• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I See Static

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Take television static, color it red, blue, and green, dull it, mute it, make it faint, and apply it to your entire field of vision. This is what I see, almost constantly.

The static isn't concentrated; it's spread out. It can be very faint, but I don't think it ever goes away. It doesn't change in size. It's easier to see inside than it is outside, and is easier to see in the dark than it is in the light. It's like a visual tinnitus. It's similar to, but not necessarily the same thing as, floaters, those colored bright blotches seen after you look at a bare light bulb or something. Sometimes the static will "sink" into patterns on floors and walls, but this is very uncommon. I've never suffered eye trauma. I don't use my laptop or television in dark rooms. I have 20/20 vision. I get plenty of sleep, I exercise, I eat well when I can. What's going on? Wikipedia has an article on something called "visual snow". It describes what I see, but offers no satisfactory conclusions, since I don't get migraines and have never used hallucinogens.

This may be unrelated, but some other visual "things" I've experienced are image trailing and objects swelling and shrinking and shifting.

So...any thoughts? Ideas? Explanations? Similar experiences? Etc?

Last edited:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you always had this condition? Ever seen an optometrist about it?

I mean, no offense, but we aren't really going to do much good speculating about your condition. If it's a real problem, see a professional.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
It's probably worth getting checked out by your optometrist or doctor.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah
its not an intp thing
do what they said

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds neurological, at least (ie not necessarily the eyes). It sounds like it's at least a little disturbing to you, so I'm agreeing with everyone else and suggesting you get it checked. Have you had this your entire life or is it a recent phenomenon?

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I'm not sure how long I've had it. I'm very used to it, so I guess I've had it for a while. It doesn't bother me, and doesn't really disturb me. Can't hurt to talk to some doctors, though.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Yes. I'm not sure why you haven't spoken to a doctor long before you brought it up here. It could be brain related.

For me, the left eye seems to see things slightly darker than the right. There's a line down the middle of the page as I type.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I never went to a doctor because I never saw it as a problem. I always considered it normal. But, I've finally become curious about it, and I realize that it can't hurt to get checked out by a doctor.