• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any Experience Freezing Lotion?

gromit

likes this
The body lotion/cream I like is on sale, was thinking of buying a couple and freezing the extras, but wasn't sure if that would cause the lotion to break down, like physically separate, or if it would break down any of the components or anything...

Has anyone ever tried that?

á´…eparted

passages
If the lotion is an emulsion, freezing it has the chance of causing it's constituents to separate and not be able to return back to its original form. I suspect though that (if it's water content is low) that it will solidify at a lower temperature than one would expect.

If you're curious, take a small sample and see what happens.

gromit

likes this
Yeah, that is a good idea. I would want to know before I buy a ton of it though...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Refrigerating it will help it last a lot longer, prevents the oils from going rancid, which is the main reason why lotions spoil and are a bad idea to buy in bulk. Maybe buy one extra, leave it in the fridge.

Just don't mistake it for salad dressing ;)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
The fridge will help. Bonus: if you're particularly hot that day, you can always rub some cold lotion on your arms :D