'd def recommend talking to an athletic trainer. S/he will help you develop and progress a routine that will work towards your goals and target possible areas of weakness as well.

The latter is also related to training and diet, but there is also a genetic component. You are 17, so that means you are still growing into yourself and your new, mature body. I remember when I hit puberty and kinda felt betrayed, like this form I knew and had inhabited for years and years - had swung from trees in and sprinted across pavement barefooted in and completely carelessly un-self-conciously run around in a bathing suit in - had suddenly gone and changed on me and I didn't really even know who I was anymore. I couldn't do everything I used to, couldn't do 18 chin-ups anymore. Guys were looking at me differently. Girl classmates were looking at me differently. It took me awhile to feel at home and truly accept and even embrace it. And being involved in sports and other physical activities definitely played a huge role in that. In confidence and in body image, and it also did help me to trim out a little, didn't end up losing any actual weight, but it definitely developed more muscle compared to fat.

So at least a part of the goal is to accept your body's blueprint and try to optimize what God (or nature or whatever you believe in) has given you. Loving it, loving what it can do, taking good care of it, and being the healthiest, happiest version of yourself.

Oh god I'm getting so cheesy! :alttongue:

The other thing is, try not to be discouraged about feeling like you aren't making progress. You can expect to lose about ~5lb/2.5kg per month (if you are overweight), but probably losing more weight more quickly than that is both unhealthy and unreasonable. So, even if you aren't seeing pounds/kilos coming off as fast as you'd like, you are still making progress. Your body is getting stronger and healthier. And you should feel proud of yourself for making a choice to change your life and following through with that.

gromit

likes this
I have a negative perception of this whole feminism business... "I try to look strong and confident" -> How does this affect your interaction with men?

:thelook:

Being confident and comfortable in yourself, regardless of gender, is part of the groundwork for a healthy relationship...

W

WhoCares

My advice to you Elaine is this....you're only 17 your hormones are gearing up at this time so weight loss is not going to be what your body is trying to do right now. Like you I came from a family that seemed on the heavier side with large hips and breasts (I'm an E cup) and I alays assumed this was my natural body type, especially looking at my family also. In my 20's I could not lose weight no matter what I tried, and I tried the lot, Body For Life workouts and diet, martial arts, intense cardio etc. i was in the gym religioiusly 6 days a week and still nothing. At that time I was 65kgs and a AU size 12. I'm only 5ft tall so that is quite heavy! My face was always puffy, round with no definition at a time most women look their best. It was depressing and I had looked like this since my late teens.

But two things happened for me....

1. I found out I am actually grain intolerant, despite being raised on a grain heavy diet. Intolerance means I dont get sick from eating grain but I constantly bloat and put on weight dispoportionate to my calorific intake.

2. Once I hit my thirties and stopped eating grain I lost a massive amount of weight in 12 weeks doing no other exercise than walking. Two things there, one was a hormone change in my body owing to passing the age of prime fertility. The other was i had stopped ingesting things which were causing a chronic allergic reaction (blowting and weight gain).

Fir the first time since I was 10 I became my normal natural weight, which is about 50kgs, size AU 6. I didnt lose any weight off my chest, I'm still an E cup even at that size but my hips are not naturally 100cm, they are acutally about 88cm. Of course I was thrilled to discover this. So even though you might think you are naturally hevy, it could be you just think you are becuse of how your family appear. My mother has always been dumpy as long as I've been alive but I did find a photo of her in her late teens looking extremely svelte, so dumpiness was not her natural figure either. So we can make assumptions that arent necessarily valid.

If you are heavy chested, as I am, I found that any kind of running\jumping cardio is just not worth doing. There is no bra on the planet that makes those activities pleasant. For my body I find a quick paced walk is the best cardio, and most enjoyable. Aside form that other exercise that works well for me is yoga, martial arts as these tend to be a combination of muscle training and light cardio. Once you attain your natural, healthy and fit body you will actually find comfort with your chest size as well. I always cursed my chest for making me look frumpy, but let me tell you, that chest on a petite hourglass frame looks anything but frumpy. :D And ironically, once I lost the puffiness in my face and got definition in my lower body, my chest looked a lot more proportional, not overly big at all. Most people are surprised whenI tell them I am an E cup as I look more like a healthy C or D.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A

You only just start to see results after three to four weeks, so this is nothing to worry about. Just getting fitter will reduce your boob volume, that's generally the first place girls lose fat unfortunately. I hate to say it but a lot of this is discipline. Once you get through the first six weeks training will start to become routine, but you have to have the willpower to push through to that stage. I have bailed out a couple of times because I couldn't get a structure to a training program. My advice is going to be pretty ordinary...watch your calorie intake and alternate between cardio and resistance workouts. Be patient and the results will come.

