• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Health Update - Low Impact Water Therapy

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm watching you, doctors.

Since the last PA I went to fucked me up by prescribing me Trazodone for sleep, I decided to go another direction or at least find a different clinic, and find a steady doctor. The other clinic shuffled me from doctor to doctor, and they were either PAs or FNPs. I was afraid it would cost a lot more, but after insurance (Aetna) the office visit only cost $15 out of pocket.

When making the appointment, I was asked to come in early. That's pretty much sop, as there is always paperwork to fill out. But when I got there 10 mins early, the receptionist only had me sign a form of some kind. I thought that was kind of strange. Then while I was being seen by the osteopath I had the appointment with, a nurse came in and asked me if I filled out any forms. I said I wasn't given anything to fill out. So I was given the clipboard and paperwork to fill out after the office visit was over with.

When I was first let into the examination room the DO waltzed in and introduced himself to me. My first impression was that this was a skinny little guy. Health nut? Anorexic? And how smart is this one? Maybe another dunce like most of the others? Or does he have at least some rudimentary medical knowledge?

He asked me to tell him my problems, so I did. But I also included my problems I've had with other doctors. At this time, he got up from his chair and opened the door a little. Is he afraid I'll turn violent and so he'll have to make a break for it? Probably. Doctors are paranoid because they hear so much these days about mad bombers and "active shooters."

I told him I had enthesopathy, and he asked me to spell it for him. "E-N-T-H-E-S-O-P-A-T-H-Y." (He was typing into his laptop as I spelled it.)

He had me hop up on the examining table, lie back, and then he examined the area above my feet. I informed him that the other clinic rarely so much as looked in my direction. His examination revealed that there was some swelling in the area above my ankles.

He then asked me if I was getting any exercise, and I said no because it causes too much pain. We got around to discussing low-impact exercise such as water therapy.

I don't know if this is going to happen. Maybe? Does anybody here know about low-impact exercise?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Low impact exercises include swimming, using an elliptical, tai chi, and yoga. I've done none of those. I have read some material on treating loose or weakened ligaments, which is what you have. Do some research on a procedure called "prolotherapy".

In one study:

By questionnaire, 66% reported excellent to good relief after prolotherapy vs. 34% after anesthetics alone.

Injection therapy for enthesopathies causing axial spine pain and the "failed back syndrome": a single blinded, randomized and cross-over study.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Low impact exercises include swimming, using an elliptical, tai chi, and yoga. I've done none of those. I have read some material on treating loose or weakened ligaments, which is what you have. Do some research on a procedure called "prolotherapy".

Prolotherapy is used when all else fails.