• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are you interested in a 2014 Exercise [and Diet] Challenge?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I'm in!

This thread always has helped me by just keeping me accountable.
Having someone to whom to report whether or not I have done my goals for the week has helped me to keep on going.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. I'm already skinny. Dieting is bad for me. I might die from it. Bye.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh I missed this thread earlier but I might participate. For Jan I'm going to go back to doing the health month thing (in a social group with another site I'm active on), so this could tie into that. My goals are gonna start off embarrassingly low though, as usual.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, I'll try to start up a thread on Friday (give or take a day) so people can officially join. This won't be a contest with a limited amount of cheats or anything like that, but I'll at least do some sort of rough over-site on who is still participating. Probably in the form of a list of active participants every 2-4 weeks.

Once I create the thread, anyone who wants to participate can join by posting their goals, whatever they may be. People can join any time through out the duration.

How often do you guys want to check in? Every week? Every two weeks? I can't see us going much longer than that.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm in! My vote's for checking in once a week.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How often do you guys want to check in? Every week? Every two weeks? I can't see us going much longer than that.

I vote once a week

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Count me in. Check-in once a week is good.

MetalMoon

Sure, I'll do it, but I may just lurk instead...

Gotta lose dat Christmas chub one way or the other

(also my excuse for not going to the gym today is: new year new me, it's ironic but it's not)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Okay, I'll try to start up a thread on Friday (give or take a day) so people can officially join. This won't be a contest with a limited amount of cheats or anything like that, but I'll at least do some sort of rough over-site on who is still participating. Probably in the form of a list of active participants every 2-4 weeks.

Once I create the thread, anyone who wants to participate can join by posting their goals, whatever they may be. People can join any time through out the duration.

I think once a week check-in is more helpful.
Anyway, I would keep forgetting which week was which.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so this is what we are looking at:

1. We will post our progress weekly in the main challenge thread.
2. Every 2 weeks I'll post a list of who's participating, and include notifications for people we haven't heard from. (If people want to follow up on that list, you will be free to.)
3. If we still haven't received progress from those on the notification list, they'll be removed the next time I post the list of participants.
4. The initial challenge will be for 3 months. People will be free to continue on after that, of course. If someone else wants to take over tracking the participation list, they will be free to.

When I create the thread, people can join by posting their goals. If they want to participate, but not be listed and tracked, they can opt out when they post.

Sound good? Suggestions?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sounds great... thanks UDog!

And to get things started, I would like to announce that I have set a new goal for myself because my core is so weak and needs strengthening.
My goal is to do at least 10 ab crunches every morning before I get dressed.
I've already done 2 days in a row and I'm already feeling it!

That is in addition to my weekly 45 minute workout that I do on Saturdays.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm on the fence I don't really want to exercise but I'm thinking I need to develop better eating habits as I either don't eat or eat too much. Right now I'm in the not eating mode and I feel that I need to be more consistent. but I don't know if I can commit. so I probably won't.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm on the fence I don't really want to exercise but I'm thinking I need to develop better eating habits as I either don't eat or eat too much. Right now I'm in the not eating mode and I feel that I need to be more consistent. but I don't know if I can commit. so I probably won't.

you can always start off with something super easy! Then it's easier to make it into a habit, and you can build on it later. Something like "eat breakfast every day" or "eat a fruit/veg every day" might be a good start.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't want to be tracked. i don't even have a scale but plan on going full force health conscious like i used to do. right now i just haven't been using my gym membership (luckily work keeps me active ) and i eat whatever i want all day every day...which is very often cookies... and pizza too often or other fast food stuffs. i just need to stop that and i'll be good.

i look alright but i want to feel better, healthier, sexier plus i think it will be good for just making me feel more balanced overall.

actually came across a pic of myself from about 3 years ago and think i'm probably about 15 lbs more that that now...i'd like to get back there i guess.