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9

2-4 kilos a month is the suggested weight loss rate... Regulate your meal portions... Don't eat bread... Avoid oily\fatty food... Eat rice and macaroni or similar stuff in portions the size of your fist... Get protein from lean meat... Eat low fat dairy...

Eat almonds or fruits (in moderation) in between meals to keep the body from slowing down your metabolic rate (the body wants to conserve energry when hungry)...

Most of the weight loss process is about diet... exercise helps too... Do cardio 60% of the time in gym and strength training with free weights 40% of the time...

Have your thyroid and other hormone secreting organs checked for hormonal imbalance (thru blood testing)... Thyroid dysfunctions affect metabolism...

What are your goals? Do you want to be fit (healthy, strong body, well-trained cardiopulmonary and aerobic systems)? Or do you want to be skinny with small hips and breasts?

The former is definitely achievable with effort. It sounds like you on the right track, cutting out sweets, doing exercise and that sort of thing. Which exercises are you doing, if you don't mind sharing the details? If you have access to one, I'd def recommend talking to an athletic trainer. S/he will help you develop and progress a routine that will work towards your goals and target possible areas of weakness as well.

The latter is also related to training and diet, but there is also a genetic component. You are 17, so that means you are still growing into yourself and your new, mature body. I remember when I hit puberty and kinda felt betrayed, like this form I knew and had inhabited for years and years - had swung from trees in and sprinted across pavement barefooted in and completely carelessly un-self-conciously run around in a bathing suit in - had suddenly gone and changed on me and I didn't really even know who I was anymore. I couldn't do everything I used to, couldn't do 18 chin-ups anymore. Guys were looking at me differently. Girl classmates were looking at me differently. It took me awhile to feel at home and truly accept and even embrace it. And being involved in sports and other physical activities definitely played a huge role in that. In confidence and in body image, and it also did help me to trim out a little, didn't end up losing any actual weight, but it definitely developed more muscle compared to fat.

So at least a part of the goal is to accept your body's blueprint and try to optimize what God (or nature or whatever you believe in) has given you. Loving it, loving what it can do, taking good care of it, and being the healthiest, happiest version of yourself.

Oh god I'm getting so cheesy! :alttongue:

The other thing is, try not to be discouraged about feeling like you aren't making progress. You can expect to lose about ~5lb/2.5kg per month (if you are overweight), but probably losing more weight more quickly than that is both unhealthy and unreasonable. So, even if you aren't seeing pounds/kilos coming off as fast as you'd like, you are still making progress. Your body is getting stronger and healthier. And you should feel proud of yourself for making a choice to change your life and following through with that.

Me getting fit doesn' t change my interaction with men at all. I never put romantic relationships as my goal, and I already once fell in love, but it was horrible for me, so I don' t want to do that again. Creating a family isn' t in my plans either. I am working to get fit for myself, so I wouldn' t be embarrassed when I look at myself in the mirror in the bathroom or when I go swimming to the beach in summer and people are watching me. I don' t want to be ashamed of myself. I want to love my body, so I must sculpt it so that it can be loved by myself. Being fatty damages my confidence, so it' s a problem. If it' s a problem for me, it should be solved.
Like I said, I don' t eat oily/ fatty food at all right now. And as for bread, I only eat rye bread, and only with red fish.
I want to both get fit and lose my breasts and hips.
Like I said, in order to love my body, I should make it likeable first. Because I am a demanding person, and besides, the fat makes me uncomfortable. How can I love something that is uncomfortable for me?
Keep at whatever's hard, I'm happy for you.

I' m sorry, but I didn' t uderstand what you were trying to say.

yeghor

:thelook:

Being confident and comfortable in yourself, regardless of gender, is part of the groundwork for a healthy relationship...

I was wondering how feminism played into all that (or dieting or self image) since she mentioned that...? Do women need to be a feminist to be confident and comfortable? What's the correlation?

