• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guys: How do you feel about having a female doctor?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
give you the "below the belt" exam?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I have a female doctor.

I don't see why it would be a problem. :huh:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Is this a trick question? :huh: ;)

I prefer a female physician for anything, especially a below the belt exam. A female PhD in literature or other field would certainly be interesting, although not medically insightful.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It doesn't really bother me. In a way, it is actually less awkard than having a male doctor do it. I have always had a less comfortable relationship with males, and that's definitely going to carry over with things like this.

Still, regardless of the doctor, they're supposed to be professionals about it, so it's no big deal.

This does remind of an interesting moment in my life. I went to get an annual check-up when I was sixteen, and my usual doctor asked me if it was okay to have someone tag along with him this time. I said sure. His apparent (I presume intern) apprentice was a blonde girl that was probably in her mid to late twenties, and not bad looking. But... as the whole session transpired, she seemed to take a shine to me. Until, at one point, when the doctor had to leave for a few moments(leaving us alone), she was blatantly hitting on me! She, a healthcare worker, hitting on me examination room, while I was only sixteen. Now, when it came time to for the genital exam, I despreately hoped my doctor would do it. Fortunately, and not suprisingly, he did. And, before he did it, the girl decided she was just going to step out for that. I thought "yeah, you do that". :rofl1:

The lesson here is that the rules change in case of grossly unprofessional behavior.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not a guy but I'd say you have a one-track mind. Anyway, Happy Birthday.

Why do you say that?

And thank you, my birthday just passed. :)

S

Sniffles

I generally don't like anybody touching my body, especially down there.

But hey, if she's cute enough, I think I can live through it.

Why do you say that?

And thank you, my birthday just passed. :)

You forget his screen-name is Clueless, of all things.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't really bother me. In a way, it is actually less awkard than having a male doctor do it. I have always had a less comfortable relationship with males, and that's definitely going to carry over with things like this.

Still, regardless of the doctor, they're supposed to be professionals about it, so it's no big deal.

This does remind of an interesting moment in my life. I went to get an annual check-up when I was sixteen, and my usual doctor asked me if it was okay to have someone tag along with him this time. I said sure. His apparent (I presume intern) apprentice was a blonde girl that was probably in her mid to late twenties, and not bad looking. But... as the whole session transpired, she seemed to take a shine to me. Until, at one point, when the doctor had to leave for a few moments(leaving us alone), she was blatantly hitting on me! She, a healthcare worker, hitting on me examination room, while I was only sixteen. Now, when it came time to for the genital exam, I despreately hoped my doctor would do it. Fortunately, and not suprisingly, he did. And, before he did it, the girl decided she was just going to step out for that. I thought "yeah, you do that". :rofl1:

The lesson here is that the rules change in case of grossly unprofessional behavior.

hahaha That's funny...and not the first time i've heard a story similar to that before. I asked this question today because I saw this female Urologist on TV today and she said she mostly works with males and that her male patients always made comments to her about how they weren't expecting a female. Here name is Dr. Karen Boyle and she's on a show called "Hopkins". You can google it and find her website.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
hahaha That's funny...and not the first time i've heard a story similar to that before. I asked this question today because I saw this female Urologist on TV today and she said she mostly works with males and that her male patients always made comments to her about how they weren't expecting a female. Here name is Dr. Karen Boyle and she's on a show called "Hopkins". You can google it and find her website.

Hark!

Explicitly medical.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think given the choice I'd always pick a male doctor, although a female doctor doesn't necessarily bother me. I'm just be deathly afraid of what might "pop up" during the examination. That would be really humiliating.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I think given the choice I'd always pick a male doctor, although a female doctor doesn't necessarily bother me. I'm just be deathly afraid of what might "pop up" during the examination. That would be really humiliating.

I'd rather that to happen with a female doctor. It wouldn't surprise me, either.

(you may infer latent homophobia, if you so wish)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

Oh come on. You were great in Naughty Doctors 3.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think having your balls and/or wiener professionally felt up by a stranger with ice cold hands without sexy music playing is weird regardless of gender.