• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Perfect Health Diet

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The authors of the book agree with you. The diet is "Mostly plants" even though you're eating 0.5 to 1 pound of organically-fed meat per day.

In addition, it's recommended to take some supplements, one of which is vitamin C (in addition to adding lemon/lime juice to various meals).

Regarding the fasting, it's recommended to fast in the 16/8 style, where you eat only during an 8-hour time period per 24 hours, most days of the week (I do it everyday).

Thanks for bringing up these points :)

oh this sounds interesting too.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
there is lots of evidence that avoiding meat completely and eating plants only is the healthiest way to go. This method reduced cancer and heart disease risk substantially.
See te DVD 'Forks over Knives'

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
there is lots of evidence that avoiding meat completely and eating plants only is the healthiest way to go. This method reduced cancer and heart disease risk substantially.
See te DVD 'Forks over Knives'

There is plenty of evidence to support whatever opinion you want. Confirmation bias is not a rare thing. The authors of The Perfect Health Diet, which by the way includes around 100 pages of research study citations, discusses the research supporting no-meat diets and research supporting meat diet. They obviously conclude that meat eating meat is healthier than not eating meat--but not if it's grain-fed cows or Purdue/Tyson/McDonalds chicken, etc. Eating organically-fed meat is much healthier than being a vegetarian/vegan. They also support this with Human Evolution Theory.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
There is plenty of evidence to support whatever opinion you want. Confirmation bias is not a rare thing. The authors of The Perfect Health Diet, which by the way includes around 100 pages of research study citations, discusses the research supporting no-meat diets and research supporting meat diet. They obviously conclude that meat eating meat is healthier than not eating meat--but not if it's grain-fed cows or Purdue/Tyson/McDonalds chicken, etc. Eating organically-fed meat is much healthier than being a vegetarian/vegan. They also support this with Human Evolution Theory.

then I guiess we're both right/wrong. I stated an opinion based on what I know. Is there another way to post on a message board?

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
then I guiess we're both right/wrong. I stated an opinion based on what I know. Is there another way to post on a message board?

Not a bad reply. You're right, and good point: there is no other way, really, to post on a message board.

However, I'd still like to let you and anyone who reads this thread become aware of ways they may be limiting their potential for daily functioning and happiness! Mabe it's because I'm an INFJ, but I really want to help people reach their potential, especially when it is fairly clear to me where they can narrow this gap!

Fear is a strong motivator. After reading about the studies presented in The Perfect Health Diet, which discusses why other popular diets (mediterranean, vegetarian, paleo, standard american diet, and more) are leave room for improvement. I won't start naming ways in which you're being malnourished by not following a version of the PHD, but trust me because I've read the book: there are plenty of reasons you'll want to at least be informed about the studies and the theory within this book. Also, maybe it's because I'm INFJ, but I'm probably more of a perfectionist when it comes to these things. But also, as an INFJ, I gobble up information for a cause that's important to me...I've certainly done so, and this book seems to be the pinnacle, especially since the authors have gobbled up way more literature on this topic than I have.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Your so called "Perfect Diet" is an absurdity, as well as the so-called "Paleo-diet". Any extreme diet, and especially if it pretends to be "perfect" or "absolute" has to be avoided. It sounds not like the language of scientists, but more like the one of a religious sect.

Eating too much proteins for too long will eventually increase the aging process of cells. This wasn't an issue during prehistoric times when people only used to live 30 years old on average... But if you want to live longer.. well...
Even if you avoid a lot of diseases related to the over-consumption of carbs, eating proteins only will also cause lot of other specific and very painful chronic diseases.
So the true secret of a good diet is balance and diversity.

Here is the advice of a true scientist:

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
Eating too much proteins for too long will eventually increase the aging process of cells.

The authors of The Perfect Health Diet are scientists too, and they've seen studies like the one you posted, which is why the diet recommends protein to be a mere 15% of caloric intake.

Although the PHD is based on principles of the Paleo diet, such as no processed foods or Gluten, it is not the Paleo diet. In reality it's much closer to the Pacific Islander Diet. "Seek first to understand, then to be understood." - Steven Covey

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The authors of The Perfect Health Diet are scientists too, and they've seen studies like the one you posted, which is why the diet recommends protein to be a mere 15% of caloric intake.

Although the PHD is based on principles of the Paleo diet, such as no processed foods or Gluten, it is not the Paleo diet. In reality it's much closer to the Pacific Islander Diet. "Seek first to understand, then to be understood." - Steven Covey

If you want to believe it like a new religion, then fine.

You're the one endangering your health, you're a grown responsible adult.

I am a scientist myself, I asked a few questions about your so-called "diet" to a few people I trust, and the answer was unanimous: according to them, it's a dangerous nonsense...

bcoz14

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you to believe it like a new religion, then fine.

You're the one endangering your health, you're a grown responsible adult.

I am a scientist myself, I asked a few questions about your so-called "diet" to a few people I trust, and the answer was unanimous: according to them, it's a dangerous nonsense...

I'm eating low protein just like you recommended...what more do you want? lol