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I was wondering how feminism played into all that (or dieting or self image) since she mentioned that...? Do women need to be a feminist to be confident and comfortable? What's the correlation?
Nope. I just also don' t like to look conventionally girly. That' s also one of the reasons I dislike my boobs. I' m not a lesbian, though. I just have a different image of what is beautiful.

gromit

likes this

There are plenty of women who don't identify as feminist who are confident and comfortable with themselves.

Nope. I just also don' t like to look conventionally girly. That' s also one of the reasons I dislike my boobs. I' m not a lesbian, though. I just have a different image of what is beautiful.

Being a feminist does not make a woman attracted to other women.

YIKES... this thread has gotten weird.

Anyway [MENTION=19831]Elaine[/MENTION], sounds like you don't like your body, wish it were different. Which is pretty much the norm for teenage girls... and, surprisingly and unfortunately, for many or possibly most grown women too. Even women that you would think have the "perfect" body, the body you would trade yours in for for an instant, they are still not satisfied. It's really sad to me.

I am nervous talking about weight loss because of the connection to eating disorders, I don't really understand how that psychological jump occurs for people.

It can be healthy to lose weight, but it can be extremely unhealthy as well.

I'm not sure if you read my whole post, but it sounds like you are on the right track, doing the right things to get your body fit and lose a bit of weight. My point is though, there are constraints of reality, genetics, and looking like a skinny, no-hip, no-boob model is not in the cards for most women. So just be careful. Don't get sooooo into losing weight that you put yourself into an unhealthy position. You may achieve the body you desire, but at what cost?

How do you love something that is uncomfortable for you?

When you come to see your body as something that is functional, rather than merely decorative, understand its capabilities, know how to push it, when it needs rest... when it becomes something you really are in touch with... you gain an appreciation for it and what it can do. You want to take care of it, you see its beauty and power and awesomeness.

And then you love it.

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
There are plenty of women who don't identify as feminist who are confident and comfortable with themselves.

Being a feminist does not make a woman attracted to other women.

YIKES... this thread has gotten weird.

Anyway [MENTION=19831]Elaine[/MENTION], sounds like you don't like your body, wish it were different. Which is pretty much the norm for teenage girls... and, surprisingly and unfortunately, for many or possibly most grown women too. Even women that you would think have the "perfect" body, the body you would trade yours in for for an instant, they are still not satisfied. It's really sad to me.

I am nervous talking about weight loss because of the connection to eating disorders, I don't really understand how that psychological jump occurs for people.

It can be healthy to lose weight, but it can be extremely unhealthy as well.

I'm not sure if you read my whole post, but it sounds like you are on the right track, doing the right things to get your body fit and lose a bit of weight. My point is though, there are constraints of reality, genetics, and looking like a skinny, no-hip, no-boob model is not in the cards for most women. So just be careful. Don't get sooooo into losing weight that you put yourself into an unhealthy position. You may achieve the body you desire, but at what cost?

How do you love something that is uncomfortable for you?

When you come to see your body as something that is functional, rather than merely decorative, understand its capabilities, know how to push it, when it needs rest... when it becomes something you really are in touch with... you gain an appreciation for it and what it can do. You want to take care of it, you see its beauty and power and awesomeness.

And then you love it.

I guess you don' t understand it completely. Not only I dislike it visually, but I also consider it impractical. It limits my strength, my comfortability. The hips make it harder to poise, and the boobs rise uncomfortably when I run. Besides, they limit the angle on which my hands can turn. I' m not going to have family or give birth to a baby, so I don' t need large hips anyway. But with small ones my movement coordination would have improved much more.

Because it is uncomfortable, doesn' t correspond with my inner self, the image I want for myself, and my goals in life. Conventionally, women should be nurturing, caring and submissive. I hate that. I am logical, calculated, assertive, independent, and I really feel dishonored when someone takes too much care of me( when I have to carry the bags, and my grandma insists on men carrying them, I feel embarrassed, because it looks like as if I have some disability with my hands and can' t carry them myself) . I believe that if I can do something on my own, I must do it myself instead of asking others( because I both won' t look like a disabled person in front of others and will do it better than others because i' m doing it for myself) , and if I can' t do something on my own, i should learn to do it so I won' t have to ask others to help me. The more self - sufficient I am, the better. Conventions say women should rely on man, stay at home and raise childrenand generally act one of those damsels in distress you see in movies( the last one would be a great dishonour for me to do) . Excuse me, but it' s up to me to decide on which I am going to use my organism for. I have a loner personality, I am much more into knowledge than family, and I believe I will be a much better computer programmer than a mother or a wife. Yes, I have reproduction organs. I can also eat insects, but I don' t because I consider it disgusting. Having the possibility to do something doesn' t mean you should always do it. I chose to pursue career and self - development in life insteaf of family. I have the right to do so. And no convention can tell me to change my mind. I just want to look what I am inside, so that people would stop mistaking me for some feminine touchy - feely sweetie.

