• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Make me better

Sakedon

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm ready to draw that line in the sand and be a better me.

1). Heading out today to a local community centre to assess their gym/pool setup. Right now I am very inactive. I'm generally comfortable being a couch potato, but there has been an insistent nagging for somewhere in my brain these last few months to give it up and get active. I want to get back into swimming regularly for sure. Maybe some cardio/weights pre-pool session. Anyone have a workout they can share for what strokes I should be doing to get my best pool benefit? Cardio regiment? Help a N00b out. Pm me if it's easier.

2). I love fish, I crave fish, if I have to choose between grilled salmon and a steak it's an easy, no brainer choice. But I live with my boyfriend and we share a lot of meals. He likes fish, but wouldn't want to eat it 3x a week. Help me discover some alternative, healthy dinner and lunch recipes to try out and mix things up a bit. Including portion controlled sizes.

3). I went to talk with my doctor a few days ago, apparently I'm pretty dehydrated. It's going to sound weird, but I don't like the feeling of drinking. I'll have some alcohol with friends, tea, sodas (which I want to minimize to 1 a week) but it always takes me forever to get through it. I can nurse a beer easily for an hour or more. I need to find a regimented way to make sure I'm drinking water and lots of it. Ideas are appreciated.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
carry a water bottle. google healthy recipes, find variety that way.do you like chicken?

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=20236]Sakedon[/MENTION]

1. I've been swimming more lately, the freestyle does it for me. Goggles are a must.

2. I'm vegetarian, so fish is a no no. I discovered curry paste and I cook lentils with onions, tomatoes and couscous.

3. Use a straw to help drink faster? I dunno drinking water is kind of a must, especially if you're going to be working out.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think I recognized thirst for a long time and was probably dehydrated a lot.

Some fruits have a lot of water in them. Citrus, watermelon, grapes, and tomatoes right off the top of my head. Soup does, too. You can eat dry and/or spicy stuff that make you thirsty so you'll maybe want to drink. I like little bottles of water because they aren't so intimidating. Popsicles and/or ice can be good, too.