• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chocolate Addiction

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is your physiological relationship with chocolate?

My wife bet me I couldn't go an entire day without eating chocolate. So yesterday I attempted to go the entire day without eating anything containing chocolate. I felt fatigued in the morning, and by early afternoon I became very drowsy. This isn't normal for me.

By the time evening rolled around, apparently she felt so sorry for me that she ordered me to eat something with chocolate in it. It's not that I was complaining or whining for it, but she is very attuned to my emotions and needs, and having such a strong empathetic capacity she couldn't take any more of whatever was different about me that day.

How does chocolate affect you?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh weird. i don't have that with anything that specific but just sugared yumminess in general. i went off sugar once and was totally depressed.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah, the only thing i could relate that feeling to really was coffee. although, sometimes i feel like i need ice cream or chocolate. like a specific craving that won't go away until i have some.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's my drug of choice. Like you, I become agitated and restless when I don't get my daily dose, especially if I'm already stressed. It allows me to focus my mind and find some inner peace. I basically am addicted to the endorphins effect, that perfect minute of bliss you experience when you eat it. Suddenly, for just a second, the world is perfect again :heart:

Ahhh, instant mood elevator :D

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's warm and sweet and smooth and comforting. But that's really it for me. No major physiological effects.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I like it but I have it pretty rarely. I wonder if it's your caffeine delivery method? That's the only thing I can think of that would have that level of physiological effect on you.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not big candy/sweets person, but when I want candy usually prefer something like pie or sour candy. rarely do I eat chocolate.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
really, the only factor i could associate that sensation to really was java. although, sometimes i experience like i need ice lotion or candy. like a particular wanting that won't go away until i have some.

yeah, the only thing i could relate that feeling to really was coffee. although, sometimes i feel like i need ice cream or chocolate. like a specific craving that won't go away until i have some.

lol, really?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

really, the only factor i could associate that sensation to really was java. although, sometimes i experience like i need ice lotion or candy. like a particular wanting that won't go away until i have some.

Ice lotion? :thinking:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like it but it's not something I crave. I did eat a large amount of chocolate ice cream last night though :D
The one food that turns me into a junkie is fruit rollups or fruit gushers. I can't not eat the entire box, it's pretty disgusting.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I LOVE chocolate. :wubbie: I always, always, ALWAYS, have a bar of good 65-70% dark chocolate around to nibble at, preferably from Trader Joe's. :D I am probably addicted. But, I've decided I just don't really care. :shrug:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure about addiction for me, but I do like chocolate quite a bit, & certainly get cravings for it- but then I get cravings for other foods too, like chicken, or an apple, sushi, a big salad, etc. To me it feels like I'm usually just responding to a transient physiological trigger at a given moment.. something is depleted & my body's suggesting things on the menu to my brain, ha.

I do eat a square of good dark chocolate once a day on avg, accompanying my afternoon cup of coffee. (Lindt 90% dark is my new favorite, along with their chili-infused dark chocolate). I've gone without it for weeks and been just fine, but it's a nice little soothing break in the day.

I don't feel like I'd DIE without it, but I know it sure would suck if the world supply of chocolate were confiscated by menstruating rogue pirate space-aliens.

I'd be pretty pissed.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now I feel guilty, just got back from the store with a bag full of chocolate. But why...

:puppy_dog_eyes:

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I made the switch several years ago from eating candy bars to good quality dark chocolate (Ghirardelli, Lindt, and imported stuff) that isn't loaded with sugar, I found it to be much more satisfying and far less addicting, even though I like it a lot more. Candy bars and other cheap chocolate taste like crap to me now, I will never go back. I think the addiction is more related to how much sugar it has. I do eat chocolate pretty regularly, almost every day, but I don't pig out on it like I used to.

gromit

likes this
I'd prob choose chocolate over other sweets. I enjoy fancy extra dark stuff, but I also love snickers and reese's too.