gromit

likes this
I guess you don' t understand it completely. Not only I dislike it visually, but I also consider it impractical. It limits my strength, my comfortability. The hips make it harder to poise, and the boobs rise uncomfortably when I run. Besides, they limit the angle on which my hands can turn. I' m not going to have family or give birth to a baby, so I don' t need large hips anyway. But with small ones my movement coordination would have improved much more.
Ah I can see that then, from a practicality standpoint! Losing a bit of weight probably could help then, for sure.

Just make sure you continue to use the same healthy habits you've been working on thus far and don't over do it. If you have insurance or public healthcare, might be worth talking to a doctor about setting a reasonable target goal and timeline, since it is interfering with your ability to exercise to the extent you like. Definitely related to your health and quality of life.

In the meantime, until you do trim down so that breasts/hips are no longer interfering... some exercises that wouldn't require as much "jostling" of the girls could include walking on a treadmill on an incline (or hills if there are any near where you live) at a brisk pace... this can give you a cardiovascular/aerobic workout similar to jogging at a faster pace, but without the bouncing. Cycling is another good one. Swimming is too, if you are comfortable with that.

Because it is uncomfortable, doesn' t correspond with my inner self, the image I want for myself, and my goals in life. Conventionally, women should be nurturing, caring and submissive. I hate that. I am logical, calculated, assertive, independent, and I really feel dishonored when someone takes too much care of me( when I have to carry the bags, and my grandma insists on men carrying them, I feel embarrassed, because it looks like as if I have some disability with my hands and can' t carry them myself) . I believe that if I can do something on my own, I must do it myself instead of asking others( because I both won' t look like a disabled person in front of others and will do it better than others because i' m doing it for myself) , and if I can' t do something on my own, i should learn to do it so I won' t have to ask others to help me. The more self - sufficient I am, the better. Conventions say women should rely on man, stay at home and raise childrenand generally act one of those damsels in distress you see in movies( the last one would be a great dishonour for me to do) . Excuse me, but it' s up to me to decide on which I am going to use my organism for. I have a loner personality, I am much more into knowledge than family, and I believe I will be a much better computer programmer than a mother or a wife. Yes, I have reproduction organs. I can also eat insects, but I don' t because I consider it disgusting. Having the possibility to do something doesn' t mean you should always do it. I chose to pursue career and self - development in life insteaf of family. I have the right to do so. And no convention can tell me to change my mind. I just want to look what I am inside, so that people would stop mistaking me for some feminine touchy - feely sweetie.

Fair enough :)

I would like to point out that there is much more grey to the world than you are making things out to be. There's not just "tough smart lady" and "damsel in distress submissive wimpy woman". Same with life choices, they are not always either/or.

I will leave it at that.

Best of luck to you, Elaine. You are doing well, keep up the good fight, and definitely try to counsel with someone who is an expert on health and/or fitness to see about quantities, goals, targets, etc.

W

WALMART

I' m sorry, but I didn' t uderstand what you were trying to say.

Just, that you are seeing progress from your hard work, and I hope you keep it up :]

There is more to hard work than losing weight, you are gaining strength as well - that is something the simple solution will not provide.

Can you bicycle?

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yep, I can swim, but unfortunately, I can do this only when I go to the sea, which will happen in July, since in my country it would be expensive to enter a gym with a clean pool. And yes, I can cycle, but unfortunately I don' t have the space in my flat to keep a bicycle.
Well, I know there are middle standponts, I just know who I am inside, and I want to correspond with that. Besides, I see no reason for myself to change in different direction and become more feminine on the outside.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your hips and breasts are part of your power. You should be proud of them rather than wanting them to go away. You can be the person you want to be and still have a womanly body.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I still dont understand.

What does all this have to do with having large hips/breasts?

Having large hips/breasts is just the way your body is, you cant do much to change that without seriously risking your health. Having large hips/breasts doesnt mean you have to depend on men. Why would it?

I think you're just associating this with being conventionally female/girly, which doesnt resonate with the way you are inside. But like Tiltyred said, you have to embrace how you are physically, that is the feminist thing to do here, not want to chage your body.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I haven't read any replies, so sorry if anything I've said is being repeated.

- You're 17. My body was still drastically changing at 17, and I didn't get my lady like curves perfected until well into my 20s. You have a ways to go yet, the body doesn't stop developing at puberty, it just goes through its most radical of changes then. Also, the refining changes are what will define you.

- That said, you're still getting a pretty good idea of what you look like now. And clearly it isn't something you're happy with. While fat cannot really be lost the way you'd like it to, in the places you'd like it to (seriously, most of the time, if you want it gone somewhere, it'll melt everywhere else faster), and there has to be a moment where you realize that your body will never be perfect. You mentioned being a perfectionist... there's going to be a long, bumpy road of self acceptance with that attitude. Be a perfectionist in other areas of life--learning a new skill, getting good grades, doing things on time... this isn't really the place to be perfect. For many, many reasons. You really cannot choose your body type--I'll never be a big busted, tall, lengthy, lithe female. I'm very low-center-of-gravity, thick legged, small breasted, wild red haired woman.. and while I look at those sultry, sexy women with their deep mysterious tones and musical, full lips and perfect waves in their straight hair and think "omg sooo awesome", it isn't who I am. You have to find what will make you happy before you can start getting happy. And that happiness has to be a realistic goal.

- Your body is going through a lot of hormonal changes... and those changes could be completely natural. Or they could be signs of something wrong. There are a lot of thyroid issues in people with weight challenges, but I wouldn't jump right away to that. There are a lot of foods out there that trigger hormone receptors, and a lot of research is being done on inflammation and hormones and foods that mimic hormones. An anti-inflammatory diet might be something to investigate and look into, because many foods perceived to be healthy can trigger inflammation. It's something worth delving into some research face-time with, and scholastic libraries are a great place to look for that stuff. Just something to keep in the back of your head.

- You're 17. Chances are you don't have the funds for a personal trainer. What you do have, though, is time. And time is probably better than a personal trainer. There are a LOT of exercise routines, work outs, and things that are designed to make you lose weight. And they will all work--if you're doing them right. There's a lot of science and mechanics behind weight loss and toning, and muscle building (which is essential for shedding off pounds.. I don't think 5lb weights are going to be heavy duty enough for what you're looking for.) and TONS of free resources online that have a lot of fact-based material. You should build a balanced regimen of cardio, weight lifting, body-weight, and yoga/stretching exercises that challenges you each and every time but doesn't destroy your body and gives it time to recover. If something is killing you, it's too much. If you're panting, and tired, and sweaty, and feeling a little weak afterwards, that's about right. Listen to your body, and don't be scared to challenge yourself. Your weight loss you mentioned is great actually--change is slow and you WANT it to be (ever see those drastic short-term big-weight-loss ladies and men? The skin needs time to adjust to the weight loss too, otherwise it'll sag and fold) so your system can adjust to each pound being shed. it's a GOOD, healthy thing. Plateaus will happen too--where you'll gain muscle, lose fat, and it'll come out 'even' on the scale. Don't be scared of them. Just keep going--or change up your work out routine.

- Diet is a huge factor. There are people intolerant to all sorts of things, and those allergies can develop at any age--at 27 I'm suddenly allergic to hemp. No idea why, but I just magically decided hemp drives my body bananas. Changing a diet too drastically can shock your body, and take it a while to adjust.. start slow, keep a food diary and journal, pay attention to the ingredient lists, and do a simple calculation of what your calories should be for carbs, protein, and fats. See if that actually adds up on your food diary. There's a lot of cute, awesome apps to help you along the way.

- Sleep and hydration are important. Water and sleep are linked a lot to weight loss and health.. it's another important thing to keep in mind. Stay in touch with your doctor on this.

Most importantly, remember any effort is better than no effort, and you're on the right track. Stick with it, don't be discouraged, and if you want support we're all here for you. You could start a diary/journal here, and I know I and several other people on here would love to read it and cheer you on on this journey.

OrderOfTheCaelifera

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Last edited: